January? Is that too hopeful?

CaribbeanJen

13 hours ago, lepidoptera said:

I am on the same cruise CarribbeanJen. I am worrying about them changing the cruise substantially or canceling it even if cruises are happening. Getaway is supposed to be doing Med cruises all spring, summer and fall. Then transatlantic in early December, and a few holiday cruises from NYC before our cruise.

I worry that Europe might not be open for sailing/might be such a short season they don’t bother sending her to Europe. If they don’t reposition to Europe and she’s already down south is it worth it to send her up to NYC for 3 cruises? I am hoping it is, usually NYC holiday cruises are big bucks for the cruiseline. 

I’m trying not to worry. If they do cancel I’ll just try and find something else, but I’ve been looking forward to this cruise for a while and I got an amazing deal on it. 

We are NEIGHBORS!  I'm in Buffalo!  

Hopefully this cruise will happen. I'm very much looking forward to it. 

Hi, I, too, am trying to figure out how soon we should cruise, since we have now had 2 cruises cancelled in the past month.

We just learned yesterday that the Sun will not go to Alaska at all this year, which also cancels the Panama Canal to get back to the East Coast. Then we saw that there will no cruises to NY till late in the year. How will we ever know when NCL is done shuffling their schedules so that we can book  something that probably won't get cancelled?

IMHO cruise will start up sometime in June or July.  This junk is already starting to taper off and while it has been a nasty bug, the media has WAAAAAYYYY over hyped this in order to scare the bejesus out of us all and some have used it to political ends.  Remember the big scare that over 2,000,000 would dire in the USA alone?

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 9:39 AM, SolocruiserMA said:

I have 2 cruises booked on the Gem, my favorite ship. A 6/26 to Bermuda, I give that 0% chance of happening. Also an 11 day Southern Caribbean leaving 1/3. That's 50/50 in my eyes at this point. 

I love NCL and am standing with them in this crisis. Though hoping my January cruise happens! It was a killer deal in October. 

I'd give that late June cruise at a minimum odds of 25% to 50% and the January cruise somewhere between 80% and 95%.

8 hours ago, CaribbeanJen said:

We are NEIGHBORS!  I'm in Buffalo!  

Hopefully this cruise will happen. I'm very much looking forward to it. 

Howdy neighbor!

I’m crossing my fingers we’ll get to go. It’s a great itinerary, nice mix of sea days and ports. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 12:20 AM, CaribbeanJen said:

We just booked on an 11 day cruise for January 3 on the Getaway.  (NY - Caribbean- Miami)

Jen & lepidoptera - Howdy neighbors!  Come join us HERE on the Roll Call thread for Jan 3 G-way.

Edited by darlak8
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, darlak8 said:

Jen & lepidoptera - Howdy neighbors!  Come join us HERE on the Roll Call thread for Jan 3 G-way.

THANK YOU-  may I ask where you are from?  We are in Lockport and we both work in Buffalo.  

I joined the role call.  It's the first time I've done that and we have cruised a LOT.  Normally I feel no need to make "friends" with fellow cruisers.  This cruise feels different.  

We were on the Breakaway the week after yours March 21. We were canceled and extremely disappointed.  We rebooked for the same cruise. The 11-day out of NYC with an awesome itinerary. I am hopeful most of this will be behind us. I don't think you are being too hopeful. In a time like this, it great to have something to look forward to. I am most definitely looking forward to those 11 days of heaven!

4 hours ago, darlak8 said:

Darlak8 I swear I have used the roll call tool multiple times and not pulled anything up for this cruise, so I joined one on the book of faces. I’ll be right on over. 

1 hour ago, laurawho2 said:

We were on the Breakaway the week after yours March 21. We were canceled and extremely disappointed.  We rebooked for the same cruise. The 11-day out of NYC with an awesome itinerary. I am hopeful most of this will be behind us. I don't think you are being too hopeful. In a time like this, it great to have something to look forward to. I am most definitely looking forward to those 11 days of heaven!

Are you booked on the January 3rd one?  If so that makes 4 of us here on this thread!