Ruby Princess police investigation

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

If they subpeona you there is no choice.

Turns out that my sister whom I socially distanced with today has friends who were actually on this cruise. And they arent all that complimentary about procedures. He has been sick and tested positive but recovering at home. She is fine.  I wont say anything more but they will be cooperating with any questions and share their concerns.

You did not say who the were not too complimentary about. When you say procedures I take that to mean shore side procedures.....

5 minutes ago, DiamondFour said:

You did not say who the were not too complimentary about. When you say procedures I take that to mean shore side procedures.....

I'll leave it at procedures. It will be up to others more expert than us to judge who is responsible for what during that process. 

8 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Do any of you know if the police are contacting Americans?  A passenger from Florida was contacted and is getting a call tomorrow from Australian police regarding this matter.  Sound right??

From an article on the ABC (Australia) website.

"The criminal investigation — launched last week — already has 220 leads.

Police suggested the starting point of the investigation was assessing whether the Ruby Princess and its operator, Carnival Cruises, were honest about the illness onboard.

They also indicated all passengers may be interviewed."

• Thanks 1

I have resisted commenting on this, but.....

This is an absolute disgrace and a witch hunt against Princess. Reporting has been biased against them from the start and appears intent on laying blame. There is a clear intent to deflect any blame away from the NSW Department of Health and from Boarder Force.

Aspects that should come into focus is:

Why are Princess being treated differently from every airline flying into the country? Everyone of them at some stage or another has contributed to the virus spread.

What attempts have been made to track back the inbound passengers to their flights to determine the virus profile from each flight that inbound passengers were on?

If spreading the virus in a confined environment is a bio-security 'crime', what steps are being taken against the nusrse who deliberately went to work at the Anglicare Newmarch facility even though sick and has now infected at least 10?

What about the origin of other cluster groups?

It seems that there is a desire to point the figure for the whole of Australia's Covid-19 issue back at the Ruby Princess.

So, when will cruising restart.....The ships have been kicked out, no other country has done this, our media is trying their best to destroy the profile, why would they want to come back? Yes we are a market, but there are many others around the world that have not sought to blame this entire problem in one area. How welcome have we made the crews feel by telling them to 'go home'. I find this very depressing right now.

Rant over and I will crawl back in my hole!!

Cheers,

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I cannot believe that Princess still has plans to sail the Ruby Princess to Alaska this year. The gall of the company. See link

"We will continue round-trip sailings from Seattle to Alaska on Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess."

image.png.a2faa2acec6ec7bcf90935345c01cba7.png

That cruise is not going to happen. Up until now, Princess has cancelled all cruises up to the end of June. This is a moving target, and later cruises will also be cancelled. There is no way a cruise can operate from an port in USA in July.

1 hour ago, BRANDEE said:

Do any of you know if the police are contacting Americans?  A passenger from Florida was contacted and is getting a call tomorrow from Australian police regarding this matter.  Sound right??

Sounds feasible. They seem to be moving very fast. I wonder how they will manage ID checks for the caller though? They do plan to contact all passengers.

Cruises are completely different from planes. In many cases planes are a necessity, cruises never are. While a plane may transport someone with the virus, I have yet to hear of a case where someone caught the virus from someone else whilst on a plane. Over 700 people just on this cruise alone did. 18 died. And that is only Australians.

So we have Diamond. Golden. Ruby. Coral. Multiple deaths. Yes there are other cruiselines caught up in this pandemic. But Princess - what is happening here? This is no witch hunt. This is reality. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

Saying that the original source of the infection is "most likely a crew member who was involved with the food for both passengers and crew" isn't logical. When passengers disembarked on 19th March, we now know that at least 700 were infected, but there would have been very few crew, even they live and party in close proximity to each other. This is proven by the fact that even today,  there are 66 crew who tested positive out of 1,056 - 6.25%. Out of 2,547 passengers, more than 700 people have tested positive - 27.7%.

After the cruise ended, the passengers dispersed and were told to self-isolate so they would not have spread COVID to other passengers. However the crew continued to live in close proximity to each other, causing the infection to spread through the crew. Even so there are now only 66 cases. If the original source of the infection had been a crew member, we would see a very high percentage of the crew with COVID.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Shiprobbo said:

This is an absolute disgrace and a witch hunt against Princess. Reporting has been biased against them from the start and appears intent on laying blame. There is a clear intent to deflect any blame away from the NSW Department of Health and from Boarder Force.

Why are Princess being treated differently from every airline flying into the country? Everyone of them at some stage or another has contributed to the virus spread.

What attempts have been made to track back the inbound passengers to their flights to determine the virus profile from each flight that inbound passengers were on?

If spreading the virus in a confined environment is a bio-security 'crime', what steps are being taken against the nusrse who deliberately went to work at the Anglicare Newmarch facility even though sick and has now infected at least 10?

It seems that there is a desire to point the figure for the whole of Australia's Covid-19 issue back at the Ruby Princess.

I agree with your comments that the intent of this enquiry must be to deflect blame away from the NSW Dept of Health and Border Force.

Now instead of focusing on this, attention is going to the original source of the infection. However, the theory put forward by the police isn't logical (as I mentioned in my previous post). I don't believe Police should put forward a 'theory' when it is just that. They would have been able to very quickly determine which new crew boarded the ship on 8th March, if any did, and see what jobs they had on the ship. Out of 1,056 crew, if there were 30 new arrivals (a guess by me) they were only 2.84% of the total number of crew. Then we have to assume that one worked in the galley (not likely). If this hypothetical new crew member worked in the galley serving the passenger dining rooms, has he/she tested positive to COVID? All of this could have been determined very quickly, but no, the NSW authorities continue to drag out this theory.

We also have to consider that 934 (I think that was the number I heard) overseas passengers boarded the Ruby on the 8th March - more than one-third of the passenger complement. The vast majority of these would have come North America and Europe (particularly UK) where the virus was already widespread early in March. Where do you think the virus is more likely to have come from????

However, the only reason I can see for the current concentration on the source of the infection on the Ruby Princess, is to focus the public's attention on the cruise ship and Carnival Australia. Although other 'clusters' didn't result in anywhere near as many infections, they have barely been mentioned.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

I cannot believe that Princess still has plans to sail the Ruby Princess to Alaska this year. The gall of the company. See link

"We will continue round-trip sailings from Seattle to Alaska on Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess."

image.png.a2faa2acec6ec7bcf90935345c01cba7.png

This cruise is cancelled. Here is a post from the Princess section of Cruise Critic.

Just got an email on my August 11, 2020 Alaskan cruise is canceled along with the 2020 Alaskan cruise season.

1 hour ago, Shiprobbo said:

I have resisted commenting on this, but.....

So, when will cruising restart.....The ships have been kicked out, no other country has done this, our media is trying their best to destroy the profile, why would they want to come back? Yes we are a market, but there are many others around the world that have not sought to blame this entire problem in one area. How welcome have we made the crews feel by telling them to 'go home'. I find this very depressing right now.

Rant over and I will crawl back in my hole!!

Cheers,

That was a cheap shot at the nurse. He/she was asymptomatic i.e. exhibiting no symptoms. It was reported that this nurse had been in contact with a Covid-19 positive person but did he/she know it at the time? Do you have any verifiable evidence to the contrary? This is a better example for the need to test, test, test.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

However, the theory put forward by the police isn't logical (as I mentioned in my previous post). I don't believe Police should put forward a 'theory' when it is just that.

Agreed. The latest kitchen/galley worker theory is as weak as water. It shows that whoever thought it up has little, if any, knowledge of how meals are prepared and served on a cruise ship especially if there was an inference that the virus was spread in the food. This virus cannot be passed on in food, unless you're into snorting it. This virus is destroyed in the digestion process.

22 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Agreed. The latest kitchen/galley worker theory is as weak as water. It shows that whoever thought it up has little, if any, knowledge of how meals are prepared and served on a cruise ship especially if there was an inference that the virus was spread in the food. This virus cannot be passed on in food, unless you're into snorting it. This virus is destroyed in the digestion process.

After your post I was curious about the possibility of food being a transmission route for COVID. The short answer is that the experts believe it is not possible. Here is a link. The relevant part about food is well down the page, but it is worth reading.

https://paloaltoonline.com/blogs/p/2020/03/21/food-safety-and-coronavirus-a-comprehensive-guide

17 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

After your post I was curious about the possibility of food being a transmission route for COVID. The short answer is that the experts believe it is not possible. Here is a link. The relevant part about food is well down the page, but it is worth reading.

https://paloaltoonline.com/blogs/p/2020/03/21/food-safety-and-coronavirus-a-comprehensive-guide

Here's another.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-food-risk.html

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

That was a cheap shot at the nurse. He/she was asymptomatic i.e. exhibiting no symptoms. It was reported that this nurse had been in contact with a Covid-19 positive person but did he/she know it at the time? Do you have any verifiable evidence to the contrary? This is a better example for the need to test, test, test.

I guess I have to take back what I said. Watching the news just now it was mentioned that the person did have minor symptoms if they are talking about the same event. There's a lot happening in Tassie ATM.

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks for posting these links. Both articles are interesting. BTW, they further destroy the Police 'theory'.

It only fits with their attempt to blame the ship instead of the virus that came from china. Any seasoned cruiser could have said this based on knowing how people eat on the ships. I found it suspicious right away and it brings into question the credibility of the entire police force and highly unusual for a commissioner to go out like that and even admit there is no evidence to back up his theory.

6 minutes ago, DiamondFour said:

It only fits with their attempt to blame the ship instead of the virus that came from china. Any seasoned cruiser could have said this based on knowing how people eat on the ships. I found it suspicious right away and it brings into question the credibility of the entire police force and highly unusual for a commissioner to go out like that and even admit there is no evidence to back up his theory.

I haven't been agreeing with you on the theory of "corruption" in relation to the Police inquiry, but I will wait and see also. I think it  is more likely that the Commissioner is protecting his political masters' backsides and therefore his own.

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I haven't been agreeing with you on the theory of "corruption" in relation to the Police inquiry, but I will wait and see also. I think it  is more likely that the Commissioner is protecting his political masters' backsides and therefore his own.

Or it is the media doing the damage, taking comments out of context and not reporting facts instead of their wild assumptions like this piece https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/health-safety/coronavirus-ruby-princess-photo-shows-passengers-never-stood-a-chance/news-story/991422fe687682d21f6eca47335a43ab

NSW Police announced a criminal investigation into the operator of the Ruby Princess, Carnival Australia  No mention of NSW Health or anyone else.

Edited by rickays

50 minutes ago, rickays said:

Or it is the media doing the damage, taking comments out of context and not reporting facts instead of their wild assumptions like this piece https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/health-safety/coronavirus-ruby-princess-photo-shows-passengers-never-stood-a-chance/news-story/991422fe687682d21f6eca47335a43ab

NSW Police announced a criminal investigation into the operator of the Ruby Princess, Carnival Australia  No mention of NSW Health or anyone else.

The newspaper article you quoted has some interesting points:

1.  It claims the Ruby Princess sailed three days after WHO declared a pandemic, but the Ruby sailed on the 8th March but WHO declared a pandemic on 11th March. They had the "three days" the wrong way around!

2.  The article claims the following:  NSW Police announced a criminal investigation into the operator of the Ruby Princess, Carnival Australia, earlier this month, while Shine Lawyers in Australia have mounted a class action against the company saying passengers were not advised of the risk and were not monitored for symptoms.

It will be a travesty of justice if NSW Police only investigate Carnival Australia and not NSW Health and Border Force and why they allowed passengers to disembark. However, this statement could be a journalistic error by The New Zealand Herald, the source of the article.

20 hours ago, Pushka said:

have yet to hear of a case where someone caught the virus from someone else whilst on a plane.

This is just your State of SA: 

Known flights with confirmed cases of COVID-19 

Known flights to Adelaide with confirmed cases of COVID-19
Flight # Airline Origin / Destination Date of Arrival Close contact rows Watch for symptoms dates until
EY450 Ethiad Airways Abu Dhabi - Sydney 10/03/20 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 24/03/20
QF663 Qantas Brisbane - Adelaide 10/03/20 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 24/03/20
VA418 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 10/03/20 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 24/03/20
QF12 Qantas Los Angeles - Sydney 11/03/20 1,2,3,4,5 25/03/20
QF741 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 11/03/20 1,2,3,4 25/03/20
JQ452 Jetstar Adelaide - Gold Coast 12/03/20 ** 26/03/20
QF20 Qantas Manila - Sydney 13/03/20 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 27/03/20
QF739 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 13/03/20 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 27/03/20
QF50 Qantas San Francisco - Melbourne 13/03/20 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 27/03/20
QF679 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 13/03/20 10:25 1, 2, 3, 4 27/03/20
QF94 Qantas Los Angeles - Melbourne 13/03/20 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 27/03/20
QF685 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 13/03/20 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 27/03/20
NZ191 Air New Zealand Auckland - Adelaide 13/03/20 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 27/03/20
QF751 Qantas Adelaide - Sydney 15/03/20 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 29/03/20
JQ453 Jetstar Gold Coast - Adelaide 15/03/20 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 29/03/20
EK440 Emirates Airlines Dubai - Adelaide 15/03/20 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 29/03/20
QF761 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 16/03/20 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 30/03/20
VA213 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 16/03/20 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 30/03/20
QF675 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 16/03/20 23, 24, 25, 26, 17 30/03/20
VA211 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 16/03/20 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 30/03/20
VA437 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 17/03/20 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 31/03/20
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 17/03/20 7 ,8, 9, 10, 11 31/03/20
QF677 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 17/03/20 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 31/03/20
QF783 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 18/03/20 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 01/04/20
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 18/03/20 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 01/04/20
VA243 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 18/03/20 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 01/04/20
VA444 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 02/04/20
JQ768 Jetstar Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 02/04/20
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 All 02/04/20
VA428 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 All 02/04/20
JQ764 Jetstar Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 1, 2, 3 02/04/20
VA436 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 02/04/20
VA418 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 02/04/20
VA249 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 19/03/20 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 02/04/20
QF761 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/20 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 03/04/20
QF741 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/20 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 03/04/20
QF761 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 21/03/20 ** 04/04/20
QF2701 Qantas Adelaide - Whyalla 13/03/20 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 27/03/20
VA213 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 14/03/20 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 28/03/20
JQ453 Jetstar Gold Coast - Adelaide 15/03/2020 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 29/03/2020
QF751 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 15/03/2020 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 29/03/2020
EK440 Emirates Airlines Dubai - Adelaide 15/03/2020 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 29/03/2020
VA211 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 16/03/2020 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 30/03/2020
QF761 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 16/03/2020 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 30/03/2020
VA213 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 16/03/2020 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 30/03/2020
QF675 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 16/03/2020 23, 24, 25, 26, 17 30/03/2020
VA437 Virgin Australia Adelaide - Sydney 17/03/2020 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 31/03/2020
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 17/03/2020 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 31/03/2020
QF677 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 17/03/2020 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 31/03/2020
VA243 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 18/03/2020 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 01/04/2020
QF783 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 18/03/2020 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 01/04/2020
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 18/03/2020 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 01/04/2020
QF741 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 18/03/2020 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 01/04/2020
QF761 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 18/03/2020 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 01/04/2020
VA444 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 02/04/2020
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 All 02/04/2020
JQ768 Jetstar Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 02/04/2020
VA428 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 All 02/04/2020
JQ764 Jetstar Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 1, 2, 3 02/04/2020
VA436 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 02/04/2020
VA418 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 02/04/2020
VA249 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 19/03/2020 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 02/04/2020
VA838 Virgin Australia Sydney - Melbourne 19/03/2020 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 02/04/2020
QF761 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/2020 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 03/04/2020
QF741 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/2020 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 03/04/2020
JQ563 Jetstar Brisbane - Melbourne 20/03/2020 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 03/04/2020
QF741 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/2020 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 03/04/2020
VA444 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/2020 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 03/04/2020
VA428 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/2020 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 03/04/2020
QF761 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 21/03/2020 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 04/04/2020
VA1392 Virgin Australia Brisbane - Adelaide 21/03/2020 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 04/04/2020
TT461 Tiger Melbourne - Adelaide 22/03/2020 ** 05/04/2020
QF683 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 22/03/2020 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 05/04/2020
QF739 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 22/03/2020 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 05/04/2020
VA227 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 22/03/2020 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 05/04/2020
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 25/03/2020 ** 08/04/2020

Advice for passengers on flights with a confirmed case of COVID-19

Edited by Porky55

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

This is just your State of SA: 

Known flights with confirmed cases of COVID-19 

Known flights to Adelaide with confirmed cases of COVID-19
Flight # Airline Origin / Destination Date of Arrival Close contact rows Watch for symptoms dates until
EY450 Ethiad Airways Abu Dhabi - Sydney 10/03/20 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 24/03/20
QF663 Qantas Brisbane - Adelaide 10/03/20 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 24/03/20
VA418 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 10/03/20 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 24/03/20
QF12 Qantas Los Angeles - Sydney 11/03/20 1,2,3,4,5 25/03/20
QF741 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 11/03/20 1,2,3,4 25/03/20
JQ452 Jetstar Adelaide - Gold Coast 12/03/20 ** 26/03/20
QF20 Qantas Manila - Sydney 13/03/20 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 27/03/20
QF739 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 13/03/20 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 27/03/20
QF50 Qantas San Francisco - Melbourne 13/03/20 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 27/03/20
QF679 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 13/03/20 10:25 1, 2, 3, 4 27/03/20
QF94 Qantas Los Angeles - Melbourne 13/03/20 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 27/03/20
QF685 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 13/03/20 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 27/03/20
NZ191 Air New Zealand Auckland - Adelaide 13/03/20 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 27/03/20
QF751 Qantas Adelaide - Sydney 15/03/20 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 29/03/20
JQ453 Jetstar Gold Coast - Adelaide 15/03/20 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 29/03/20
EK440 Emirates Airlines Dubai - Adelaide 15/03/20 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 29/03/20
QF761 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 16/03/20 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 30/03/20
VA213 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 16/03/20 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 30/03/20
QF675 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 16/03/20 23, 24, 25, 26, 17 30/03/20
VA211 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 16/03/20 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 30/03/20
VA437 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 17/03/20 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 31/03/20
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 17/03/20 7 ,8, 9, 10, 11 31/03/20
QF677 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 17/03/20 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 31/03/20
QF783 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 18/03/20 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 01/04/20
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 18/03/20 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 01/04/20
VA243 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 18/03/20 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 01/04/20
VA444 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 02/04/20
JQ768 Jetstar Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 02/04/20
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 All 02/04/20
VA428 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 All 02/04/20
JQ764 Jetstar Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 1, 2, 3 02/04/20
VA436 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 02/04/20
VA418 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/20 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 02/04/20
VA249 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 19/03/20 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 02/04/20
QF761 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/20 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 03/04/20
QF741 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/20 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 03/04/20
QF761 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 21/03/20 ** 04/04/20
QF2701 Qantas Adelaide - Whyalla 13/03/20 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 27/03/20
VA213 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 14/03/20 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 28/03/20
JQ453 Jetstar Gold Coast - Adelaide 15/03/2020 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 29/03/2020
QF751 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 15/03/2020 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 29/03/2020
EK440 Emirates Airlines Dubai - Adelaide 15/03/2020 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 29/03/2020
VA211 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 16/03/2020 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 30/03/2020
QF761 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 16/03/2020 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 30/03/2020
VA213 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 16/03/2020 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 30/03/2020
QF675 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 16/03/2020 23, 24, 25, 26, 17 30/03/2020
VA437 Virgin Australia Adelaide - Sydney 17/03/2020 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 31/03/2020
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 17/03/2020 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 31/03/2020
QF677 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 17/03/2020 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 31/03/2020
VA243 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 18/03/2020 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 01/04/2020
QF783 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 18/03/2020 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 01/04/2020
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 18/03/2020 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 01/04/2020
QF741 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 18/03/2020 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 01/04/2020
QF761 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 18/03/2020 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 01/04/2020
VA444 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 02/04/2020
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 All 02/04/2020
JQ768 Jetstar Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 02/04/2020
VA428 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 All 02/04/2020
JQ764 Jetstar Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 1, 2, 3 02/04/2020
VA436 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 02/04/2020
VA418 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 19/03/2020 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 02/04/2020
VA249 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 19/03/2020 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 02/04/2020
VA838 Virgin Australia Sydney - Melbourne 19/03/2020 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 02/04/2020
QF761 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/2020 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 03/04/2020
QF741 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/2020 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 03/04/2020
JQ563 Jetstar Brisbane - Melbourne 20/03/2020 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 03/04/2020
QF741 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/2020 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 03/04/2020
VA444 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/2020 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 03/04/2020
VA428 Virgin Australia Sydney - Adelaide 20/03/2020 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 03/04/2020
QF761 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 21/03/2020 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 04/04/2020
VA1392 Virgin Australia Brisbane - Adelaide 21/03/2020 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 04/04/2020
TT461 Tiger Melbourne - Adelaide 22/03/2020 ** 05/04/2020
QF683 Qantas Melbourne - Adelaide 22/03/2020 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 05/04/2020
QF739 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 22/03/2020 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 05/04/2020
VA227 Virgin Australia Melbourne - Adelaide 22/03/2020 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 05/04/2020
QF759 Qantas Sydney - Adelaide 25/03/2020 ** 08/04/2020

Advice for passengers on flights with a confirmed case of COVID-19

Those are warnings only and you actually proved my point!

No one caught it from those flights. You can have an infected person onboard and not catch it. No one came forward on those flights and tested positive. 

No one from the Tiger/Virgin flight to Brisbane that the group of many positives from Wuhan back in January caught Covid.

No one on the Air China flight where the couple who flew into Adelaide from Wuhan caught it! 

Edited by Pushka

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

Those are warnings only and you actually proved my point!

No one caught it from those flights. You can have an infected person onboard and not catch it. No one came forward on those flights and tested positive.

No one from the Tiger/Virgin flight to Brisbane that the group of many positives from Wuhan back in January caught Covid.

No one on the Air China flight where the couple who flew into Adelaide from Wuhan caught it! 

We don't know if anyone caught COVID on a flight. There is no social distancing in economy!

If a person isn't at risk in those circumstances, why are we bothering with social distancing at all? Why have we closed coffee shops and restaurants? You would be further away from strangers in those environments than in a plane.