2022 Itineraries

SusieQft

Does anyone know when we can expect Regent to announce the rest of their 2022 itineraries? 

With so many future cruise credits out there, I'm sure they would fill up quickly.  I am going to have to decide soon whether or not to make final payment on an October booking, and it would be nice to know what my options would be if I finalize it and then it later turns into future cruise credits.

Agree that they will fill up quickly.  If I remember correctly, Regent tends to put out the 2nd half of the year around September.  However, they could delay some decisions until they know when some countries will reopen to cruise ships.  In the case of New Zealand, it could be a while.  

By 2022 there should hopefully be a vaccine out and things should be returning to whatever the "new normal" will be.  Based on Regent's reluctance to cancel things prematurely, I would expect countries, ports, and Regent to proceed optimistically to schedule 2022 with the assumption that the Covid-19 issues will be in the background by then.  If there are a few countries/ports that don't want to do that, then the new itineraries can just avoid those countries/ports.  It should be far easier to do that in advance rather than changing the itineraries after they are already announced and have bookings.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

I agree, what is the new normal?  Don't forget when they do come up with a vaccine, if it's a live vaccine a lot of people won't be able to take it because of transplants and other health reasons.

Yes, I can’t take live vaccines.  I take biologic medication that suppresses my immune system. 

I cannot take a live vaccine either.  

BTW, what I should have said about 2022 itineraries is that Regent may simply be too busy to finalize itineraries for the 2nd half of 2022 until after cruising resumes, and they catch up from months of dealing with the coronavirus.  My brain was thinking about New Zealand as it may not reopen until 2021.

• 1 month later...

We are booked on a 10 day Tahiti cruise in Feb 2021.   I am thinking this is questionable.   We are new to Regent.   They do not have any Tahiti cruises early in 2022.  I was hoping there might be something later in the year when the new schedule comes out.   Does anyone know if Tahiti is something new for Regent or do they have these cruises on a regular basis?

6 minutes ago, tert333 said:

We are booked on a 10 day Tahiti cruise in Feb 2021.   I am thinking this is questionable.   We are new to Regent.   They do not have any Tahiti cruises early in 2022.  I was hoping there might be something later in the year when the new schedule comes out.   Does anyone know if Tahiti is something new for Regent or do they have these cruises on a regular basis?

Regent used to manage a ship (the Paul Gauguin) that was based in Tahiti and there have been trips there pretty much every year.  Unless there is a change in itineraries for early 2022, it may be a area that they are not visiting.  Oceania (Regent’s sister company) also sails to Tahiti fairly regularly.  You may want to check them out.  Their two newer ships (Marina and Riviera) are gorgeous, their prices are lower than Regent but Oceania is not as inclusive as Regent.  

1 minute ago, Travelcat2 said:

Regent used to manage a ship (the Paul Gauguin) that was based in Tahiti and there have been trips there pretty much every year.  Unless there is a change in itineraries for early 2022, it may be a area that they are not visiting.  Oceania (Regent’s sister company) also sails to Tahiti fairly regularly.  You may want to check them out.  Their two newer ships (Marina and Riviera) are gorgeous, their prices are lower than Regent but Oceania is not as inclusive as Regent.  

Thanks for the feedback.  Will check out Oceania!

On 5/22/2020 at 5:27 PM, tert333 said:

Mariner is sailing in the South Pacific in Jan. and Feb. of 2022.  Check Regent's websites.  You can start in San Francisco and go as far as you want, or join in Papeete.  The best itinerary for Tahiti and the South Pacific would be to go from San Francisco to Auckland or even Sydney.  We did something similar In 2018, Honolulu to Sydney and it was definitely the cruise of a lifetime! 

We will be on the Mariner starting Jan. 5, 2022.  The San Francisco to Auckland is the first leg of the 2022 World Cruise.  We are hoping things will be more settled, covid-wise, by then.  We would love to have you join us.

• Like 1

Thanks.  It sounds like a great cruise!  We are already booked on the new Celebrity Apex for that date.   Hopefully, if they have to cancel my cruise in Feb 2021, there will be more options for later 2022 or early 2023.  

I have my flights and hotels booked for February(which I can cancel all of them), but am ready to go!

On 4/8/2020 at 1:45 PM, Travelcat2 said:

Agree that they will fill up quickly.  If I remember correctly, Regent tends to put out the 2nd half of the year around September.  However, they could delay some decisions until they know when some countries will reopen to cruise ships.  In the case of New Zealand, it could be a while.  

I'm thinking you are right on--it will be later, they have too much on their plate now.