Galley and Mimosa Tour

We're booked on a Thanksgiving cruise this year on the Oasis (fingers crossed).

When we went on the Allure a few years back we did a tour of the galley with a brunch afterward and want to do that again. Do you know when RC will put these in the cruise planner for booking? It's not out there right now. I'm thinking 90 days out it may be out there. 

I really enjoy the galley tours but I've always been a bit amazed that they permitted guests into the galley at all, in such close proximity to the food, even before all of this happened. It's not like they haven't been fighting the petri dish perception for years. I now fear that I may have seen my last galley. The cruise lines will undoubtedly need to rebrand their image to convince people that the ships are safe and I'm sure the galley tours will be one of the first casualties. Perhaps they will get creative and hold galley demonstrations outside of the working galley. But in any event something will likely change at least in the short term.

11 hours ago, Pratique said:

I really enjoy the galley tours but I've always been a bit amazed that they permitted guests into the galley at all, in such close proximity to the food, even before all of this happened. It's not like they haven't been fighting the petri dish perception for years. I now fear that I may have seen my last galley. The cruise lines will undoubtedly need to rebrand their image to convince people that the ships are safe and I'm sure the galley tours will be one of the first casualties. Perhaps they will get creative and hold galley demonstrations outside of the working galley. But in any event something will likely change at least in the short term.

several ships we have been on( different lines) have held  cooking demonstrations in the main communal areas.. poolside as well as  indoors.  everything from sushi to paella to BBQ.  

When I tried to pre-purchase the tour, I noticed that it was the same price that I previously saw on the ship. $35/person.

Honestly, I though the tour was cool, but I would not do it again, it was a tight fit and there were too many people in the tour.

The brunch afterwards however was AMAZING! Sushi, steak, seafood, amazing desserts. That, I would do again!

7 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

It's listed as available to reserve on both my cruises on Mariner of the Seas, one in October and one in Decembet

Totally just found it. It was under "activities." I kept looking under shore excursions for the sea days and all that was coming up was a scuba certification. Derp. 

I agree with some of the above to, about the galley tour being tight, my BF and I have a reason we want to do this again, so if they offer it we're going to do it. 

Ah, and yes it is Sip Tour Brunch. 🙂 I realized that right after I posted this. 

Edited by RedLightVegas

3 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Agreed, love the "Behind the scenes" stuff.

The brunch was a hit with our group as well.  Really enjoyed my filet and the cheese and appetizer table.

Dan

This   Also love doing the Chefs Table whenever we can book it, another amazing experience that also has a behind the scenes portion to it

• Like 1