Interesting article/Miami Herald

1 hour ago, npcl said:

Did that answer your question?

On the side of public health I did spend 10 years as a consultant working inside of the  US FDA that did involve working with the CDC and the WHO, as well as Health Canada, the EMEA and the Japanese MHW.

You didn't until you got to that last part.  You have been very opinionated on these matters over the last months and I merely wanted to understand from where your point of view originates. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Oh, and I think disembarking crew during a pandemic while remaining compliant with local authorities and federal regulations very much falls under the heading of "maritime practices" -- but that wasn't really my point.

Edited by Outerdog

43 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

You didn't until you got to that last part.  You have been very opinionated on these matters over the last months and I merely wanted to understand from where your point of view originates. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Oh, and I think disembarking crew during a pandemic while remaining compliant with local authorities and federal regulations very much falls under the heading of "maritime practices" -- but that wasn't really my point.

Normal disembarkation I would agree.  In this case it is a debate over the fairness of of a restriction put on as a part of a health policy.  Not your normal maritime policy.  

In many cases. people on CC tend to be opinionated, otherwise they don't post.

On 5/20/2020 at 4:05 AM, Formula280SS said:

is within that spectrum that I was meriting Floridas' handling of the COVID 19 pandemic, experienced results and phased in re-opening.

That notation was, to bring it back to the original reason it was posted on CruiseCritic, is to infer the positive vibe that FLORIDA WILL LEAD THE WAY TOWARD CRUISING AGAIN.

Yikes.  

Sorry. Gave you too many words. Shorter version:

Cruising will not resume until the CDC says it can.

Florida isn't leading anything in regards to being able to cruise. 

6 hours ago, fshagan said:

Sorry. Gave you too many words. Shorter version:  

Word counts not a challenge for me; I've also previously responded.

Cruising will not resume until the CDC says it can.  

Exactly as was in one of the previous replies.  There is also something published in the FEDERAL REGISTER entitled the NO SAIL ORDER signed by the CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) Director on March 14, 2020 and it was extended on April 9, 2020, effective April 15, 2020 (through July 24, 2020).  The CDC NSO was applicable to cruise ship operations in waters subject to US jurisdiction.

Florida isn't leading anything in regards to being able to cruise.  Every has an opinion.

Again, IMO, Florida will lead the way toward cruising again.  I, for one, believe that is encouraging for all cruisers.  Texas may also be in the mix or not too far behind.  New York and California, will be the last; again IMO.