Now for something completely different

On 9/20/2024 at 3:13 PM, lyndarra said:

I agree, Kingsman is awesome.

I re-watched the first one this afternoon. Turns out the "Manners Maketh Man" pub is around 1.5km south of the hotel at the top of our short list. It looks like a pub meal at the Black Prince is on the cards.

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I re-watched the first one this afternoon. Turns out the "Manners Maketh Man" pub is around 1.5km south of the hotel at the top of our short list. It looks like a pub meal at the Black Prince is on the cards.

Don't forget to take your umbrella.😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Also, Black Prince Holidays is the supplier of our rental canal boats.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, we went to a presentation last week from a Holland America rep that was arranged by our local travel agency. It was quite informative and of course there was a sales promotion. There was some great deals with low deposits and large OBC values. We decided to sit down with our TA today and we booked an Alaska cruise tour for next year, in the end of August. We will actually be on land longer than at sea. Lynn has wanted to see the Yukon and this tour works well. I spent 7 weeks in the Yukon in the summer of 1977 and we are going to places I remember from that time. We will actually be in Dawson City for my birthday. We will be on Koningsdam this time.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Good so see the ships arriving in Sydney Harbour - it must be cruising season!!!!

For us, the end of the footy season (Yay - good on you Panthers🐾🐾) signals the time for us to start getting into the holiday time, after bunkering down for the winter since late April 😮. Ahead of our first cruise of the season [Royal Princess 30-Nov TAS/VIC], we are on a road-trip to do the Fossickers Way next week, going out thru NSW Central Tablelands & up thru New England & back.

In Jan (22nd) we have our QE cruise to Sth Pacific & then Ovation OTS to NZ 24 Mar. In between those two we have Mum's 90th birthday & the visit of our CC friends from Canada!

So looking forward to getting out & about.

PS I have my 50 year school reunion this weekend - guess there will be lots of old people there, surely I couldn't have gone to school with them! 

• Like 4

Neil, I love your joyful post.  Yes, well done Panthers, and cheers to the Prince of Penrith and his Princess Mary🥰

My father and his three brothers were born and raised in Bingara, which you’ll visit on your Fossikers Way adventure.  It’s such a beautiful region.  My Scottish ancestors on my mother’s side settled around Inverell, and my grandmother was born in Guyra.  Last time we drove through there it was snowing heavily, which seems strange for that far north, but it’s very elevated.  Best wishes to your mother for an amazing milestone.  Hope you enjoy QE as much as we did.  We’re also looking forward very much to welcoming Lyle and Lynn.  

• Like 4

On 10/5/2024 at 2:32 PM, Blackduck59 said:

So, we went to a presentation last week from a Holland America rep that was arranged by our local travel agency. It was quite informative and of course there was a sales promotion. There was some great deals with low deposits and large OBC values. We decided to sit down with our TA today and we booked an Alaska cruise tour for next year, in the end of August. We will actually be on land longer than at sea. Lynn has wanted to see the Yukon and this tour works well. I spent 7 weeks in the Yukon in the summer of 1977 and we are going to places I remember from that time. We will actually be in Dawson City for my birthday. We will be on Koningsdam this time.

Sounds like a great Alaskan cruise tour you have  booked for August next year.  You might like to check the weather because when we were in Alaska, at the end of the tourist season, it snowed in the Yukon.  Like your wife, I'd love to spend more time in the Yukon.  We only did an overnight trip.

• Like 3