How has life changed for you?

Vampiress88

I wish I could say that my life hasnt changed much but living in a family with a kid is hella hard. As a man I am sure you can always figure things out but when you have a loving wife and children there is simply too much to care about so you have to be under constant stress all the time. I dont care if I fall sick, but if my loved ones fall sick - this will be devestating.. 

so yeah, things are hard 

• Like 2

On 4/18/2020 at 4:25 PM, BrianI said:

We have just finished watching the 25th anniversary production of the Phantom of the Opera, which has just been made available for a 24 hour period, till 7pm tonight.

Absolutely brilliant.

https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/watch-phantom-of-the-opera-free-youtube_51416.html

Brian

Brian, you are right it was brilliant.  

I have seen all of the Show must go on, National Theatre at Home, Andrea Bocelli and all of the stars on Saturday night.  I really do feel like I am at the theatre all of the time at the moment.  I am so thankful to those who have set it up.  

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 4:55 PM, tring said:

Not much different for us as we are retired and lucky to have a garden and live in pleasant area with a variety of walks available within the suburban style setting, though look forward to being able to travel a few miles to more open spaces and the local coastal areas.  I agree we are spending more on food as Tesco have stopped all offers and not so easy to shop around as we did.  We were lucky to have completed a 5 weeks land/cruise holiday towards the end of February though, so cannot complain.

The main effect for us is that my very elderly MIL was diagnosed with a terminal illness a month ago.  Her life expectancy at that time was a max of 3 months but more likely 4-6 weeks and she is getting weaker now He and our son have been allowed to see her in her residential home this week (wearing mask, apron and gloves).  I must say I was surprised to hear that the staff are not wearing PPE to prevent infecting the residents, which is quite possible at present, not that it would be a big problem for MIL.  Care homes are a worry, but we have also been thinking about a funeral when our single son will have to travel to/from the service on his own.  He is very close to 'Grandma and is very sensitive so I do worry about the possible effect on his mental health as he responded badly to my mum's death a number of years ago.  He is working from home and seems OK at present.

I am also thinking of the effects of other health issues by the pandemic with appointments/treatment delayed.  I can see that people could be reluctant to seek medical help for more urgent matters for fear of infection as has been mentioned by Chris Witty.

Overall we consider ourselves very lucky, but I do feel for those who are ill or working in health care, as well as those living in flats or inner city areas, especially if they have young children.  I have never been considered an optimist, but I do see this going on in some form for a very long time.

Oh Tring, feel for your situation, especially your son.  

It certainly sounds odd that visitors have to PPE up and then the staff don’t.  i suppose that they must be hand washing between each patient but I would have thought that they would wear masks.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Oh Tring, feel for your situation, especially your son.  

It certainly sounds odd that visitors have to PPE up and then the staff don’t.  i suppose that they must be hand washing between each patient but I would have thought that they would wear masks.  

When Frank's brother died he tested positive for Covid.  Being housebound his daughter and grand-daughter were a in and out on a regular basis to care for him. It was obvious how he'd  contracted it  and now they are inconsolable. 

Avril 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Being housebound his daughter and grand-daughter were a in and out on a regular basis to care for him. It was obvious how he'd  contracted it  and now they are inconsolable. 

The poor things Avril.

Doing what they thought was best for Dad and Granddad was only what any loving and caring person would do.

If they had not been caring for him then it could have been some home help and the result could have been the same.

It could have been something posted through the letter box , they will never know,  but what they should know is 

that Granddad and Dad, left this world knowing he had two girls he could count on and I bet he loved them more than

ever for that.  Bless them both .:classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

When Frank's brother died he tested positive for Covid.  Being housebound his daughter and grand-daughter were a in and out on a regular basis to care for him. It was obvious how he'd  contracted it  and now they are inconsolable. 

Avril 

Kalos has expressed my sentiments exactly.    They did what was right at the time.  That is all they could do.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1