$800 Olife

Petoonya

I know #1, cruising 4/21 is probably not going to happen and #2, taking $800 Olife is a dumb thing to do. Moving money from the right hand to Oceania coffers. My husband has some dementia and loves to know he has SBC to use towards a watch.

But if I did the $800 Olife can gratuities be deducted from that? If I remember from previous posts (that I'm sorry but I can't find) the answer is repeatedly NO.

(It does feel so good to actually be asking a question related to a potential, even if not even probable cruise!)

2 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

But if I did the $800 Olife can gratuities be deducted from that?

Yes. You can also make a very good use of O Life when it's used for excursions. You pay $100 for each O Life excursion and some may be up to $150 - $199 - a good value if you don't mind ship tours.

Thanks you two. We do independent excursions by and large. The first thing dh asks getting onboard is how much SBC he has- so he doesn't have enough dementia to forget that. I do like to tell him, "O has given you $800 to spend". And he has a big whoop-de-doo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks you two. We do independent excursions by and large. The first thing dh asks getting onboard is how much SBC he has- so he doesn't have enough dementia to forget that. I do like to tell him, "O has given you $800 to spend". And he has a big whoop-de-doo.

That's great - worth every penny 😀

A wonderful and clever gesture on your part - he is a lucky man.

Just now, LHT28 said:

you could do the math  & see  what works for you  between the O life  & cruise only

then just put some OBC  in your account   so DH has some spending money

And that would be refundable OBC, if it's not all spent (doesn't happen to us 😁), as opposed to O Life OBC which is non-refundable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Petoonya said:

I did that on the cruise that was just cancelled and still waiting for the $ to be returned. So will leave O to foot this bill for now!

It may be you  still footing  the bill  that is why I said do the math

Just now, Petoonya said:

I did that on the cruise that was just cancelled and still waiting for the $ to be returned. So will leave O to foot this bill for now!

Good point, especially if you expect to use all the OBC, as we do.

55 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

I know #1, cruising 4/21 is probably not going to happen and #2, taking $800 Olife is a dumb thing to do. Moving money from the right hand to Oceania coffers. My husband has some dementia and loves to know he has SBC to use towards a watch.

But if I did the $800 Olife can gratuities be deducted from that? If I remember from previous posts (that I'm sorry but I can't find) the answer is repeatedly NO.

(It does feel so good to actually be asking a question related to a potential, even if not even probable cruise!)

Yup......Grats can be deducted from any OBC...   However, you should press your agent to get  free grats  ( O is doing this  ...on a 9-2021 cruise  I just booked,  they gave me $900 obc and gree grats too ... this is on a  "cruise only fare"   no  O life evolved)        I think your 4-21 trip is  a very good chance  of sailing.        See your agent its a buyers market right now.

3 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

However, you should press your agent to get  free grats

This is a very el cheapo Papeete- SF cruise. Yet it's actually the same price as I spent two years ago, same cruise with free grats. 

I LOVE my TA. She has saved me numerous times. And she will have nearly a year of no commission for the pain and grief of cancellations, and frustrated, angry consumers of this year. I have no problem with a cruise without free grats booking with her. Thanks for the words though. 🙂

18 hours ago, Petoonya said:

This is a very el cheapo Papeete- SF cruise. Yet it's actually the same price as I spent two years ago, same cruise with free grats. 

I LOVE my TA. She has saved me numerous times. And she will have nearly a year of no commission for the pain and grief of cancellations, and frustrated, angry consumers of this year. I have no problem with a cruise without free grats booking with her. Thanks for the words though. 🙂

your very welcome   just a passing thought.

17 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Whether you get O Life or just buy some OBC, do it about 20 days before the cruise starts (needs to be 14 days pre-cruise).

That way you'll have a better idea if the cruise is actually sailing or not.

Paul as both an optimist  and a realist.. I have concluded nothing is going to sail this year I tend to agree  that O is cutting 2020 cruises  to get people to lay out the deposits.   Then when the  cruise they deposited on is scrubbed  , rather than refund  they will find it easier  to just book a 2021 cruise      O benefits from a interest free cash infusion....

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 6:43 PM, Hawaiidan said:

Yup......Grats can be deducted from any OBC...   However, you should press your agent to get  free grats  ( O is doing this  ...on a 9-2021 cruise  I just booked,  they gave me $900 obc and gree grats too ... this is on a  "cruise only fare"   no  O life evolved)        I think your 4-21 trip is  a very good chance  of sailing.        See your agent its a buyers market right now.

Did your TA offer the $900 ofc and free Grats Too? Did you request it? Do you have to be a frequent cruiser?  We have a Dec 1,2020 (maybe). It's our 4th Oceania with this TA. TA giving us about $500.