Has anyone received their refund from NCL?

We only had a $130 deposit on our cruise. I just assumed the credit would show up on our charge card.   Are we supposed to fill out a refund request and if so where would i find the form?  I did do a "chat" with them but they will not talk to me as we used a TA for booking.

Thanks

gail

We only had a $130 deposit on our cruise. I just assumed the credit would show up on our charge card.   Are we supposed to fill out a refund request and if so where would i find the form?  I did do a "chat" with them but they will not talk to me as we used a TA for booking.
Thanks
gail

Gail -
In your cancelation email there would have been instructions as to how to request your refund via an online form. You should locate that email or contact your TA to see if you have any options or if you’ve missed your window. If you’ve missed your window your only option may be FCC (Future Cruise Credit).

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

18 hours ago, Atlanta07 said:

Gail -
In your cancelation email there would have been instructions as to how to request your refund via an online form. You should locate that email or contact your TA to see if you have any options or if you’ve missed your window. If you’ve missed your window your only option may be FCC (Future Cruise Credit).

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She was talking about her deposit.  She never made final payment.  There would be no need for an online form.  You should be able to call them any time and cancel, and they should refund your deposit hopefully much faster than the 90 day guideline.  Even if a passenger never cancels, if they skip the final payment, the cruise should be cancelled automatically.  But with NCL, there is no telling what they might do.  It's best to get the TA involved ASAP.  

We had a cruise departing March 14. We canceled the cruise and submitted refund form provided by NCL.

CEO Sommer states you can receive a 100% refund. To date nothing but denials. I have written both US Senators and my Congressman.

The cruise industry needs to have more federal oversight for the American traveling public as we have no one to turn to in situations like this. Next stop is credit card dispute process. After that complaints to House of Reps and Senate Subcommittees for Consumer Protection.

On 7/10/2020 at 7:40 AM, poffles said:

I cancelled my DSC and Beverage/Dining pkg on March 10th, subsequent calls/email I got  'oh we didn't actually submit that until March 14th'  'we had a bunch to submit and they were all submitted April 1st'  'shows pending, it could take up to 90 days'  '... it is taking longer than the 90 days ... '   'should be released soon, you should see it by Friday (two weeks ago)'   'it shows released now so you should see it within 24 hours (2 days ago)'.

This refund amount is not earth shattering to me and the responses above are not all from me specifically calling about it but asking while calling about another service (some from an email thread inquiry so I had it in writing) so I have not been pestering but this is ridiculous when you see others from May and such getting their refunds.  I no longer trust what they tell me.  I really want to at the time and I actually do hope THIS TIME maybe ...but just more of the same.  I really do feel bad for them but it is equally frustrating to feel misled.

My FCCs have now been transferred to someone else and I wish them happy sailing with NCL.  Oh and even that was fun, I called to have a future cruise cancelled to get my FCCs back in my account to transfer and I asked the chat agent about this and she suggested 'if it was her' she would call to have it done instead of email ... ugh.  So when the FCCs appeared in my account I followed her advise and called, this agent took all the information and can you guess what happened ... nothing.  Call back, agent says nothing in the system that I even called, nothing shows it being requested ... NOTHING.  So what was the other agent doing during the 20 minutes she was 'taking my information'.  Totally stunned by this.  So I hang up, send email and the FCCs were transferred that same day ... OMG the FCC transfer team has it together!  Guess they want the FCCs in the hands of someone that will use them.

Oh .. and sorry for the even more bit off track stuff here but ironically in the short window my FCCs were back in my account (literally the next day) I got calls from NCL TWICE to tell me about deals and help me book my next cruise.  Unbelievable. 

Here's to hoping we both get our refund soon (this year maybe?)  I so want to be done with this.

I'm in the same boat as you.  I requested cancellation of my dining/beverage package and pre-paid gratuities on March 9th, and still have not received a refund.  The cruise ended up being cancelled, so the rest went to FCC, but I'm still missing the difference.

Unlike you,  I have not given them a call yet, so I may do that and see if it makes a difference - it looks like it may have for you since you did end up getting the refund!  Thanks!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jasperess said:

Unlike you,  I have not given them a call yet, so I may do that and see if it makes a difference - it looks like it may have for you since you did end up getting the refund!  Thanks!

My experience is that unless and until you demand your refund, you won't get it. Your money was used to pay someone else's refund. When I called, they just said my refund was pending and acted like I was bothering them. And so it goes. If it beyond 90 days you'll need a consumer advocate or attorney general involvement. Once they got involved, I had my money within one week. I suppose they took someone else's money to issue my refund. They will do whatever they have to do to not borrow money. If someone is willing to let them use theirs interest free, they'll take that deal every day.

We finally received our full refund yesterday. Since NCL’s cancellation (of our 21 March cruise) on 14 March, it has taken 132 days! We waited patiently and didn’t nag them, probably the wrong thing to do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

.... If someone is willing to let them use theirs interest free, they'll take that deal every day.

Not sure what you mean by 'willing to let them', I would never consider people 'trying' to trust the system and being somewhat patient as being willing and permissive.  But yes eventually the wait gets ridiculous, though I know I would never have considered a lawyer. 

3 hours ago, Notts1964 said:

We finally received our full refund yesterday. Since NCL’s cancellation (of our 21 March cruise) on 14 March, it has taken 132 days! We waited patiently and didn’t nag them, probably the wrong thing to do.

I am not convinced nagging them changes anything.

Just now, poffles said:

Not sure what you mean by 'willing to let them', I would never consider people 'trying' to trust the system and being somewhat patient as being willing and permissive.  But yes eventually the wait gets ridiculous, though I know I would never have considered a lawyer. 

Right. If they've set the refund date at 90 days and 90 days has passed and you call them and they act like you are bothering them and refuse to commit to a refund date, that shows bad faith. To not take action to protect your interests at that point is letting them have an interest free loan for money they have no legal claim to.

8 hours ago, jasperess said:

I'm in the same boat as you.  I requested cancellation of my dining/beverage package and pre-paid gratuities on March 9th, and still have not received a refund.  The cruise ended up being cancelled, so the rest went to FCC, but I'm still missing the difference.

I'm still waiting for the refund of my pre-paid DSC for our NCL April 5th cancelled cruise too!  Nice(?) to know we aren't the only ones still waiting long after 120 days.   It's not going to break us, but just another thing to watch for while we wait.  Customer Service told us they have 'sent a note' to Accounting about it.

Meanwhile, I've moved the CruiseNext deposits from our October and January cruises to other dates.  MUCH easier to move them to new cruises ahead of time.

We were on a cruise scheduled for June 8.   We received our refunds(complete and accurate) for 4 cabins.

I am hoping NCL survives as well as many other hospitality related business.  

• Like 1

A group of us were schedule on NCL April 2020 cruise. We received our credit card deposit refund of  ($700) only on 6/27/20 from NCL but the final payment that was paid by check to our group travel Agent (A.C.T  Aka Adult Custom Tours) who paid NCL has not refunded us the large amount to our group. NCL said they refunded everything To our travel agent on 6/27/20 in the same form it was paid wether it was a group or individual. Our travel agent A.C.T  unfortunately has not been honest with us since this refund processes started. Not sure why NCL would only processes a partial refund and not the entire amount and we can not get a straight answer from our travel agent. We are wondering who is lying to us.🤔anyone else having this problem with there travel agent? 

19 minutes ago, WBrowneyedgirl said:

the final payment that was paid by check to our group travel Agent (A.C.T  Aka Adult Custom Tours) who paid NCL has not refunded us the large amount to our group. 

...a word to anyone new to cruising....your credit card should always show a charge directly to the cruise lines, not your travel agency...lots of stories of "we paid the travel agent, but the agent never turned out money over to the cruise line"

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, CarolinaMamma said:

I know they said it could take up to 90 days. I submitted my refund request on March 23rd, the first day I could, for a Haven 2-bedroom family villa on an April 2020 cruise that was cancelled. Since then my PCC has called both me and my teenage son about booking with our future cruise credit, which makes me doubt NCL’s internal communication practices. I told my PCC I had requested the refund, not the FCC, but she was unable to check the status because her job is to book cruises. I tried not to push it because I’m sure these folks are stressed out and a lot of them are losing their jobs, but pointing me in the direction of someone who could help might have been nice. 

I’ll give them another few weeks, the full 90 days, but if I don’t see the refund come through, I may have to ask Amex for help getting it back. 

Curious to know if anyone else has received their refund. 

On June 23rd, I received an email from NCL indicating my refund for a May 1st cruise was being processed.  It showed 2 small amounts I had paid directly to NCL to be credited to my credit card and a larger amount to be credited to the AMEX account of the travel agent.   I received the 2 small payments within 2 days and last Friday I was finally credited with the larger amount on my credit card.  The problem is it is only about 85% of the fare I paid.  I have called both the agent and NCL to find out about the difference.  The rep of the agent, United Cruises, says that she is in contact with NCL to find out about the remaining money.  NCL acknowledges that there is a difference but said I have to have the agent contact them to discuss.  I have a feeling that the difference is owed by the agent and was their commission but can’t get any confirmation.  Does anyone know if that is how these refunds were handled?  I haven’t received anything in writing to acknowledge the balance or who owes it.  I am getting very frustrated.

I received an e-mail on June 17th with the message:

"As a result of our fleets' re-deployment, the Norwegian Gem 12-day Southern Caribbean sailing on April 5, 2021 from New York, New York has been canceled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

On July 27th, I received the refund. I guess I was lucky it happened so fast.

Maybe the difference is that it was handled by EU Reservations.

I filled out the form for a refund on June 9 for my Alaska cruise for two that was cancelled. The cruise was all paid for.  I received a full refund this morning. A total of 54 days! I was thinking I was going to have a LONG wait! Just glad I got all my money back! I guess they are speeding things up!