How does NCL notify you if your cruise is cancelled??

I am booked on the Breakaway in October, 2020 and the way things looks like they are going I was wondering how does NCL notify you.  Do they send you an email to you advising you of this, send you an message on your email account?? or what.   I read about cruises being canceled the the Cruise Critic-NCL board when for the most part where people post that they do not get the full amount back or the extra 15% which is sometimes given.

I did contact my NCL PCC who have have booked my NCL cruises with over the last 17 years with.   She advised me to wait till I get closer to the 120 day cut off and if NCL has not taken any action that I can cancel with out losing any money or getting thing extra such as the 15%.    This is ok with me.  I just do not want to wait 90 120 days or more for the return of my money 

Thank You for any info that anyone can provide.

Sam aka Andy

2 lots of emails 

one to tell you it’s been cancelled

the second to tell how much fcc they have put into your account( one for each passenger) 

With information as to the date you can apply for a refund if you choose that scenario

refund takes 90 days if you the money

No way if of that 

Edited by jannandjohn
  • Like 2

Janandjohn    Thank you for the information.   I really did not see any postings how a person was notified regarding their cruise being cancelled.    I am really looking for this cruise since I had to cancel my cruise last year something that that I had no control over and have been busy with things up until now and can use a cruise.  But I understand and if I have to I can book one  for next year,

Thanks Again

Andy

If you book with a travel agent, all communications from NCL will be sent to them. Not all travel agents do a good job of passing that info to you. make sure you are on top of the travel agent you use

It's a good thing that you have NCL PCC. We do.

It's easier to receive your monies (deposit, CN, pre-payments) back (and sooner than later) if you ask your PCC to cancel the cruise before the final payment due.

OR .... you find another cruise you like and ask your PCC to cancel and rebook on the same reservation! We have done this several times over the years. The CN(s), deposit and any pre-payments get transferred to the new cruise. As long as it's before the final payment due.

My April 19 cruise was cancelled on March 30, I received an email from NCL quoting my reservation number, I saw a post on FB and several threads on CC all confirming the cancellation

On April 3, I received an email stating the amount of FCC (125%), split equally between passengers (cruise was paid for on one credit card)

On April 13, I was able to request a refund for the cancelled cruise and expect to see to see it in July. My credit card company considers 90 days to be reasonable in these extraordinary circumstances - no charge back allowed until then.

I requested a refund of the deposit I paid for a Sept 2020 cruise, on March 24, received that April 28

I personally wouldn't make final payment 120 days in advance of a cruise when they aren't sailing & Ports are closed

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shof515 said:

If you book with a travel agent, all communications from NCL will be sent to them. Not all travel agents do a good job of passing that info to you. make sure you are on top of the travel agent you use

We book with a travel agent and all notification regarding cancellation of our cruises was sent directly to our email addresses from NCL.

15 minutes ago, Katie H said:

We book with a travel agent and all notification regarding cancellation of our cruises was sent directly to our email addresses from NCL.

Same for me.   I got all the notifications to my email.  

F7AB061C-075D-4707-ADEE-46ED10542BD5.jpeg

CAEBE8EF-0811-45B7-83FB-3DE2229EBDF9.jpeg

Edited by Ptroxx

7 hours ago, Sam The Cat said:

I am booked on the Breakaway in October, 2020 and the way things looks like they are going I was wondering how does NCL notify you.  Do they send you an email to you advising you of this, send you an message on your email account?? or what.   I read about cruises being canceled the the Cruise Critic-NCL board when for the most part where people post that they do not get the full amount back or the extra 15% which is sometimes given.

You get a cancellation notification sent directly to you via email. Then each person on the reservation gets an email identifying the FCC and Bonus FCC added to their account. See both below 

image.thumb.png.b7a4b18f7f9b043ffa2053dbead0a529.png

image.png.feb3ec92a6c35915ce467de809c018b6.png

We were booked on the first sailing that NCL canceled due to the pandemic, originally scheduled as the Jade out of HK (then moved to RT Singapore) on 17 February 2020.

NCL ended up notifying foreign TAs first, then USA TAs, and then their PCCs in the call center. I actually found out the cruise was canceled from some UK passengers, and it took several hours of calls to NCL and my TA to get this confirmed (as they hadn't been notified yet). 

Although the sailing was canceled and we received our money back, the promised future cruise credit hasn't show up in my lattitudes account, or my husband's. When I reached out to NCL, the response was "The future cruise credits are for internal viewing only. To use your cruise credits, please contact your travel professional or our reservations department at 1(800) 327-7030 and refer to your identification numbers at the time of booking."

It's unclear how much we'll actually have credit-wise when we actually call to book another sailing. Per some passengers on the sailing who have already rebooked, it ended up being more than the percentage quoted. 

I use a TA, and she sent me a personal email letting me know what was going on (cancellations), as well as sending me the NCL communications.  Plus, NCL sent the notifications directly to me.  So, I got a bunch of notifications.

3 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

We were booked on the first sailing that NCL canceled due to the pandemic, originally scheduled as the Jade out of HK (then moved to RT Singapore) on 17 February 2020.

NCL ended up notifying foreign TAs first, then USA TAs, and then their PCCs in the call center. I actually found out the cruise was canceled from some UK passengers, and it took several hours of calls to NCL and my TA to get this confirmed (as they hadn't been notified yet). 

Although the sailing was canceled and we received our money back, the promised future cruise credit hasn't show up in my lattitudes account, or my husband's. When I reached out to NCL, the response was "The future cruise credits are for internal viewing only. To use your cruise credits, please contact your travel professional or our reservations department at 1(800) 327-7030 and refer to your identification numbers at the time of booking."

It's unclear how much we'll actually have credit-wise when we actually call to book another sailing. Per some passengers on the sailing who have already rebooked, it ended up being more than the percentage quoted. 

Wait.  You received your money back. And still expecting fcc?   How does that work.   

Again I would like to thank all of you for your input.   I guess I will have to check my emails more often than I do   I know if the NCL PCC has to contact me she will.   I will  not be deserting NCL as it has been my line for over the last 14 years sailing on The Big Red Boat and Carnival.   I still really like NCL and never found any problems that maybe a drink or a good dessert could not help

Andy

Edited by Sam The Cat
spelling of my name

Besides what everyone already said, for my ncl cancelled cruise on April they actually also called me to let me know. I was already aware it was going to be canceled from what I read on this forum.

19 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

Wait.  You received your money back. And still expecting fcc?   How does that work.   

Long story, but briefly: 

1. Cruise scheduled to embark in Hong Kong, disembark in Singapore. 
  2. HK sees massive spike in COVID-19 cases in January; Royal and Celebrity pull out of the port immediately. 
  3. NCL maintains the voyage is scheduled as planned from HK, everyone is like "wha?"
  4. HK closes the cruise port 11 days before departure. 
  5. NCL changes voyage to RT Singapore. 
  6. NCL notifies everyone on the voyage that they will pay flight changes and fare differences to reroute from HK to Singapore.
  7. NCL also says that they will refund 10% of the cruise fare, and offer a 25% FCC for the hassle.
  8. Everyone changes their flights to arrive in Singapore, with most passengers assuming hundreds if not thousands in additional fees and fare changes. 
  9. Three days before departure, NCL cancels the voyage outright. (This especially stinks for the hundreds of people who have already started en route to Singapore). 
  10. NCL does nothing for the stranded passengers. 
  11. NCL sends a new letter saying the prior offer is void. They now refund the entire cruise fare, but will only cover $300 per person in fare changes or flight cancelation fees and offer a 25% future cruise credit. 
  12. Passengers loose their minds, as nearly everyone has spent well more than $300 changing an international flight a week out, and most are totally screwed over by NCL.

That is how you both get your money back, and have mysterious FCC floating around in the NCL booking system (visible only to them).