RCI erroneously changed our deposit amount on an upcoming cruise

Has anyone had this happen? Out of the blue, I got an invoice by email which means they ‘touched’ our booking. I hadn’t called or even booked anything in the Cruise Planner, but suddenly the  $500 deposit we paid a year ago on a weeklong cruise this coming December has been decreased to $350.  

I plan to call to get this corrected, hopefully when there isn’t an hour or two wait for service. 🙂 Wanted to reach out to see if anyone has experienced this, and if so, any guidance is appreciated. 

It is a glitch. If you purchase anything in cruise planner, it deducts from the deposit for some reason.  Did you purchase anything for $150?

Call RCL tomorrow morning (wait times will be minimal), and have them notate this glitch and confirm in a memo on the booking that $500 has indeed been paid. 

Edited by Kokomo91165

7 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

It is a glitch. If you purchase anything in cruise planner, it deducts from the deposit for some reason.  Did you purchase anything for $150?

Call RCL tomorrow morning (wait times will be minimal), and have them notate this glitch and confirm in a memo on the booking that $500 has indeed been paid. 

Thanks, Kokomo91165! 

Just went back and looked and two weeks earlier, I had made a purchase for our planner for that amount. 

I appreciate the info. 🙂

11 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Thanks, Kokomo91165! 

Just went back and looked and two weeks earlier, I had made a purchase for our planner for that amount. 

I appreciate the info. 🙂

Threw me off for few minutes couple times happened to me

• Like 1

So RCI not only charges you for the purchase they also deduct that amout from your deposit essentially charging you twice and leaving you with a non-fully deposited cruise? How did they invent this SNAFU?

• Haha 1