New to Oceania, Tell All Please

Jimbo

40 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Perhaps that sh

Perhaps that should have been a question? Imagine we will not be using the Aquamar Terrace too much on a transpacific. Is it worth it for the reservations for restaurants... and the washing? Deck Seven looks well cushioned between accomodation decks.

After doing several 20+ day cruises on R ships I discovered that after the first 4 or 5 days that it was  easy to book almost any restaurant and venue.    People on short 7-10 day cruises have more of a problem.  However,  on a  almost 30 day cruise, trans-pacific, you will find wide open options as people get tired of specialties and opt for a more varied menu in the main dining room. .    Do not get all wound up with pre cruise stress       

.      I  opt now for inside cabins on long cruises as it gets me out of the cabin and socially active on these wonderful ships..  I discovered that location is king...     Like for me, being close to the foward elevator. 

Here you can zip up or down     Getting a inside on deck 8 , on the same deck as the Pent Houses, proved wonderful.. zip up to the pool deck feet away...or horizons... or down to the show...   Location Location location  Insides on deck 8 foward.    In a transpacific sail do not expect a view much of the time like for 50-70% of the cruise except for the thin blue line on the horizon.    Another, factor on tropic cruises is air condition cooling...  Outside temps and humidity can be high and thus outside cabins can get a lot of "heat" sink in the steel around them making them less than cool  even with the AC punched up .    All while the inside cabins remain wonderful .

Thats my experience.... consider it as to your taste.   Sailing on the EPIC  is nothing like Regatta.  You will find a very different low key oasis with 80% less people and 100% less problems

There is NO difference in Concierge cabin comfort and regular Veranda's in my experience.     

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

After doing several 20+ day cruises on R ships I discovered that after the first 4 or 5 days that it was  easy to book almost any restaurant and venue.    People on short 7-10 day cruises have more of a problem.  However,  on a  almost 30 day cruise, trans-pacific, you will find wide open options as people get tired of specialties and opt for a more varied menu in the main dining room. .    Do not get all wound up with pre cruise stress       

.      I  opt now for inside cabins on long cruises as it gets me out of the cabin and socially active on these wonderful ships..  I discovered that location is king...     Like for me, being close to the foward elevator. 

Here you can zip up or down     Getting a inside on deck 8 , on the same deck as the Pent Houses, proved wonderful.. zip up to the pool deck feet away...or horizons... or down to the show...   Location Location location  Insides on deck 8 foward.    In a transpacific sail do not expect a view much of the time like for 50-70% of the cruise except for the thin blue line on the horizon.    Another, factor on tropic cruises is air condition cooling...  Outside temps and humidity can be high and thus outside cabins can get a lot of "heat" sink in the steel around them making them less than cool  even with the AC punched up .    All while the inside cabins remain wonderful .

Thats my experience.... consider it as to your taste.   Sailing on the EPIC  is nothing like Regatta.  You will find a very different low key oasis with 80% less people and 100% less problems

There is NO difference in Concierge cabin comfort and regular Veranda's in my experience.     

This is pretty much spot on. All very good valid points. Only thing would be to make sure if a person was inclined toward an inside room they will be smaller on the R ships, not so much on O ships. 

As far as the Concierge level goes, you pretty much summed up the advantages on an R ship. Personally I don't tend to book the Concierge level unless it's a real cheap upsell or perhaps to one of the ones aft with the larger balcony on the R ships. 3 bags laundry, hot breakfast, early booking of specialties, access to the Spa terrace. That's about the size of it. 

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Avoid 7040 (Inside) on the Oceania R-ships – there is a staff panty directly across the hall with constant noise from carts banging over the metal threshold.

A staff panty huh? I better not go there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1