3 NCL Ships to Norfolk, VA

bay guy

Three NCL ships will be docked in Norfolk, Virginia, until at least the end of June. My understanding is that each ship has a minimal number of crew members on board in order to just maintain the ship systems.

I'm not sure of the names of the ships but I just saw the first one entering the shipping channel into the Norfolk harbor. I'm sure the crews will be treated well by local officials and citizens and I hope this may lead to NCL originating cruises from our port in the future.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bay guy said:

Three NCL ships will be docked in Norfolk, Virginia, until at least the end of June. My understanding is that each ship has a minimal number of crew members on board in order to just maintain the ship systems.

I'm not sure of the names of the ships but I just saw the first one entering the shipping channel into the Norfolk harbor. I'm sure the crews will be treated well by local officials and citizens and I hope this may lead to NCL originating cruises from our port in the future.

Beautiful area that I was lucky enough to visit for a conference about 15 years ago.  I would love to cruise out of Norfolk if it was a possibility😎

• Like 1

Just a 2.5 hour drive from my door for me, if they put an NCL ship there I will for sure jump on.  Looks like just a parking spot for now of course, but it could be Norfolk showing that they could handle the NCL ships as a look to future port use.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toocruisin2 said:

Interesting; we're booked on Encore in August out of NYC and I'm wondering whether NCL would think about originating the cruise out of VA if NYC won't be ready? 

Same here, August 9 for me. I could drive to Norfolk from NJ.

The Bliss is supposed to cruise on July 5 from Seattle to Alaska.   If they actually plan to keep her there until the end of June she would have a hard time making it to Seattle in 5 days.  

I think NCL will be doing more cruises out of US ports.  Close to 'home' ports in case they need to bring the ship back home quickly.  We all saw what happened  when Princess wasn't able to dock anywhere & wound up stuck at sea.