Same time next year prices :O

22 minutes ago, tennboy1981 said:

The prices may drop though as it gets closer?  Could always call and get OBC if it drops.

Your only option after final payment, assuming you are still going, would be to take advantage of higher cat price drops to upgrade yourself.  

I was thrilled with upgrade on my June cruise...then it was cancelled.  😞 

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Your only option after final payment, assuming you are still going, would be to take advantage of higher cat price drops to upgrade yourself.  

I was thrilled with upgrade on my June cruise...then it was cancelled.  😞 

June? I thought they only cancelled up to May 11th so far

On 3/29/2020 at 9:23 PM, sharonna3 said:

So decided to look at next year. Same time frame (Easter), same ship, same itinerary, same cabin and surprise...The price is $400+ more 😪

I said it earlier in the previous threads. The demand will be sky high as soon as situation comes to normal. All the cruisers that are empty now doing refunds will flourish the first day the quarantine will be over. If the demand is high, the prices are high. Simple economy. Thats why I suggest to not book anything and just save money now to spend it later

32 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Redeployed, no?

My June Grandeur 9 night to NE/Canada became a Florida/Bahamas cruise.  Not even close to what I originally booked.  Not interested in flying up to Baltimore to came back down and cruise in my backyard.  😮  Was given the three options.  

Took the 125%.  I have plenty booked until 12/31/21 to apply that extra $1678, plus what I paid for the original cruise.  

Edited by island lady

27 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I said it earlier in the previous threads. The demand will be sky high as soon as situation comes to normal. All the cruisers that are empty now doing refunds will flourish the first day the quarantine will be over. If the demand is high, the prices are high. Simple economy. Thats why I suggest to not book anything and just save money now to spend it later

How will demand be sky high ?  Also, what is normal ?  We will likely have double digit unemployment, like the Great Recession. Always easy to layoff people, but much slower to rehire.  The stock market has a good chance (or not) of tanking. Until there is a vaccine (12+ months from now), or a very effective medical solution to the respiratory issues, there will be plenty of active cases throughout the world.  Ports from 3rd world countries, where lots of cruise ships stop at, will still be leery of accepting cruise ships.  Plus, a huge concern for cruise companies, is that new cruisers (their money makers) will be turned off from trying a cruise after seeing those cruise ships (Diamond Princess, Grand Princess, etc) become floating death traps.  I've had multiple people who have been vacillating about cruising tell me that NOW they will never go on one.  People will forget, like they always do, but times will probably be tough for cruise lines initially.  The people of this web site are mostly die hard cruisers, so they will have no problem coming back.  Others, not so much, so pricing/demand may be greatly affected.

Edited by big_schots

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Right, but the sailing was not cancelled (yet), the itinerary was changed.

Right...but I was still offered all three options.  😉 

The way I see it (and obviously so does RCI) the itinerary is not even close to being a NE/Canada cruise that I originally booked.  That entire itinerary was cancelled.  I can see changing a port or two...but not the whole thing...and not in an entirely different direction.  In my mind...my cruise was cancelled.  

I thought it was generous offer, and was happy with it.   

Edited by island lady

48 minutes ago, tennboy1981 said:

RIght, but if you are booking a cruise for this time next year, your final payment wouldn't be due intil late Jan/early Feb. of next year.

And if the price drops before that you can just get the price adjustment. No need to have it applied as OBC

16 minutes ago, big_schots said:

.  Plus, a huge concern for cruise companies, is that new cruisers (their money makers) will be turned off from trying a cruise after seeing those cruise ships (Diamond Princess, Grand Princess, etc) become floating death traps.  I've had multiple people who have been vacillating about cruising tell me that NOW they will never go on one.  People will forget, like they always do, but times will probably be tough for cruise lines initially. 

Don't forget the Zaandam. That one is making quite the impression too.

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

At least it's not a new Costa ship with a show off captain.  😮 

Could you just imagine a ship filled with quarantined people sick with COVID hitting a rock and sinking while its captain was hitting up his girlfriend?😮 

I dis a mock booking on Anthem Thanksgiving '21 sail and the pricing for balcony cabins are in line, so far, to my previous bookings.

Also, if I apply the FCC to a booking that I have, god forbid, what would happened to this transaction if bankruptcy.

3 months worth of canceled cruises chasing availability for specialty cruises already booked for 2021.

If you want eastern and western caribbean go for it.  Other cruises are already heavily booked.  I looked at replacing our lost TP from SYD and found balconies and suites are sold out.

I took the refund.

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Could you just imagine a ship filled with quarantined people sick with COVID hitting a rock and sinking while its captain was hitting up his girlfriend?😮 

😮 I would call that a double disaster....wonder if Mr. Wonderful is still in prison?  😮  

Edited by island lady

3 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

3 months worth of canceled cruises chasing availability for specialty cruises already booked for 2021.

If you want eastern and western caribbean go for it.  Other cruises are already heavily booked.  I looked at replacing our lost TP from SYD and found balconies and suites are sold out.

I took the refund.

I booked my Aussie/Tasmania/NZ/TP/Hawaii/Vancouver  (2/10/21 to 5/16/21) Serenade cruises almost a year ago.  Most legs were already sold out on anything over a balcony even then.  😮 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

And if the price drops before that you can just get the price adjustment. No need to have it applied as OBC

This is what I’m hoping and watching for the next 13 months before final payment is due!!

Moved my deposit from End of June 2020  to Beginning of July  2021... Had to move out a week to the July date because the same cruise in June did not have availability in the same style room.  FYI for those that are booking specific room types.  And as some have said .... my price is much higher for next year vs this years and not due to the change to July.