CDC renews warnings regarding cruise ships and international travel

drew69

This is the most recent thing I have found.. 4/15 deals with what cruise lines will need to do in order to sail in US waters... Many steps make sense... but some seem over the top to me and I am not sure how they will be able to comply. Part of CDC concern is overloading local hospitals and resources...so they want ships to be able to provide hospital level care... including ventilators which suggest to me a much higher level of care and medical staffing... I also wonder how they execute social distancing on a ship...  CDC orders for cruise lines April 15

Edited by kearney

I'm not sure that this is a problem, it is only in force while the public health emergency is in effect.

These are the things they would have to do if the 'no sail' order was lifted, but the emergency was still in place...

4 hours ago, kearney said:

This is the most recent thing I have found.. 4/15 deals with what cruise lines will need to do in order to sail in US waters... Many steps make sense... but some seem over the top to me and I am not sure how they will be able to comply. Part of CDC concern is overloading local hospitals and resources...so they want ships to be able to provide hospital level care... including ventilators which suggest to me a much higher level of care and medical staffing... I also wonder how they execute social distancing on a ship...  CDC orders for cruise lines April 15

Quite simply, while Covid is around, cruiselines cannot comply. It is CDC 's way of saying Stop Cruising, but without saying that.