I'm sad

12 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

There are message boards on CC as well as other Forums where I participate that provide a more pleasant conversation during these times.

You are very positive.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Himself said:

I am frustrated that things are not opening up.  In Illinois the Governor is slow walking any opening up and I think he is politally motivated.  People are dying of cancer and it is being reported as COVIT 19 death.  If the economy is destroyed who can afford to take a cruise? 

I would not be in such a rush. Illinois has the third largest number of cases in the US by state, and infection rates remain high despite declines starting to be seen in other areas.

While you may be right that people cannot afford to cruise if the economy is destroyed, they certainly cannot take a cruise if they die from COVID-19.

P.S.  The cancer deaths thing is not true (and has already been debunked with regards to the same claim being made about flu cases, even gunshot wounds!). If anything, the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths is under-represented due to the lack of availability of testing for many areas.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/social-media-posts-make-baseless-claim-on-covid-19-death-toll/

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I understand the OP's complaints.  So many folks are sad, and this is a sad time.  I can pass on a little good news, though:  My 3/21/20 cruise was cancelled, I had refunds of  my cancellation plan, port fees, and excursions within two weeks, and as of this past week, my FCC has been applied to my rescheduled cruise for Thanksgiving week.  It looks like it took just over 50 days for my FCC to be applied.  I think most people will have resolution, it's simply going to take time becuase of layoffs and the vast number of people cancelled.

Trying to keep it positive here.  Stay healthy all!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, neuronbob said:

I understand the OP's complaints.  So many folks are sad, and this is a sad time.  I can pass on a little good news, though:  My 3/21/20 cruise was cancelled, I had refunds of  my cancellation plan, port fees, and excursions within two weeks, and as of this past week, my FCC has been applied to my rescheduled cruise for Thanksgiving week.  It looks like it took just over 50 days for my FCC to be applied.  I think most people will have resolution, it's simply going to take time becuase of layoffs and the vast number of people cancelled.

Trying to keep it positive here.  Stay healthy all!

That's good news! We were booked on a cruise that day too. We had cancelled back on 3/7/2020 when they first opened up the possibility of cancellations. PCC says our booking is in the queue to be worked on but no other word. Fingers crossed ours is getting closer to the top of the pile. 🤞

• Like 1