Refund Received in About Three Weeks

I was shocked when I checked my Bank Of America RCI Credit Card account and saw that we had already recevied our refund for our May 27 Explorer Cruise.

We cancelled and requested the refund on April 26th after spending a week or so considering if we should take the FCC or request a refund after the announcement that our cruise was cancelled. This was a graduation present for our daughter who graduated college on May 16. It was a once in a lifetime cruise for us. We searched for a replacement

cruise and when we couldn't fimd anything that worked we decided to cancel and request the refund.

We've read so may posts about people not receiving refunds for March and April cruises that we were sure it would take 45-60 days or more for our refund.

We had already cancelled all of the extras before the cruise was officially cancelld and received that refund within a couple of weeks.

We haven't compared all the charges to verify if we received everything we paid for or not.

We had used a could of gift/debit cards for some of it so not sure if we got that back yet or not.

Assume that the RCI insurance we purchased is forfeited too but not sure until we compare the numbers.

On 5/17/2020 at 8:35 PM, RBKL said:

I was shocked when I checked my Bank Of America RCI Credit Card account and saw that we had already recevied our refund for our May 27 Explorer Cruise.

We cancelled and requested the refund on April 26th after spending a week or so considering if we should take the FCC or request a refund after the announcement that our cruise was cancelled. This was a graduation present for our daughter who graduated college on May 16. It was a once in a lifetime cruise for us. We searched for a replacement

cruise and when we couldn't fimd anything that worked we decided to cancel and request the refund.

We've read so may posts about people not receiving refunds for March and April cruises that we were sure it would take 45-60 days or more for our refund.

We had already cancelled all of the extras before the cruise was officially cancelld and received that refund within a couple of weeks.

We haven't compared all the charges to verify if we received everything we paid for or not.

We had used a could of gift/debit cards for some of it so not sure if we got that back yet or not.

Assume that the RCI insurance we purchased is forfeited too but not sure until we compare the numbers.

We cancelled our cruise on April 24 and got our refund today ,24 days.

I requested our refund on April 17 and received it on May 15. Much soon than I expected. They had said 40 days. I was just happy to receive it! It is not itemized, but it looks like we got the non refundable deposits back, which I was not sure we would get. 

We would be on the Liberty of the Seas right now if this had not happened. 

To date I have had 3 cruises cancelled by rcl and I received my refunds within 2 to 3 weeks of cancelling.   I keep reading people not receiving their refunds and keep wondering why their refunds are taking so much longer.

The rcl travel protection is not refundable.  I understand that and have no problem with that.  

I recently made a booking for a december cruise and did not yet purchase the insurance.  I figure I will just add it when I know for fact ships are sailing again.  

There was one cruise refund that I was shorted $27 no idea why and the rep i spoke with had no idea either.  I'm not going to worry about $27.  If I get it great if not oh well.

I think I have one excursion still due to me for a canada cruise end of may but I have to double check my credit card refunds.

I called yesterday to reprice a bermuda cruise for october and no hold time.  Call was answered immediately and on and off the phone in 5 minutes or less.   Was able to apply senior discount to my cruise fare and upgrade from OV to a spacious OV balcony and have an additional $162 credit on it's way.  

Overall Rcl has done right by me.

Heres hoping those still waiting since march and april get their refunds soon!

6 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

We were issued FCC's and then changed to a refund request.  Took a total of 15 days from date of request to refund posting to CC.  Great job Royal!!👍

Being inexperienced in this process, trying to learn your situation.  I cancelled a July 5 cruise back on March 30. Had to take the FCC at that point as it was a nonrefundable deposit.  Haven't received FCC yet and would love to get my $1k deposit back as I'll most likely never cruise again, let alone in next two years. Assuming you had a refundable deposit, or you had paid in full for a cruise that was cancelled? Thanks for any advice.

Refunds are slow because they are trying to conserve outflows of cash. I am sure there is a direct correlation of refunds versus reservations. Because of discounts and moving cruise dates, we have a total of 5 refunds. 4 were received within 4-6 weeks. The last is about 4 weeks now. Yes, I would like it back, but the interest on my cc for a month or two is nowhere near the amount of money I made off RCL the last 2 months. 

I requested refunds (no FCC) on two cruises:

I got a partial refund (53%) for my March 29 Harmony 40 days from my request,  I called and I should have the balance this week which will work out to 60 days.

As for my May 17 Harmony cruise, I got a partial refund (93%) today in only 30 days.  

The good news is that refunds are in the works, timing and amounts are all over the place.

Lou

3 hours ago, MaybeOneDay said:

Being inexperienced in this process, trying to learn your situation.  I cancelled a July 5 cruise back on March 30. Had to take the FCC at that point as it was a nonrefundable deposit.  Haven't received FCC yet and would love to get my $1k deposit back as I'll most likely never cruise again, let alone in next two years. Assuming you had a refundable deposit, or you had paid in full for a cruise that was cancelled? Thanks for any advice.

Yes, our cruise was PIF.  It was an April TA.  We did the refund request online on May 1, and refund was posted to cc on May 16.  Not sure about your situation since you canceled before royal canceled your cruise.  Good luck!

• Like 1