How to attach a Pic

19 hours ago, ldubs said:

Could someone direct me to the instructions on how to attach a photo (JPG) to a post.  

Thanks!  

I can only answer for how I do it.  From my laptop.  I find the photo on my computer (with this page open) and drag the image into the reply window.  It takes a few seconds to upload it, but it's there.  Then I click the "submit reply" button.

557939360_art-veendam100_8351.thumb.JPG.b299a023343690bf617cfae4f565c5d0.JPG

Edited by Shmoo here

@ldubs

And remember, there is a special forum just for practicing your new skills! Check out the TEST FORUM for testing signatures, images, avatars, adding photos or videos etc.! emo34.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Host Kat said:

@ldubs

And remember, there is a special forum just for practicing your new skills! Check out the TEST FORUM for testing signatures, images, avatars, adding photos or videos etc.! emo34.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Thank You!  Sometimes I still feel like a tech dinosaur!  Haha

7 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Thank You!  Sometimes I still feel like a tech dinosaur!  Haha

You are most welcome!  emo3.gif

Glad to be of service,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Another handy dandy feature is being able to adjust the size of the image without having to edit it in photo editing software. When you attach the image inside your post editor (before actually posting it), just double click the image to bring up the image editor box. There you can adjust the size of it. Be sure to check the box for "Keep original aspect ratio." That way when you do adjust the width, it'll automatically adjust the height so as not to warp the image. After you've chosen a size, click the "Update" button at the bottom of the image editor. If the size isn't to your liking, repeat the steps.

On 3/27/2020 at 11:44 PM, Organized Chaos said:

Another handy dandy feature is being able to adjust the size of the image without having to edit it in photo editing software. When you attach the image inside your post editor (before actually posting it), just double click the image to bring up the image editor box. There you can adjust the size of it. Be sure to check the box for "Keep original aspect ratio." That way when you do adjust the width, it'll automatically adjust the height so as not to warp the image. After you've chosen a size, click the "Update" button at the bottom of the image editor. If the size isn't to your liking, repeat the steps.

It's been a while since I posted a picture, worked perfectly. It also gave me a review of the photo.  When I hit attach, the photo just appeared at the bottom, rather than in my post!!!  Great tip!

Is there a specific size preferred here?  I'm thinking of posting a review with tons of pics.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, red-dragon said:

Is there a specific size preferred here?  I'm thinking of posting a review with tons of pics.  Thanks!

I don't think so. I've seen plenty of reviews, or just randomly posted pictures, that were huge because the poster didn't know how to, or simply didn't want to, resize the image.

Me personally, I play around with the size before posting. Big enough to see clearly, but not so big that one has to scroll forever to see multiple images. That's just me though.

The only thing I see in their Guidelines about it is this:

Rich Text & Graphic Images

The use of these features on our message boards can greatly enhance your online Cruise Board experiences. However, postings that are difficult to read, too BIG or too small, too light in color, etc., may be returned to you so that you may repost.

28 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don't think so. I've seen plenty of reviews, or just randomly posted pictures, that were huge because the poster didn't know how to, or simply didn't want to, resize the image.

Me personally, I play around with the size before posting. Big enough to see clearly, but not so big that one has to scroll forever to see multiple images. That's just me though.

The only thing I see in their Guidelines about it is this:

Rich Text & Graphic Images

The use of these features on our message boards can greatly enhance your online Cruise Board experiences. However, postings that are difficult to read, too BIG or too small, too light in color, etc., may be returned to you so that you may repost.

I'll do some tests in the test forum.  My original photos are huge, like 4032 x 3024 pixels for example.  I use a software program to export them to 800 pixels, so they should be a nice size, not too big.  Thanks!

• Like 1