Balcony/Premium Balcony on Crown Princess

amajaa

Hi, does anyone know the difference between a balcony cabin and a premium balcony cabin on Crown Princess please? I’ve looked on various sites, including Princess and the descriptions and cabin sizes are exactly the same. TIA

38 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Hi, does anyone know the difference between a balcony cabin and a premium balcony cabin on Crown Princess please? I’ve looked on various sites, including Princess and the descriptions and cabin sizes are exactly the same. TIA

The cabins themselves at exactly the same. Premium simply denotes location. Some may be on Caribe deck, which have substantially larger balconies than other decks (9x9 versus 9x5).  Some are aft facing, which is considered a premium location and have somewhat larger balconies. Midship is generally considered premium on most all decks. And so on.

The interior of the cabin itself is exactly the same.   It's just location.

Ah okay thanks. The reason I asked was on P & O, one of Princess’s sister companies, the deluxe balconies are slightly bigger and have two telly and other extras. Their ships layouts are very similar to the Crown and other Princess ships,  so much so that I have never had to look at a deck plan on Princess to find my way around.

Edited by amajaa

we were on the crown...caribe deck...aft facing balcony...room the same, balcony completely covered and larger...we didn't like the aft facing ... great leaving port views but missed seeing where we were going...also very rolly when the seas get rough

20 hours ago, amajaa said:

19 hours ago, amajaa said:

Ah okay thanks. The reason I asked was on P & O, one of Princess’s sister companies, the deluxe balconies are slightly bigger and have two telly and other extras. Their ships layouts are very similar to the Crown and other Princess ships,  so much so that I have never had to look at a deck plan on Princess to find my way around.

The Crown Princess is basically the same design as the P&O Ventura. A Premium balcony on the Crown is the same size and basic configuration as a Balcony with Shower cabin on the Ventura. The designation of "premium" only relates to its location on the ship. The interiors of all balcony category cabins are the same. Premium balcony cabins are not larger, nor do they contain upgraded amenities.

Superior Deluxe Balcony w/bath and shower cabins on the Ventura are the same cabins as Mini-suites on the Crown Princess. These are the ones with two TV's, tub/shower combination and are larger.

Premium balconies on a grand class ship (Crown, Ruby, Caribbean, etc.) are mid-ship on Caribe (10) deck.  Balconies on Caribe are the same size and the stateroom is the same size.  Prices fore and aft are similar, mid-ship they are a higher price. (Didn't used to be that way but Princess smartened up and raised the price and called them a Premium Balcony...all about marketing.) As Nini stated it's all about location.

• Like 1