Is my math right?

Ombud

I think I've been dealt with fairly but it's taking forever. 4 cancelled cruises:

> Enchanted Transatlantic Rome to Florida this November was changed to Rome to Singapore so I was cancelled. 15 OBC credit & rebooked to Majestic 

> Majestic cancelled after paid with gift cards and transferred to Sky this September.  (now a mini suite) I owed because of price difference

> Grand March 22nd cancelled & got all my cash + enough FCC to pay off Sky + 202.13 refundable OBC on that voyage

>Grand 29th cancelled. Got enough FCC to pay off Enchanted Transatlantic next April + 2082 FCC in my 'bank'

> my Princess Planner says princess still owes me another 537 FCC + 434 cash + 50 OBC so I have enough to take everyone on an Alaska cruise next summer

I think why I got so upset was because it took so long

Once the dust settles, do you also think you were dealt with fairly?

26 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I think I've been dealt with fairly but it's taking forever. 4 cancelled cruises:

> Enchanted Transatlantic Rome to Florida this November was changed to Rome to Singapore so I was cancelled. 15 OBC credit & rebooked to Majestic 

> Majestic cancelled after paid with gift cards and transferred to Sky this September.  (now a mini suite) I owed because of price difference

> Grand March 22nd cancelled & got all my cash + enough FCC to pay off Sky + 202.13 refundable OBC on that voyage

>Grand 29th cancelled. Got enough FCC to pay off Enchanted Transatlantic next April + 2082 FCC in my 'bank'

> my Princess Planner says princess still owes me another 537 FCC + 434 cash + 50 OBC so I have enough to take everyone on an Alaska cruise next summer

I think why I got so upset was because it took so long

Once the dust settles, do you also think you were dealt with fairly?

I don't see anywhere that the Enchanted now going to Singapore instead of Ft. Lauderdale. People on the roll call are not saying this. We cancelled that cruise a couple of months ago but are booked on January on the Enchanted. Still have that booking.Princess still has Rome to Ft. lauderdale showing on the itinerary.

And to answer about being treated fairly. Looks like you are but we aren't. had to cancel a cruise that would have sailed April 21st. No money back. We cancelled ours March 5th and were in penalty phase. Got the small amount back and then applied to insurance. Would have been happy doing the insurance. Then Insurance canceled us because they said Princess would be reimbursing us the cost of insurance. So we got nothing further back . Even our future Cruise deposit has not been returned. Fair, I don't think so.

Just waiting for all of our FCC to be available to use on our booked cruises.  Our cancelled June Alaskan Cruise Tour (~$11,000) hasn’t been posted to our cruise personalizer; the May 2020 Ruby cruise has been posted.  In both cases, we choose to take the FCC.

I don’t consider Princess’ actions to be fair or not.  I have a business contract with Princess; I expect them to fulfill their end of the contract.  I’m not stressing about how long it’s taking.  My previous transactions with Princess has been good (which is why we’re still sailing with them).  I do believe they will honor the contract. Sooner would be better though!

29 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

I don't see anywhere that the Enchanted now going to Singapore instead of Ft. Lauderdale.

That happened 12/17/19 when Princess was reworking their itinerary.  (that's the date of my Goodwill OBC) Maybe it was just going East and I was trying to get West. At any rate Princess cancelled me. 4 shifts in planning .... all that planning 😔 and not certain that the next one will happen

My angst is that it is taking so long. I'm not a very patient person but I think I've been made 'whole'

Edited by Ombud

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

That happened 12/17/19 when Princess was reworking their itinerary.  (that's the date of my Goodwill OBC)

My angst is that it is taking so long. I'm not a very patient person but I think I've been made 'whole'

Funny I was still booked and never got any OBC. I am also not very patient. Fortunately for us, even though a pretty good amount of money at stake, we can wait for it. I just hate when things are just hanging and no resolve.

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That happened 12/17/19 when Princess was reworking their itinerary.  (that's the date of my Goodwill OBC) Maybe it was just going East and I was trying to get West. At any rate 4 shifts in planning .... all that planning 😔 and not certain that the next one will happen

No, it didn't... Enchanted is still doing Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale this November. I'm booked on her, and have been since bookings opened. We have a very active roll call, and if this had been done in December of 2019 I'm fairly certain that we'd know by now. Also, the Enchanted is not scheduled to go to Singapore at all according to Princess' site...

Edited by jwattle

It is!!! I would ask my Princess Planner but no point in that. Irritating. I have the credit. I've paid for 2 cruises and gotten 2 transatlantics with 2082 FCC + another 537 by April 30th & $434 refunded (or so she says). I was Rome to Florida not Barcelona to Florida. Now I'm Florida to Rome

It was not in October. It had to be after election cycle which is November 3rd. There is no way my department would let me go before

I hope my Sky & your Enchanted Transatlantic are happening 

Edited by Ombud

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

Then WHY was I taken off it????

I think the problem here is that the Enchanted TA in the fall of 2021 was canceled and the ship was changed to head for Singapore. I was on that cruise also and it was canceled and I received $15 goodwill offering. I think the OP just has the date mixed up between 2020 and 2021. The Enchanted is still shown is doing a TA from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale in 2020 although we don’t know if it will happen or not. The Enchanted was originally supposed to also do a TA in 2021 that was canceled so they could send the ship to Singapore.

Edited by Sea Day Cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sea Day Cruiser said:

I think the problem here is that the Enchanted TA in the fall of 2021 was canceled and the ship was changed to head for Singapore. I was on that cruise also and it was canceled and I received $15 goodwill offering. I think the OP just has the date mixed up between 2020 and 2021. 

👍 oops. In this insanity I remembered the wrong year. 

Edited by Ombud

On 4/25/2020 at 8:21 AM, san diego sue said:

I don't see anywhere that the Enchanted now going to Singapore instead of Ft. Lauderdale. People on the roll call are not saying this. We cancelled that cruise a couple of months ago but are booked on January on the Enchanted. Still have that booking.Princess still has Rome to Ft. lauderdale showing on the itinerary.

And to answer about being treated fairly. Looks like you are but we aren't. had to cancel a cruise that would have sailed April 21st. No money back. We cancelled ours March 5th and were in penalty phase. Got the small amount back and then applied to insurance. Would have been happy doing the insurance. Then Insurance canceled us because they said Princess would be reimbursing us the cost of insurance. So we got nothing further back . Even our future Cruise deposit has not been returned. Fair, I don't think so.

ditto.  our sailing date 4-11-20. Cancelled about 3-1-20 claim via Princess insurance in penalty phase, referred back to Princess, selected option 2 on 3-12-20.  Only thing we got was port fees  3-6-20 and that was prior to selecting option 2.  no reimbursement to cc and now have filed dispute with cc company against Princess

• Like 1

Ombud - I have a trivia question. You mention 'refundable OBC' is that OBC you had purchased ? The only time I have seen refundable OBC was on a cruise where Veteran OBC  was unused. I have OBC as a perk on current cruise but if it is cancelled or I rebook, that OBC goes away, it is not refunded or transferred to another cruise.