Scenario Question on our Upcoming Cruise

The  ONLY"what if" I have to ask - 

- What if, the cruise out of Amsterdam we're on for June 22nd, is still on, then the State Dept says NO to ALL Americans traveling abroad? Or, if the Schenigen countries/EU say no to Americans entering? Does the cruise line give us a full refund, or do they say "sorry for your luck"?

Good reason to ask this because the cruise is still on, far as we can see - but, we have not yet made flight arrangements....one can clearly understand why.

I think the problem isnt flying there, it's getting back here.

But I agree with above post it's going to get cancelled. I really think carnival is hinting.  You cant book any cruises until August, and then in august only from 4 ports. I think those 4 ports might be a go if they can. Galveston and 2 ports in florida and another. Anything before then you cant upgrade, change cabins, frozen. I think those before august will get cancelled. It's a pretty big hint at least of what carnival plans anyway and the 2 seem to follow each other. Coincidentally the 100 day cdc order expires by then too.

My guess from above is a few cruises going in august to see how things go... but not until then. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, johnjen said:

The  ONLY"what if" I have to ask - 

- What if, the cruise out of Amsterdam we're on for June 22nd, is still on, then the State Dept says NO to ALL Americans traveling abroad? Or, if the Schenigen countries/EU say no to Americans entering? Does the cruise line give us a full refund, or do they say "sorry for your luck"?

Good reason to ask this because the cruise is still on, far as we can see - but, we have not yet made flight arrangements....one can clearly understand why.

If the cruise goes you are covered under the Cruise with Confidence policy That allows you to cancel up to 72 hours in advance and get a FCC for 100% of your cruise fare. 

like MM said, the cruise will be cancelled. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

RC will cancel that cruise.  Soon.

In a sense, we hope that they do because we do not want FCC. And, as it turns out right now, Americans are not allowed to fly to Holland at all but that could change any time. So, if that restriction to fly there remains in place and let's say the cruise is on, I would HOPE that the cruise line gives us a full refund.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If the cruise goes you are covered under the Cruise with Confidence policy That allows you to cancel up to 72 hours in advance and get a FCC for 100% of your cruise fare. 

like MM said, the cruise will be cancelled. 

and definitely we do NOT want that FCC over the nightmares we have read on it. We just want the refund!