FCC/Refund Question

I just want to make sure I'm clear on this. My 5/10 cruise was cancelled. I opted for the 125% future cruise credit. Is it correct that if down the road I decide not to take another cruise I'd get my original amount paid refunded? Thanks.

30 minutes ago, RealDeal said:

I just want to make sure I'm clear on this. My 5/10 cruise was cancelled. I opted for the 125% future cruise credit. Is it correct that if down the road I decide not to take another cruise I'd get my original amount paid refunded? Thanks.

You have until Dec 31 2021 to get the cash refund as opposed to the FCC. 

I cancelled my 6-4-2020 Canada and New England cruise on 3-25-2020 after RC cancelled.  I was told I would receive my full cash refund but have no verification of this.  Any suggestions or comments. Thanks.

So...if my original base price was 1000, I would receive a FCC for 1250, which is good till the end of 2021 and if I decide to cash it in instead of cruising, I will get my 1000 refunded, plus taxes.  If I decide to cruise instead and my new cruise base rate is 1050, then the extra 200 would only be good towards a second cruise, not applicable towards gratuities or drink packges on the first cruise, correct?  Thanks for the clarification.

30 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

So...if my original base price was 1000, I would receive a FCC for 1250, which is good till the end of 2021 and if I decide to cash it in instead of cruising, I will get my 1000 refunded, plus taxes.  If I decide to cruise instead and my new cruise base rate is 1050, then the extra 200 would only be good towards a second cruise, not applicable towards gratuities or drink packges on the first cruise, correct?  Thanks for the clarification.

Correct. 

I cancelled my cruise using the on-line form. I haven't received an email confirmation yet and my May 10 cruise is still showing up on my cruise planner. Any idea when this cruise will be removed from my planner? 

6 hours ago, BMMB1947 said:

I cancelled my 6-4-2020 Canada and New England cruise on 3-25-2020 after RC cancelled.  I was told I would receive my full cash refund but have no verification of this.  Any suggestions or comments. Thanks.

Royal didn't cancel this sailing yet. It is still on their website and showing in my cruise planner.  I am thinking they probably will as Canada is not allowing ships until July 1.  I am holding out cancelling myself and will wait for Royal to cancel as I would prefer the refund rather than the FCC