Why is this Itenerary listed as 15 days when it is actually 16?

lizord

You can disembark as soon as the Japanese say you can.   Under the new conditions  they will want to test folks on the ships for disease before you can set foot in Japan.      
They are definitely not as easy going as we are in the U.S.   I would not schedule an early departure if that is what you are considering.

1 minute ago, Covepointcruiser said:

You can disembark as soon as the Japanese say you can.   Under the new conditions  they will want to test folks on the ships for disease before you can set foot in Japan.      
They are definitely not as easy going as we are in the U.S.   I would not schedule an early departure if that is what you are considering.

I'm not, I was thinking that was what made the cruise be listed as 15 days rather than 16.

Having done that cruise, and having had family members cruise it more than once; I can share another secret.  You get 16 night's Captain's Club points for it as well. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Having done that cruise, and having had family members cruise it more than once; I can share another secret.  You get 16 night's Captain's Club points for it as well. 

Harris

Denver, CO

I had the same experience as Harris.     If you go the other way you Japan to US you may have to call to get the extra day of cruise credit.

I'm on the one going the other way in April (4/25/21)...For mine, we repeat a day going the other way across the international date line...

The website let me make dining reservations for every night...well, ALMOST every night...It would only let me make one reservation for May 3rd...even though we will have TWO May 3rds...

And the "Calendar" shown on the website only shows Days 1-15...even though it is 16 days (15 nights)!!

18 minutes ago, sonnycruises said:

Why are they calling it a Bering Sea cruise when it never goes above the Aleutian Islands? In fact the course indicated is 1000's of miles from the Bering Sea.

Because, they were bearing toward the sea, of course.

• Haha 1