Help! There isn’t a single cruise that meets all the Lift & Shift requirements for me

Update!

I called last night and was able to lift my Southern Caribbean cruise to an Eastern Caribbean in the 4 week window. It was a VERY long telephone call. The rep was very nice. She put me on hold to verify my problem. I believe she verified what could be done with a supervisor. She asked me if the port stops, embarkation port, or ship were important to me. I explained that my main concern was probably the ship. It’s important to my family that the ship has a lot of activities and entertainment (hence why I had booked amplified Freedom) since port stops get skipped and shuffled often. I preferred to stay in the summer also but I didn’t mention that because I was willing to take Freedom in the fall if need be. She put me on hold again and came back with 5 summer options which were all on Liberty, Allure, or Symphony. There were Eastern and Western options. I chose Eastern because the stops required less spending for a large family and I could very well end up doing Western in the winter like I did this year since it stays pretty warm there. She put me on hold again then came back to verify the rooms she found would work for me. She probably put me on hold 2 more times after that and came back only to tell me they were still working on the switch until they finished it quite a while later.

My representative was super nice and although long and worrisome (I kept worrying the call would get dropped or someone would tell her it couldn’t be done after all) it was not overly tedious or painful. I wish every customer service experience could be like this but unfortunately we’re all going to run into some rough calls. I’m going to have to call back soon to see if I can get last years FCC from my shortened hurricane cruise extended.

Also, they said it would take up to 48 for the price adjustment to show and that I would receive an email invoice when it’s finalized. I hope that works out. 

Best of luck to everyone dealing with these cancellations and reschedulings! Thank you for all the help and advice!

16 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Update!

I called last night and was able to lift my Southern Caribbean cruise to an Eastern Caribbean in the 4 week window. It was a VERY long telephone call. The rep was very nice. She put me on hold to verify my problem. I believe she verified what could be done with a supervisor. She asked me if the port stops, embarkation port, or ship were important to me. I explained that my main concern was probably the ship. It’s important to my family that the ship has a lot of activities and entertainment (hence why I had booked amplified Freedom) since port stops get skipped and shuffled often. I preferred to stay in the summer also but I didn’t mention that because I was willing to take Freedom in the fall if need be. She put me on hold again and came back with 5 summer options which were all on Liberty, Allure, or Symphony. There were Eastern and Western options. I chose Eastern because the stops required less spending for a large family and I could very well end up doing Western in the winter like I did this year since it stays pretty warm there. She put me on hold again then came back to verify the rooms she found would work for me. She probably put me on hold 2 more times after that and came back only to tell me they were still working on the switch until they finished it quite a while later.

My representative was super nice and although long and worrisome (I kept worrying the call would get dropped or someone would tell her it couldn’t be done after all) it was not overly tedious or painful. I wish every customer service experience could be like this but unfortunately we’re all going to run into some rough calls. I’m going to have to call back soon to see if I can get last years FCC from my shortened hurricane cruise extended.

Also, they said it would take up to 48 for the price adjustment to show and that I would receive an email invoice when it’s finalized. I hope that works out. 

Best of luck to everyone dealing with these cancellations and reschedulings! Thank you for all the help and advice!

Congrats, glad it worked out.

46 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Update!

I called last night and was able to lift my Southern Caribbean cruise to an Eastern Caribbean in the 4 week window.

Are you booked through a TA? I have a Freedom cruise that I want to L&S but I don't want to put my agent through this hell. I'm all about having my TA work wonders for me, but multiple phone calls, back and forth negotiations, etc, would be much easier if I could talk to Royal directly.

I'm really just curious if anyone with a TA has had luck working directly with Royal on a L&S.  I don't mind setting my phone down on hold for hours to get it done...but I know my TA has multiple clients to sort.

Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Are you booked through a TA? I have a Freedom cruise that I want to L&S but I don't want to put my agent through this hell. I'm all about having my TA work wonders for me, but multiple phone calls, back and forth negotiations, etc, would be much easier if I could talk to Royal directly.

I'm really just curious if anyone with a TA has had luck working directly with Royal on a L&S.  I don't mind setting my phone down on hold for hours to get it done...but I know my TA has multiple clients to sort.

Thoughts?

If you're booked through a TA Royal won't deal with you. You have to go through the TA. FWIW the TA may not have to be on hold as long as you, the customer, might. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, robmtx said:

I have an outside TA & their office has been closed and have a very limited staff working from home and I haven't been able to talk to anyone in person, so I called RCCL and told them I would like to do a L&S and they couldn't do it because, if it is with an outside TA, & the acct is locked, they even checked with their supervisor to double check.  I am so bummed because there are only 2 cabins left in my category that I want to switch to & my TA said it could take up to 3 weeks because they are so backed up and are focusing on the cruises being cancelled now. Also on the other cruise right before it, we are switching from the Adventure to the Freedom next year (which is the Adventures replacement).  On the Adventure, my category was a 6V, on the Freedom it looks like a 4V for the same catagory, will they do that (not sure if they even have a 6V)?

2 minutes ago, bren61 said:

I have an outside TA & their office has been closed and have a very limited staff working from home and I haven't been able to talk to anyone in person, so I called RCCL and told them I would like to do a L&S and they couldn't do it because, if it is with an outside TA, & the acct is locked, they even checked with their supervisor to double check.  I am so bummed because there are only 2 cabins left in my category that I want to switch to & my TA said it could take up to 3 weeks because they are so backed up and are focusing on the cruises being cancelled now. Also on the other cruise right before it, we are switching from the Adventure to the Freedom next year (which is the Adventures replacement).  On the Adventure, my category was a 6V, on the Freedom it looks like a 4V for the same catagory, will they do that (not sure if they even have a 6V)?

Sorry to hear that. Unless you have a special relationship with your TA you may be able to ask to have your reservation switched back to Royal Caribbean or a new TA. I know many TAs are busy, short staffed etc. but to say they can't help you in a time sensitive situation isn't good.