Carnival Breeze Room Suggestions

AshleyR223

Hi All!

My family and I are booked for a 6 day cruise on the Breeze in April 2021. This will be my 4th cruise (2nd on Carnvial), my husband's 2nd, and my daughters' (who will be 7 and 11) 1st. We are super excited! We originally booked an interior spa cabin as we liked the location and additional amenities with $50 OBC. However, now we are thinking maybe we should have gone with a balcony. I do really like the idea of the window and having our own spot to sit outside and watch the water. We have only ever done regular interior rooms, so either way will be an upgrade and new experience. 

I have been looking around and we can switch to a cove balcony for about $200 more or a regular balcony for about $300 more. The spa balconies are about $500 more and that to us isn't worth it. But 2-3 isnt bad. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for what types of balcony rooms (or Spa interiors) on this particular ship they like better? Certain decks or locations you enjoyed or would avoid in the future? Family friendly or no?

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by AshleyR223

Hi All!
My family and I are booked for a 6 day cruise on the Breeze in April 2021. This will be my 4th cruise (2nd on Carnvial), my husband's 2nd, and my daughters' (who will be 7 and 11) 1st. We are super excited! We originally booked an interior spa cabin as we liked the location and additional amenities with $50 OBC. However, now we are thinking maybe we should have gone with a balcony. I do really like the idea of the window and having our own spot to sit outside and watch the water. We have only ever done regular interior rooms, so either way will be an upgrade and new experience. 
I have been looking around and we can switch to a cove balcony for about $200 more or a regular balcony for about $300 more. The spa balconies are about $500 more than that to us isn't worth it. But 2-3 is bad. 
Does anyone have any suggestions for what types of balcony rooms (or Spa interiors) on this particular ship they like better? Certain decks or locations you enjoyed or would avoid in the future? Family friendly or no?
Thanks in advance! 

Suggest you get a balcony room sandwiched between upper and lower decks of staterooms. Mid ship is our preference.

These are the quietest staterooms, no noise sources above/below you unless your neighbors are rowdy/amorous.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

Cove balconies seemed all the rage because they are only on this class of carnival ship. People love the novelty of being down close to the water. I've seen pricing where coves cost more than higher up balconies.

They can be shut if really high waves

• Like 1

Hi Ashley! Welcome to cruise critic Carnival forum! As far as balconies go, I'd choose the cove balcony in a heartbeat. You are very close to the water, able to see the flying fish, and dolphins jumping out of the water. It's beautiful! With a cove, you don't get the sun in your eyes, you are sheltered from the rain, and you get a good look at the beautiful cobalt blue water. Here's a few pics from our cove balcony during our cruise on the Dream last July. Just be aware that the galley might be above you, and it can get quite noisy at 2 & 3 am, so choose carefully.

20190727_165809.jpg

20190727_213351.jpg

20190728_145048.jpg

20190729_164325.jpg

• Like 1

Since our third cruise we have always chosen balcony cabins.  For us, it is definitely worth it.  As someone else has said, we always choose a mid-ship room with cabins above and below.  We made the mistake of booking  a pack and go rate one time and got a room on deck 6 above the promenade deck. It was horribly loud late at night.  On our Breeze cruises we always choose a balcony room on deck 7 mid-ship.

• Like 2

I have not had a spa interior stateroom before, but I have had interiors at midship and forward from the first deck to 11th deck and balconies all at mid-ship and two or three decks below lido deck. If my choice is to cruise and have an interior or not cruise at all, or simply to save money, definitely go for the interior.  And, while it is a personal preference, we prefer the balcony and its hard for some people to go back to an interior once they have tried a balcony.

We love balconies and spend a lot of time enjoying the view and relaxing from the balcony. We even enjoy bring breakfast, lunch and snacks on the balcony. As previously mentioned, our balconies have always been at midship. They say its a smoother sailing then the forward or aft, but for me its more about the convenience to all activities.  We also prefer the deck one or two decks below the lido deck (which differs from ship to ship), again, just for convenience of everything, but also because you are able to see more the higher your cabin.

The first two below videos are of our our balcony stateroom 8296 with the second showing more of the balcony as we leave Belize. The last two videos are for family fun activities...going down the water slides on Carnival Breeze. Enjoy.

On 4/30/2020 at 5:08 PM, Joe817 said:

Hi Ashley! Welcome to cruise critic Carnival forum! As far as balconies go, I'd choose the cove balcony in a heartbeat. You are very close to the water, able to see the flying fish, and dolphins jumping out of the water. It's beautiful! With a cove, you don't get the sun in your eyes, you are sheltered from the rain, and you get a good look at the beautiful cobalt blue water. Here's a few pics from our cove balcony during our cruise on the Dream last July. Just be aware that the galley might be above you, and it can get quite noisy at 2 & 3 am, so choose carefully.

20190727_165809.jpg

20190727_213351.jpg

20190728_145048.jpg

20190729_164325.jpg

How much movement do you feel from the ship in this location?  I'm trying to talk DH into booking one.

1 minute ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

How much movement do you feel from the ship in this location?  I'm trying to talk DH into booking one.

Almost none at all. As far as I could tell, we were in the middle, maybe slightly forward of the middle, of the ship. Our cabin number was 2375. Perfect location to get to the MDR. Honestly, I was slightly disappointed that we didn't notice more movement. I would have loved to fall asleep to the gentle rolling of the ship. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Almost none at all. As far as I could tell, we were in the middle, maybe slightly forward of the middle, of the ship. Our cabin number was 2375. Perfect location to get to the MDR. Honestly, I was slightly disappointed that we didn't notice more movement. I would have loved to fall asleep to the gentle rolling of the ship. 

Thank You!!  

That's a tough choice. I'm guessing your current stateroom is on deck 11.

Advantages: Camp Ocean is also on deck 11, Lido Deck is one deck down. Serenity Deck (adults) is 3 decks up. Included Spa privileges (adults) including the thalassotherapy pool are awesome. Real sized showers are available in the gym and spa. Definite advantage when 4 people are trying to get ready (even if all you do is kick dad out).

Guessing your girls will not be spending a lot of time in the stateroom and a lot of time at Camp Ocean. Definitely put the FREE "Carnival Hub" app on all your cell phones (only works onboard the ship). Pay the optional $5 and be able to use the chat feature to keep in touch with your girls. With the Serenity Deck so close, you may not miss not having a balcony. Important to note if you do spring for a Spa Balcony - the ones on deck 12 have no cover (roof) so it's full sun all the time.

Hmmm...not sure girls 7 & 11 will be carrying cellphones for chat...  I have a different suggestion.  Your balcony will not have space for four, might be tight with three.  How about looking into the Deluxe Oceanview cabins?  They are the same size a regular OV cabins, but have a split bathroom.  Main bath has the usual toilet, sink, shower.  the second has a small tub/shower and a second sink.  To make space for the second partial bath, you get another section of closet.  You would still have the sofabed and upper above it.  EM

Thank you everyone for your great input and suggestions! We watched a bunch of room tour videos and decided to go ahead and give the balcony a try. We ended up choosing deck 7 (thank you for the idea about being sandwiched between other room only areas of the ship!) and decided on a room a couple down from the very back of the ship. Even if we feel more movement, we love the look of the views from back there and there is not much directly above or below. Plus we will be very near camp ocean. 

We are hoping our next cruise to try a cove balcony. I will miss the spa area though! I bought a pass on my last cruise on the Horizon and utilized the showers and sauna a lot. And it is true that it would make showering  with the 4 of us easier! I don't think I will splurge on this one though in addition to the balcony. 

We will definitely be utilizing the hub app, thank you! Our 11 year MAY have a phone by then. She is very responsible and mature for her age, but we'll see. We were contemplating walkie talkies as I'd seen that suggest somewhere. 

You can just get her a "burner" phone at WalMart, etc. Just make sure it can download apps from Google Play. Then when you think she is ready - you can control her minutes as she gains responsibility until you think she is ready for a full blown phone.

Another option is if you have an older smart phone that she could use just on the ship. She just needs the wifi on an older smart phone to be able to use the Carnival Hub App with the chat feature. She doesn't need to be signed up with a carrier. Older unused cell phones still work, they just can't make calls or send texts without a carrier (Verizon, Sprint, etc.). But an older phone is still useful when connected to wifi for using apps, playing music, streaming music to a bluetooth speaker, and the camera still works. Just make sure the battery is still good. And all cell phones work for calling 911 (24/7).

The same applies to Apple products I'm sure. I'm just not an Apple person.

If you do decide to go with an old (and no longer used) smart phone, make sure it is clean of any old texts, contact lists, pictures, etc., should she accidentally misplace the phone on the ship. Any 11 year old is easily distracted.

Edited by SDPadreFan

2 hours ago, SDPadreFan said:

You can just get her a "burner" phone at WalMart, etc. Just make sure it can download apps from Google Play. Then when you think she is ready - you can control her minutes as she gains responsibility until you think she is ready for a full blown phone.

Another option is if you have an older smart phone that she could use just on the ship. She just needs the wifi on an older smart phone to be able to use the Carnival Hub App with the chat feature. She doesn't need to be signed up with a carrier. Older unused cell phones still work, they just can't make calls or send texts without a carrier (Verizon, Sprint, etc.). But an older phone is still useful when connected to wifi for using apps, playing music, streaming music to a bluetooth speaker, and the camera still works. Just make sure the battery is still good. And all cell phones work for calling 911 (24/7).

The same applies to Apple products I'm sure. I'm just not an Apple person.

If you do decide to go with an old (and no longer used) smart phone, make sure it is clean of any old texts, contact lists, pictures, etc., should she accidentally misplace the phone on the ship. Any 11 year old is easily distracted.

Thank you. We do this with her already. 

19 hours ago, AshleyR223 said:

We are hoping our next cruise to try a cove balcony. I will miss the spa area though! I bought a pass on my last cruise on the Horizon and utilized the showers and sauna a lot. And it is true that it would make showering  with the 4 of us easier! I don't think I will splurge on this one though in addition to the balcony. 

You don't need a spa pass to utilize the gym and showers.  These areas are free to use.