Iona September

laticsmon1

We are going on her 19 September anyone know if there will be restrictions on board ie how many people can go in bars and mdr and around the ship all for keeping people safe but if it makes the cruise rubbish then may look at moving it.

6 minutes ago, laticsmon1 said:

We are going on her 19 September anyone know if there will be restrictions on board ie how many people can go in bars and mdr and around the ship all for keeping people safe but if it makes the cruise rubbish then may look at moving it.

I suspect P&O might be moving it for you, but they are unlikely to tell you until well after you have paid them the balance.

45 minutes ago, laticsmon1 said:

I would think it’s unlikely that cruises will have recommenced by September but, if they have, I fear that you will have to endure restrictions that wouldn’t make it feel much like a holiday. I would be inclined to move to Summer 2021 earliest. 

1 hour ago, laticsmon1 said:

Right now nobody could answer this question for you.  We can guess that if the cruise is not cancelled that there will be changes.  Some changes will have to be made in  the way rooms are cleaned, how queueing is dealt with and in seating arrangements.  For other changes, watch this space.  

46 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I would think it’s unlikely that cruises will have recommenced by September but, if they have, I fear that you will have to endure restrictions that wouldn’t make it feel much like a holiday. I would be inclined to move to Summer 2021 earliest. 

I agree entirely.

My own personal view which I know will be unpopular with some, is that cruising will not recommence until social distancing is no longer required or has been modified to be much less onerous. As things stand, I cannot see how cruise companies could comply and produce a product which was either profitable or a pleasant experience for passengers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I've moved my Iona September cruise to September 2021 and I've just got off the phone to my TA asking to change my Iona November cruise to November 2021.  I'm still not 100% sure my Aurora March 2021 will go ahead.

On 5/30/2020 at 3:47 PM, Happy afloat said:

The way things are going, she may not even have completed sea trials and be in service by then. We're due to go to the Canaries on her in november. Don't expect it to happen 🙁

Delivery to P&O is now scheduled for second half of June.

On 5/30/2020 at 2:47 PM, Happy afloat said:

The way things are going, she may not even have completed sea trials and be in service by then. We're due to go to the Canaries on her in november. Don't expect it to happen 🙁

You think she won't be sailing by November next year?

Edited by besberry

5 hours ago, besberry said:

You think she won't be sailing by November next year?

Sorry, no ,this November. Should have made myself clearer. Although Saab4444 says she's being delivered in June (thanks for the info👍), I think international travel restrictions could be so limiting it might not be practical for a lot of people. 

I do hope I'm wrong though, We need a holiday!