Extending Peace of Mind?

Hey folks,

So right now NCL's Peace of Mind policy applies to cruises sailing until Sept 30th.  At the end of this month, October's cruises are going to start reaching final payment.

Does anybody have any insight as to if Norwegian will be extending their Peace of Mind policy to cruises in October/November/December?  Definitely something we're thinking about as final payment draws closer.

Thanks!

My cruises are booked using Cruise Next certificates.  While I can't get the money back for those, I can use them to re-book for a cruise a year or two away.  No extra money out of my pocket to do that and hope NCL makes it through all of this.  

If NCL want people to pay up for cruises for the rest of this year so they get some income then they should put "Peace of Mind" into effect for the rest of this year and, maybe, even into next year.

• Like 3

I agree that they should extend the period of time for POM.... peace of mind not port of Miami... 

If they're going to do that, I'd like them to do it until the end of April, 2021, please.  That way, I can carry my FCCs over to 2023 maybe. LOL... no way will that happen.  Dream on... but we can hope. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

I have a cruise booked for Jan 2021.  As of yesterday I’d planned to make final payment in August only if Peace of Mind was extended to cover us, given the concerns with a second wave this winter.  But now with the going out of business chatter, I’m not sure we won’t just cancel and sit tight for a while. I’ll wait until closer to final payment to decide, but without Peace of Mind, we will definitely cancel.    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lbicklel said:

I have a cruise booked for Jan 2021.  As of yesterday I’d planned to make final payment in August only if Peace of Mind was extended to cover us, given the concerns with a second wave this winter.  But now with the going out of business chatter, I’m not sure we won’t just cancel and sit tight for a while. I’ll wait until closer to final payment to decide, but without Peace of Mind, we will definitely cancel.    

Same here for my Nov 29 cruise with Aug 1 full payment date.  Without some protection, I am not paying in full and cancelling.  Not to mention embarkation is in NYC, so the itinerary is questionable also.