What’s for dinner in the MDR tonight.

ellasmomanddad

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Wish I could remember all the wonderful dishes they made for Christmas parties.  

I'm sure there would have been Pancit - that's the rice noodles with pork, chicken and veggies.  One of the best dishes I've ever had anywhere is the Philippine way of doing a whole roast suckling pig with liver sauce.  Liver sauce may not sound appetizing but it is amazing (and you would never know it was made from liver if somebody didn't tell you).

• Like 1

Hello again from NY, good idea to imagine and dream, especially when ***** ...  Breakfast was good today, pancake & eggs, coffee and yogurt.  Simple lunch: leftover/reheated slices of plain old NY cheese pizza locally delivered.  

Was going to do a drive-thru @ McDonalds for cashless takeout.  Starbucks next door (next to BJ in the mall) has closed until whenever ...  Ended up getting - beef & lamb gyro and chicken souvlaki for a curbside pickup.  If and when I must go out, we try to support our local small businesses ... they are truly hurting.  

We missed Bento lunch boxes - not sure if they are still able to get deliveries from the food distributor.  Beef Terriyaki and Salmon Terriyaki were excellent with a choice of soup or salad.  

***** Norwegian Cruisers -- How are things where YOU live?  (feel free to follow the "Sticky" on top) 

Collage_2020-04-11_22_41_12[1].jpg

Collage_2020-04-11_21_49_19[1].jpg

Collage_2020-04-11_21_52_18[1].jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

One of the best dishes I've ever had anywhere is the Philippine way of doing a whole roast suckling pig with liver sauce.  Liver sauce may not sound appetizing but it is amazing (and you would never know it was made from liver if somebody didn't tell you).

And the crispy skin, the lechon.

4 hours ago, nelsonewong said:

This seems like the best thread to ask: Did NCL stop serving Duck à l'Orange?  I know I had it on the Dawn Feb 2017.  So good and also the potato croquettes.  It's been my favorite MDR meal.  Last summer on the Joy, asked to look at the menus for each day and no Duck à l'Orange... 😞

I'm relatively new to NCL, so I have no idea about Duck à l'Orange on NCL, but if you're ever in Paris, the best Duck à l'Orange I've had there is at a restaurant called Chez France on Rue Amélie in the 7th (near Rue Cler).  Very small restaurant, but fantastic food and service.  Every time I'm in Paris, that restaurant is absolutely a "MUST visit."  I would be really excited to see Duck à l'Orange on my next NCL cruise.

9 hours ago, kaprin02 said:

I'm relatively new to NCL, so I have no idea about Duck à l'Orange on NCL, but if you're ever in Paris, the best Duck à l'Orange I've had there is at a restaurant called Chez France on Rue Amélie in the 7th (near Rue Cler).  Very small restaurant, but fantastic food and service.  Every time I'm in Paris, that restaurant is absolutely a "MUST visit."  I would be really excited to see Duck à l'Orange on my next NCL cruise.

Thanks for the tip!  A friend and I have booked a Paris vacation in October, and our hotel is in the Rue Cler area.  If we are lucky enough to be able to take an international trip at that time, we will check out this restaurant.   

The chef went the extra mile last night.  She baked homemade pizza, everything from scratch.  The crust was like no other, and the sauce, delish.  The two-day process is laborious but well worth the effort.

Easter Sunday, our chef is taking the night off.

Edited by logan25
  • Like 3

Happy Easter everyone.  Today we would been on our way, on the Bliss, to Great Stirrup Cay, so bummed. 

I usually make a Ham every Easter, but last week I made a huge pot of Pea soup with lots of Ham, we had enough for a while.  

We are having Shrimp cocktail appetizer, Turkey (currently in the oven), Lasagna, Asparagus, and Mozzarella Caprese.  I baked a Carrot cake for dessert last night (Alton Browns from Food Networks recipe, it is very yummy).  Taking a meal to my daughter when the Turkey cools. (Will leave it on her porch so social distancing will be maintained of course)  Stay well everyone.

• Like 1

two sheet pans of veggies roasting in the oven tonight.  Baby rosemary/smoked paprika potatoes, brussel sprouts, brocolli, golden cauliflower, green beans, onions, butternut squash, and some baby 'bella mushrooms.   yummy in my tummy

• Like 1