Price Drops in a Pandemic

AFS1970

I know NCL usually only honors a price drop within 48 hours. However CC has featured more than a few threads on folks that have been successful is getting OBC for price drops. Has anyone on here tried and/or succeeded in getting any consideration during the current situation? It feels kind of like war profiteering but my cruise has dropped by more than $600 and this is a factor in my choice on if I cancel it or not. 

17 minutes ago, AFS1970 said:

I haven't made the final payment yet, and to be fair price will only be one factor. I will probably call, but I was just curious as to how others may have faired.

If you are outside final payment, the expectation is that this is a cancel and re-book. You will get the current promotions. 

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Many factors.   Are you within final payment?     I also would assume  past "exceptions"   to be a given .     

All you can do is call and inquire,  if anything can be done.    

Should be -  would NOT.     I would not be surprised if cruiselines tightened up and went by the terms of the booking and not offer exceptions.   

1 hour ago, Joken35 said:

If the price drops , you will,get 25% of that on OBC. BUT you have to call or have your TA set it up, they will not do it automatically.

I don't assume-   it's going to be a given, continued  "exception".     I would not be surprised-  terms are more closely adhered to.   

What happened before the pandemic may not apply now as technically, NCL didn't have to do anything if the price dropped. I enjoyed a 25% obc and this is how it was explained: NCL would first look to see if any cabins in the category above mine were available. That would be their choice if one was. If no cabin was available, I would be given the 25% obc. 

On 4/29/2020 at 11:18 PM, AFS1970 said:

I haven't made the final payment yet, and to be fair price will only be one factor. I will probably call, but I was just curious as to how others may have faired.

You should be able to get any price drops as a reduction in price if you haven't paid your final payment yet. As you said, if they give you grief about that, then just cancel and re-book if you need to.  Or cancel and wait and see because I think prices will drop a whole lot more after  final payment at this point.

I am also going to look at what promotions are being offered. On my booking I got the free at sea package, which does save me some money although since DW doesn't drink not as much as it saves others. 

17 hours ago, Joken35 said:

I have gotten that 25%  as OBC 3x in the past year, as did other passengers I sailed with.

And you think this is a fixed exception forever???     No way, am I making that assumption.    

I'd speculate there will be changes with future sailings.    And actually NCL would be smart to stick to their terms.     

Well this may be a sign of things turning around, but as I have been watching prices on my cruise they are working their way back up. Not good from a price drop perspective but good from a general cruising perspective.

The close to $600 difference I saw last week is down to around $300 now.