When Will You Cruise Again  

147 members have voted

1. 1. When Will You Cruise Again

• As soon as cruises start up
    • Will wait a few months in order to see how many cases show up
    • Next year
    • Not until a vaccine is available

For you consideration

Ships in North America with COVID-19 Cases Linked (see The Points Guy)

Passengers began showing symptoms while still on board:
  • Celebrity Eclipse (March 2 to 30)
  • Disney Wonder (March 6 to 20)
  • Grand Princess (Feb. 21 to March 7)
  • Norwegian Bliss (March 1 to 😎
  • Norwegian Breakaway (March 7 to 14)
  • Pride of America (Feb. 29 to March 7)
  • Riviera (Feb. 26 to March 11)
  • Liberty of the Seas (March 15 to 29)
  • Majesty of the Seas (Feb. 29 to March 7)
  • Oasis of the Seas (March 8 to 15)
  • Symphony of the Seas (March 7 to 14)
Passengers reported illness within 14 days after cruise:
  • Carnival Imagination (March 5 to 😎
  • Carnival Valor (Feb. 29 to March 5; March 5 to 9; March 9 to 14)
  • Carnival Vista (Feb. 15 to 22; Feb. 29 to March 7)
  • Celebrity Infinity (March 5 to 9)
  • Celebrity Reflection (March 13 to 17)
  • Celebrity Summit (Feb. 29 to March 7)
  • Crown Princess (March 6 to 16)
  • Disney Wonder (Feb. 28 to March 2)
  • Grand Celebration (Feb. 22 to 24)
  • Grand Princess (Feb. 11 to 21)
  • MSC Meraviglia (March 1 to 😎
  • Norwegian Bliss (March 8 to 15)
  • Norwegian Breakaway (Feb. 29 to March 7)
  • Explorer of the Seas (March 8 to 15)
Ships arriving from South America with COVID-19 onboard
  • Zaandam (arrive in FLL - April 3)
  • Coral Princess (arrive in Miami - April 5)
Ships elsewhere in World with known COVID-19 onboard
  • Diamond Princess (3 February, Yokohama)
  • Westerdam (11 February, Cambodia)
  • Braemar (February 11 - March 4, Havana)
  • Costa Luminosa (February 20 - March 5, FLL)
  • Voyager OTS (25 February - 7 March)
  • Voyager OTS (7-18 March)
  • Costa Luminosa (March 5 - March 25, Marseille)
  • Silver Explorer (March 14, Castro, Chile)
  • Celebrity Solstice (20 March, Sydney)
  • Ruby Princess ( March 8 - 21, Sydney)
  • Ovation OTS (11 - 18 March, Sydney)
  • Artania (29 March, Freemantle)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, seaknots said:

any lists for hotels, restarants, aircraft, apartment blocks, theme parks, buses, trains?

Of course not....but I will usually leave those locations before knowing that I or someone else is infected (although a few hotels in Europe were on lockdown).  On a cruise ship I am captive with the virus spreading stealthily and exponentially.

• Like 1

Insanity!

Regent has just announced a further FOUR DAY suspension of cruising!!!  Insane!!!

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages embarking through May 14, 2020. We plan to recommence operations beginning May 15, 2020.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

To ensure guests feel confident about sailing with Regent, we expanded Regent Reassurance to include all existing and new reservations made by May 31, 2020 on Regent Seven Seas Cruises voyages embarking on or before December 31, 2020, guests who have paid in full have the option to cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure date and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied to any new reservation within one year on any Regent voyage sailing before December 31, 2022. 

Please check back for regular updates.

To confirm this I found this under refunds:

Refund requests for Seven Seas Splendor on May 12, Seven Seas Voyager on May 11, and Seven Seas Navigator on May 11 can be submitted starting April 15, 2020.

All previous refunds need to be requested by 13 April whilst you are not allowed to request refund until 15 April for these additional cruises.

14 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

To confirm this I found this under refunds:

All previous refunds need to be requested by 13 April whilst you are not allowed to request refund until 15 April for these additional cruises.

While I completely agree with your "insanity" post, believe based on this further information they are trying to quell the huge number of requests for refunds/FCC by spacing out the cancellations so they can hopefully be managed at the home office.

Just a wild guess so we will see if future cancellations of which there most certainly be many based on the CDC ORDER which will be start coming in a few days apart??

Edited by rallydave

Dave, this makes; sort of like scheduling busses to Great Wall in China.  However, if the windows are short for refund and you don't reply in that time period, is the default return of 100% of your funds or the FCC?

Marc

24 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Dave, this makes; sort of like scheduling busses to Great Wall in China.  However, if the windows are short for refund and you don't reply in that time period, is the default return of 100% of your funds or the FCC?

WMarca

Dont know Marc,

Was just trying to make sense out of the announcement especially considering the fact that they won't be starting operations beginning May 15 unless they move all of their ships outside US waters which they need to do before the ORDER  is published in the Federal Register and only try to cruise outside all US ports.

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Insanity!

Regent has just announced a further FOUR DAY suspension of cruising!!!  Insane!!!

Just read a thread on the Oceania Board and the following apparently identical extension occurred.  Seems NCLH is marching their cruise lines in lockstep??

Just received an email from our TA that O paused all cruises till May 14th - a curious date only 4 days later than current May 10.

Fortunately for us, it includes our May 13th cruise which is now officially cancelled. 😀

35 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Just received an email from our TA that O paused all cruises till May 14th - a curious date only 4 days later than current May 10.

Fortunately for us, it includes our May 13th cruise which is now officially cancelled. 😀

Regent does not have a cruise departing on May 13th.  What itinerary?

Sheila - agree that notices from the CDC can change at any time (like when they said not to wear masks and now say that we should wear masks).  Not sure why the Silver Shadow was not. on the list.  It was held in South America for a week or two over a couple of people that may have had Covid-19.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jackie, so did you parlay your 125% FCC from Splendor into another 125% FCC (total approximately 156%) by the cancellation of your 12 May cruise?  Curious, as Regent website doesn't say anything about option of 125% FCC for these new cruises that were cancelled.  You are the so called canary in the coal mine.

thanks,

Marc

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Jackie, so did you parlay your 125% FCC from Splendor into another 125% FCC (total approximately 156%) by the cancellation of your 12 May cruise?  Curious, as Regent website doesn't say anything about option of 125% FCC for these new cruises that were cancelled.  You are the so called canary in the coal mine.

thanks,

Marc

We paid for the cruise with FCC's and received them back when we cancelled last week.   We then took the same FCC's and applied them to a January cruise.   

I believe the future cruise credit is now just 100% .  I do not enjoy reading all the political bias regarding a drug for the covid virus. I feel if a patients Doctor feels a drug might be the difference in life and death they should discuss and let the patient make that decision. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jhenry1 said:

I believe the future cruise credit is now just 100% .  I do not enjoy reading all the political bias regarding a drug for the covid virus. I feel if a patients Doctor feels a drug might be the difference in life and death they should discuss and let the patient make that decision. 

Agree with you but want to comment about 'political' posts.  While Covid-19 should not be a political issue, all of us are having to follow the guidelines set forth by the federal and local governments.  So, much of what we are going through is closely tied to the government.  When I've made comments - such as I have done about Florida, I do not care what the political party of their governor is - I cared because young people in Florida were putting themselves and others at risk.  Some states are doing better than others but, IMHO, it has nothing to do with their political party. Everyone wants to keep people safe.  If there is a problem, I pretty much "get" that fingers will be pointed to someone in government.  Having said that, there should not be "bias" in our comments.

In terms of the possible drug(s) that have shown be effective in helping some (not all) patients, as long as we can go to our private physician and request it (if we have virus), they can legally prescribe it for a use that it was not intended for.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the subject.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

In terms of the possible drug(s) that have shown be effective in helping some (not all) patients, as long as we can go to our private physician and request it (if we have virus), they can legally prescribe it for a use that it was not intended for.

Only if you are symptomatic after testing positive if the drug(s) have been approved by an emergency order by the FDA for off-label use.

38 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Only if you are symptomatic after testing positive if the drug(s) have been approved by an emergency order by the FDA for off-label use.

Someone posted that the FDA already granted an exemption for this drug.  On the other hand, could be more incorrect information.  There is a lot of that going around right now.

3 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Someone posted that the FDA already granted an exemption for this drug.  On the other hand, could be more incorrect information.  There is a lot of that going around right now.

I believe I posted what you are referring too.

However, I did NOT state the FDA has granted an emergency exemption for this drug...it does NOT require one as it is already approved for use in the US and that include off-label uses like prescribing for COVID-19.

What the FDA did grant emergency approval for, was a drug study.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wizpharm2 said:

However, I did NOT state the FDA has granted an emergency exemption for this drug...it does NOT require one as it is already approved for use in the US and that include off-label uses like prescribing for COVID-19.

Thank you for the clarification!

36 minutes ago, Wizpharm2 said:

Since I can't edit my earlier post on this subject I am correcting it here.  as Wizpharm2 stated for use of drugs off-label it is not required for the FDA to issue any approval of off -label usage.  The Doctor may or may not approve the prescription and should notify the patient of any possible side effects.

Sorry for the incorrect statement.

• Like 1

Princess and HAL have cancelled all Alaska sailings to and from Vancouver (Princess still doing roundtrip Seattle I do not know if the same for HAL).  When will NCLH make a decision on Alaska season?  I have been reading Vancouver Sun to see if any mention of cruising but haven't found anything that would lead me to believe that Canada will cancel the season but I would not be surprised if they did.

Marc

7 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Regent will cancel future cruises within 2 weeks of sailing (as they have stated).  Princess in particular should cancel sailings unless/until they are able to  control illnesses on their ships.  

Will Princess survive this? Would you want to sail on the 2 ships which were caught up in the first stages of covid? Why will anyone sail on the Diamond without a total revamp and name change? No comparison to Regent anyway but the history is not going to help people re book.