Refund on FCC

GerScot

I was told that it would depend on what compensation was offer on that round of cancellations.   This was by Celebrity.....they are having trouble refunding the current cancellations.....I doubt that they will offer refunds in the future.

Since the FCC was under CWC which didn’t have a refund option I doubt that you can get a cash refund for that amount however you should have the option to receive a cash refund for any amount over the FCC that you paid. 

• Thanks 1

We voluntarily took a 50% fcc under CWC when we cancelled ..that was before the Med Note req was put into place.. Hope it works out okay in 2021

Unrelated to our situation note in para 1  I read today that Viking will give a refund if you can't use the FCC in the 24 month period.  That would be great  !

"Guests have 24 months to use the cruise voucher, but if they are unable to, Viking will send an automatic refund."

Edited by hcat

On 4/25/2020 at 3:38 PM, jelayne said:

Since the FCC was under CWC which didn’t have a refund option I doubt that you can get a cash refund for that amount however you should have the option to receive a cash refund for any amount over the FCC that you paid. 

That's how I understand it too.

44 minutes ago, hcat said:

We voluntarily took a 50% fcc under CWC when we cancelled ..that was before the Med Note req was put into place.. Hope it works out okay in 2021

Unrelated to our situation note in para 1  I read today that Viking will give a refund if you can't use the FCC in the 24 month period.  That would be great  !

"Guests have 24 months to use the cruise voucher, but if they are unable to, Viking will send an automatic refund."

Wouldn't it be nice for Celebrity to adopt Viking's approach. Many of us with substantial FCC may not be able to use it within Celebrity's time period.

I'm not sure Celebrity is that much worse than Viking as you can convert FCC to 100% refund by 12/31/2021 if your FCC is from a Suspended Sailing.    Those who cancelled using CWC will never get a refund as they did that as a courtesy because you willingly cancelled and should have been subject to the contracted cancellation penalty.   Sorry to be harsh but that's the way it is.

I guess it would be nice if those who cancelled with CWC could turn in the FCC and revert to the original cancellation policy.   Maybe getting back 25 or 50% in refund would be better than a FCC you'll never use.   Sometimes hindsight is 20/20.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'm not sure Celebrity is that much worse than Viking as you can convert FCC to 100% refund by 12/31/2021 if your FCC is from a Suspended Sailing.    Those who cancelled using CWC will never get a refund as they did that as a courtesy because you willingly cancelled and should have been subject to the contracted cancellation penalty.   Sorry to be harsh but that's the way it is.

I guess it would be nice if those who cancelled with CWC could turn in the FCC and revert to the original cancellation policy.   Maybe getting back 25 or 50% in refund would be better than a FCC you'll never use.   Sometimes hindsight is 20/20.

Except...when we took the FCC,  there was nothing out there about a fit to cruise note..therefore a change in the program.  We are hoping to use the fcc once they ease up or we feel comfortable getting the note... otherwise we'll take the loss and find other amusements!  Sandals has some great  future offers at the moment and they treat us the way Celebrity used to....like valued customers &  not just another number,,,

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, that's the way it is with Celebrity, which is why we say it would be nice if they were to adopt Viking's approach.

How does Viking differ?  Isn't their offer on cruises they cancelled?  Celebrity is offering to convert FCC to refund on sailings they cancelled up to 12/31/2021.   I haven't seen any information from Viking around a program like CWC where the customer cancels on their own.

13 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

How does Viking differ?  Isn't their offer on cruises they cancelled?  Celebrity is offering to convert FCC to refund on sailings they cancelled up to 12/31/2021.   I haven't seen any information from Viking around a program like CWC where the customer cancels on their own.

You really should look at the Viking program, as there are numerous benefits, including for customers who cancelled, not just cancellations made by the line. As for the FCC, Viking allows you up to two years to make the decision whether to use the FCC or take a refund. Compare that to Celebrity's policy:

For suspended Sailings departing between May 12 – June 11, 2020 guests have until the end of this year, December 31, 2020 to request a refund. For suspended sailings departing on or before May 11th guests have until December 31, 2021, to decide to change their FCC to a refund for the amounts paid toward their cruise fare.