RCCL'S Travel VISA question

We got ours directly from each country.   Inexpensive and easy.  Done online.  Connected to your passport,  though I printed out receipt.  No reason to use an agency and pay an extra fee.   Just make sure you are on the country's website and not a private agency site that comes up your Google search.

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Where are you seeing that being offered?

My wife said there's a place on RCCL'S website cruisers can use to get travel VISAs.  She handles all the paperwork so I haven't seen the site myself.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I agree - easy and inexpensive to get those visas online.

(my memory is poor on this issue; I remember getting the Australia visa; I don't remember there being a visa for New Zealand.  Is it new?)

This will be our 1st sailing to Australia and New Zealand. Someone on our roll call said New Zealand requires a VISA (Maybe it was a different travel doc) that requires applicants to mail their ACTUAL passport to NZ. I don't like the sound of that......

Edited by STEVE-O
typo

3 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

This will be our 1st sailing to Australia and New Zealand. Someone on our roll call said New Zealand requires a VISA (Maybe it was a different travel doc) that requires applicants to mail their ACTUAL passport to NZ. I don't like the sound of that......

IF (IF IF IF) that is true, it is definitely new.  The only time I have EVER had to mail my passport for a visa was for Brazil in 2008.

38 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

My wife said there's a place on RCCL'S website cruisers can use to get travel VISAs.  

I haven't used their site: https://visacentral.com/tourkits?bookmark=1&login=royalcaribbean but it looks like the Australian visa is $55 while if you go directly to the Aussie gov't site: https://www.eta.homeaffairs.gov.au/ETAS3/etas it's $A20. I assume the same kind of mark up for NZ visas. Go directly to the gov't site to get your visa(s), skip the middle man and the mark up.

Edited by Biker19