Can you get refund of $200 back if you cancel,then cruise is by virus?

38 minutes ago, alexandra cruiser said:

I cancelled a June cruise before final payment,,,company kept $2oo for credit on next cruise in 1 yr.

Then cruises are now cancelled due to virus.

Can I get a refund?

Probably not.  In most cases once you make a decision and do what you do, you are stuck with your decision.  Right now people who have cancelled cruises before the cruise line cancelled the cruise are trying to get the benefit of increased offers the cruise lines are offering after cancellation and have not heard of a single cruise line that will retroactively make the change and your request is no different.  Sorry to be the bearer of this bad news.

Regent have not cancelled any cruises in June yet, have they?

I understood that the company cancellations of Regent cruises only runs through as far as mid May.

1 hour ago, alexandra cruiser said:

Can I get a refund?

A refund of what?

You didn't make the final payment and it appears that you have been refunded your deposit, less $200 to be used for a future cruise.

Sounds very reasonable to me.

You'd be out the $200.00 because you cancelled the cruise before anything from Regent was in play.  Just like if you cancelled and took the 100% FCC, then later Regent cancelled the cruise you wouldn't get the extra 25% FCC.

8 hours ago, alexandra cruiser said:

I cancelled a June cruise before final payment,,,company kept $2oo for credit on next cruise in 1 yr.

Then cruises are now cancelled due to virus.

Can I get a refund?

Unfortunately, you cancelled your cruise at the wrong time.  Regent has gone above and beyond to take care of their passengers in light of Covid-19.  However, it is really necessary to read the Regent Assurance notice on their website (hard to miss - it is there when you go to the website.  Here is the link https://www.rssc.com/collections/details?Id=f0941649-a430-4456-ba43-f4c2c78b7232

Under "normal" conditions, you would have had to pay a heavy penalty for any monies that you had paid towards that cruise. As has been mentioned, you will be able to recover your $200 when you book another Regent cruise (at the moment, I don't know if there is a time limit on this).

4 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Regent has gone above and beyond to take care of their passengers in light of Covid-19.  

I don't understand why you would say this. I haven't seen any evidence Regent has gone above and beyond anything related to COVID-19. Regent was late in canceling its cruises, including the one you were booked on which it canceled one day before departure. Regent is still telling its passengers it plans to recommence cruising on May 15th, an impossibility. Regent has been a follower, not a leader, in dealing with COVID-19. And I don't have any bias at all against Regent which I have been sailing for more than 15 years.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, giustot said:

I don't understand why you would say this. I haven't seen any evidence Regent has gone above and beyond anything related to COVID-19. Regent was late in canceling its cruises, including the one you were booked on which it canceled one day before departure. Regent is still telling its passengers it plans to recommence cruising on May 15th, an impossibility. Regent has been a follower, not a leader, in dealing with COVID-19. And I don't have any bias at all against Regent which I have been sailing for more than 15 years.

For passengers that decided to cancel their cruises before Regent cancelled them, they were allowed to do so without the normal cancellation fee and were able to receive a refund in Future Cruise Credits.  If Regent cancelled a cruise, they did have to give a refund but did not have to offer the option of 125% in FCC’s.  There are many things that Regent does all of the time.  Some of us see it and others do not.  So, if you feel that Regent did not do a good job, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

• Haha 1

Thanks,,just thought I d ask.

Future cruise credit may not be in future,my DH refuses to go on one till vaccine,,,or virus gone.

Just the picture of those stuck on the ships did it for him.

Have one on another line that I must cancel for Oct.

So sad our cruising days may be over.

Still stuck with lots of money in air credits,,,oh ,,,considering all that was lost on Stock Market,,why complain,eh?

At least we and family are well,,that s really all that counts in end.

Stay safe out there.

• Like 1