Time for NCLH financial-related posts?

4 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

Thanks Pcardad for the reassurance.  I am dropping the worry for now,

Remember this guy makes his money off Regent bookings. I would take his opinions with a grain of salt. There is definitely a conflict of interest. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

Remember this guy makes his money off Regent bookings. I would take his opinions with a grain of salt. There is definitely a conflict of interest. 

Yep, all of a sudden we have a new in house expert

• Like 3

Guys, in my opinion, you are not being fair. He is  honest about being a TA while some other posters are TA's and keep it a secret.   He shares information that we are not privy to and he shares what he can (and, the posts are factual........if he isn't 100%.certsin, he lets us know).   I am thrilled have him on our board!😊

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Guys, in my opinion, you are not being fair. He is  honest about being a TA while some other posters are TA's and keep it a secret.   He shares information that we are not privy to and he shares what he can (and, the posts are factual........if he isn't 100%.certsin, he lets us know).   I am thrilled have him on our board!😊

I do give him credit for being upfront about being a TA. I also feel that he has a conflict of interest given that he is making an income (and other travel benefits) from Regent. Repeating what the Regent sources are saying doesn't make it factual. Regent is in spin mode as are all other cruise lines. They have to focus on the few positives in this era of troubling financial concerns. In addition, calling people childish names and suggesting that some people don't have a sense of humor takes away some of the credibility. It's just my opinion, everyone has one. I know you disagree and I respect that.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

I do give him credit for being upfront about being a TA. I also feel that he has a conflict of interest given that he is making an income (and other travel benefits) from Regent. Repeating what the Regent sources are saying doesn't make it factual. Regent is in spin mode as are all other cruise lines. They have to focus on the few positives in this era of troubling financial concerns. In addition, calling people childish names and suggesting that some people don't have a sense of humor takes away some of the credibility. It's just my opinion, everyone has one. I know you disagree and I respect that.

Lets clarify since your obvious obsession with me is leading you down the wrong path.

I derive very little  income from Regent (well under 5% of my income). I had over 400 nights with Regent as a client before adding TA to my jobs on Jan 1 of 2020. I sold a business in my mid 30's and do not need to work. My primary job, aside from investments, is a specialty service that meets the needs of a small group of people who like to travel and I provide services your TA's do not. I am neither able nor willing to take business off the street. Believe me or not, it doesn't impact me at all. 

And some of you have no sense of humor at all...that's a fact. Perhaps it's just the age difference.

Edited by Pcardad

Looking at the financial headlines this morning for NCLH, it appears that the underwriters of the bonds and stock offerings are exercising the 'greenshoe / over allotment" option, thereby increasing the amount that NCLH is raising.  I'll defer to our more seasoned posters on this subject, but to me it sounds like good news and a vote of confidence for NCLH.

• Like 1

MIAMI, May 07, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH) (the “Company”) announced today that, in connection with its previously announced public offering of 36,363,636 ordinary shares of the Company at a price to the public of $11.00 per share, the underwriters have notified the Company of their intent to purchase an additional 5,454,545 ordinary shares pursuant to the full exercise of their option to acquire additional ordinary shares (the “Option Shares”). The Company will issue an aggregate amount of 41,818,181 ordinary shares in the offering, including the Option Shares.

6 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Additional 5+M shares of stock...dilutes ownership but raises more money.

Only own 100 shares, primarily for the OBC offering.  Not too worried about my small stake, though it has lost 80% of its value since this all started.  Ouch.  I just hope they will retain the OBC benefit, at least for Regent and O.

Very recent, brief, analysis about the volatility in NCLH of late.  As I mentioned, and I think most of us know, there's often profit to be found in either the rise or fall of industries.  And one thing that's fascinating about the stock market is indeed the puzzle quality, as mentioned in an excerpt from the link below.   As I mentioned, due to my career background, there was always a laser focus on independence. While that deprives me of the joys, or sorrows, of watching individually owned stocks bounce around over years, it probably has helped my blood pressure overall as well.

What is Implied Volatility?

Implied volatility shows how much movement the market is expecting in the future. Options with high levels of implied volatility suggest that investors in the underlying stocks are expecting a big move in one direction or the other. It could also mean there is an event coming up soon that may cause a big rally or a huge sell-off. However, implied volatility is only one piece of the puzzle when putting together an options trading strategy.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/implied-volatility-surging-for-norwegian-cruise-line-nclh-stock-options-2020-05-07

And I admit I'm losing track - I thought CCL and RCL announced their next round of cancellations/'reschedulings' over the last few days.  Has NCLH done that yet?  Maybe I got lost in all the press releases on the financial moves.

Then again, Disney announced some info on the phased reopening of Disney Shanghai.  This is just sentiment, but I do tend to watch Disney and how they're proceeding when I want glimmers of tempered hope for the future.

EXCLUSIVE-Norwegian Cruise Line has enough cash for 18 months of no revenue -CEO

12:41 PM ET, 05/07/2020 - Reuters

NEW YORK, May 7 (Reuters) - Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd's $3.5 billion in cash on hand will be enough to bankroll the company for "at least 18 months" without any new revenue, Chief Executive Frank Del Rio said on Thursday.

"That's enough to cover our cash burn under a zero-revenue environment for at least 18 months, not 12, 18 months," Del Rio told Reuters in a phone interview.

"So unless you want to make the case that this pandemic is going to close us down more than a year and a half into almost 2022, we believe the company is in a great financial position, has all the cash and liquidity needed to survive a prolonged lay-up and be in a position to come out strong," he added.

The comments come a day after Norwegian completed a $2.4 billion fundraising through debt and equity offerings, giving the idled cruise operator needed funds to survive extended voyage suspensions due to the coronavirus pandemic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

EXCLUSIVE-Norwegian Cruise Line has enough cash for 18 months of no revenue -CEO

NEW YORK, May 7 (Reuters) - Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd's $3.5 billion in cash on hand will be enough to bankroll the company for "at least 18 months" without any new revenue, Chief Executive Frank Del Rio said on Thursday.

"That's enough to cover our cash burn under a zero-revenue environment for at least 18 months, not 12, 18 months," Del Rio told Reuters in a phone interview.

"So unless you want to make the case that this pandemic is going to close us down more than a year and a half into almost 2022, we believe the company is in a great financial position, has all the cash and liquidity needed to survive a prolonged lay-up and be in a position to come out strong," he added.

The comments come a day after Norwegian completed a $2.4 billion fundraising through debt and equity offerings, giving the idled cruise operator needed funds to survive extended voyage suspensions due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Great news!

If the economic issues would continue as today,  for 12-18 months, Regent becomes unimportant because we will be in the worst depression the world has ever seen. It will be over......

sheila

14 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Leaving aside the financial implications of this statement, my reading of these comments is that Regent/NCLH clearly now expect and have planned for, financially speaking, “a prolonged lay off” - let us say until the back end of this year at least as per Carnival, HAL, Seabourn and Princess - for the majority, if not all, of their operations

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Belfast Taxman said:

Leaving aside the financial implications of this statement, my reading of these comments is that Regent/NCLH clearly now expect and have planned for, financially speaking, “a prolonged lay off” - let us say until the back end of this year at least as per Carnival, HAL, Seabourn and Princess - for the majority, if not all, of their operations

Agree to a point.  Carnival (not HAL or Princess - not sure about Seabourn) may be amongst the first cruise lines to resume sailing (I believe it is the beginning of August).  From reading the Silversea board, it appears that they are attempting to finalize safety issues and want to return to cruising as soon as it is safe to do so.  

1 minute ago, Travelcat2 said:

Agree to a point.  Carnival (not HAL or Princess - not sure about Seabourn) may be amongst the first cruise lines to resume sailing (I believe it is the beginning of August).  From reading the Silversea board, it appears that they are attempting to finalize safety issues and want to return to cruising as soon as it is safe to do so.  

Jackie - re Carnival my understanding is there are plans for very limited sailings from Galveston, Miami and Fort Lauderdale in the Caribbean only from mid August for a limited period to see how things go. Furthermore these cruises are as I understand it only available to US resident citizens. certainly I, as a UK citizen, would not be able to get to these proposed starting locations as things currently stand

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Belfast Taxman said:

Jackie - re Carnival my understanding is there are plans for very limited sailings from Galveston, Miami and Fort Lauderdale in the Caribbean only from mid August for a limited period to see how things go. Furthermore these cruises are as I understand it only available to US resident citizens. certainly I, as a UK citizen, would not be able to get to these proposed starting locations as things currently stand

Thank you for that information.  I was aware that they were local cruises but did not know that it was for U.S. citizens only.  I am still hopeful that there are some flights into and out of the U.K. in August.  Time will tell.

I don't know that any 'official' word has come out.  I don't think I've read the CDC has signed off on anything.  But on other forums it has been mentioned that Carnival was looking at shorter cruises, perhaps even limited to local state residents, at the very beginning.  From a contact tracing/health care standpoint, I could see that.