Posts Not Adding?

Post count does matter.............I was just reminded the other day when I asked a question.........."You know you have close to 7000 posts you really should not be asking that question?"

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Post count does matter.............I was just reminded the other day when I asked a question.........."You know you have close to 7000 posts you really should not be asking that question?"

eh...what did they know....they should not have made that lame comment to you at all.  Their problem.  😉 

@CC Help Michell Thanks for moving this thread to a more correct forum!

FYI to all:

Prior to the October 2018 change from vBulletin software to Invision software:

"Junior Member" = 0 posts

"Cool Cruiser" = 1 - 2999 posts

"Blue Ribbon Cruiser" = 3000 - 4999 posts

"5,000+ Club" = 5000 - 9999 posts

"10,000+ Club" = 10000 - 19999 posts

"20,000+ Club" = 20000 - 29999 posts

"30,000+ Club" = 30000 - 39999 posts

"40,000+ Club" = 40000 - 49999 posts

"50,000+ Club" = 50000 - 59999 posts

"60,000+ Club" = 60000 - 69999 posts

"70,000+ Club" = 70000 - 79999 posts

"80,000+ Club" = 80000 - 89999 posts

"90,000+ Club" = 90000 - 99999 posts

"100,000+ Club" = 100000 or more posts

Note the "Blue Ribbon Cruiser" has changed to "3,000+ Club" since the Blue Ribbon logo for Cruise Critic is no more.

Junior Member" = 0 posts

"Cool Cruiser" = 1 - 2999 posts

"3,000+ Club" = 3000 - 4999 posts

"5,000+ Club" = 5000 - 9999 posts

"10,000+ Club" = 10000 - 19999 posts

"20,000+ Club" = 20000 - 29999 posts

"30,000+ Club" = 30000 - 39999 posts

"40,000+ Club" = 40000 - 49999 posts

"50,000+ Club" = 50000 - 59999 posts

"60,000+ Club" = 60000 - 69999 posts

"70,000+ Club" = 70000 - 79999 posts

"80,000+ Club" = 80000 - 89999 posts

"90,000+ Club" = 90000 - 99999 posts

For those that want to discuss the post counts going away entirely or the Floataway Lounge posts going into the post counts, you should not post on the boards about it but send an email to the Community Manager LauraS instead. Also any discussion of the management of this Cruise Critic community, including post removals, member suspensions, or any other rule of participation, is not allowed either and should also be in an email to LauraS.

Please note the following from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com..."

As stated above, you must contact the Community Manager via email with any suggestions, questions, comments or feedback regarding anything on the Cruise Critic message boards. Please send your email to LauraS at community@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. 

For any conspiracy theorists out there regarding post counts & cancelled cruise refunds, please note the Do you sell cruises; are you sponsored by the cruise lines; do the cruise lines pay you to say good things about them? section in the Guidelines.

As someone mentioned not knowing how the Report post feature works, please note the following from the Guidelines: "... We encourage you to utilize the reporting system built into the board system; you'll find a Report a Post icon located in the upper right hand corner of the posting. Use it! We will review the report and take appropriate action..."

If you see any posts or threads on any Cruise Critic message board forum that are off-topic or violate the Guidelines, just click the Report post feature in the upper right corner on the post you want to report so the Report post screen will open. If it is a whole thread that needs to be reported, click the Report post feature on the first post in the thread. If at first you cannot see the Report post feature, roll your mouse over the upper right corner in the post # area and it will appear.

Type your message reporting the off-topic post or thread or any Guideline violating posts or threads into the Report post text box where it says, "Optionally enter a message with your report." When done with your message, click Submit Report. Your part is done at that point. Do not quote or reply to the reported post in the thread. Your reply post as well as any other posts or quotes concerning the reported off-topic post or thread will be moved to the correct forum or hidden from sight. Any Guideline violating posts and replies to or quotes of will be completely removed from sight. Basically, the whole Guideline violating coonversation will be hidden.

A Report post report will be generated for review to all volunteer Hosts/Moderators and paid Staff/Administrators. The report will automatically show the important information they MUST have such as the forum name, thread title & post in addition to your message.

The volunteer Hosts/Moderators or paid Staff/Administrators will review your Report post report when they can. I say "when they can" because all e-mails and Report post reports to Cruise Critic are answered in order of receipt. With over a million and a half members sending e-mails and reports 24/7 from all over the world, please be patient for any action. Also please remember the Hosts/Moderators are non-paid volunteers and work the boards when their real life permits. Most paid Staff/Administrators work regular weekday business hours.

And while I'm here, please note all test posts should be posted in the TEST FORUM and not in any other forums or threads.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful to those not aware and glad to have you all aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Thanks 1