Quantum of the seas

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I can’t find anything up to date  on Sydney .

It just says it’s closed to cruise ships.

Yes I couldn't find anything current either. On the TA sites, RCCL, and 'mapping' timetable sites they all have it listed.

Just have to wait and see. A large group of ACT Cruisers are booked on it 🙂

1 hour ago, RosieCanberra said:

Yes I couldn't find anything current either. On the TA sites, RCCL, and 'mapping' timetable sites they all have it listed.

Confusion reigns Rosie, I hope things turn out as originally scheduled for your bookings on QOS.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RosieCanberra said:

It could be a place holder fo another ship,if so why didn’t they leave the booking in the name of radiance?

I believe voyager will be in Singapore and spectrum in China.
Wonder of the seas is supposed to be delayed and should be handed over around Christmas-new year.

The only other ship unaccounted for is Serenade of the seas.
I don’t believe it has a placement 

Edited by Chiliburn

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It could be a place holder fo another ship,if so why didn’t the leave the booking in the name of radiance?

Wonder of the seas is supposed to be delayed and should be handed over around Christmas-new year.

The only other ship unaccounted for is Serenade of the seas. I don’t believe it has a placement 

What a schmozzle.

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It could be a place holder fo another ship,if so why didn’t they leave the booking in the name of radiance?

The only other ship unaccounted for is Serenade of the seas.
I don’t believe it has a placement 

Yes it's very strange. The cruise dates and length listed for Brisbane are for the Quantum cruises originally scheduled for Sydney, not the original Radiance cruises. 

2 hours ago, RosieCanberra said:

Yes it's very strange. The cruise dates and length listed for Brisbane are for the Quantum cruises originally scheduled for Sydney, not the original Radiance cruises. 

So you’re saying they are going to stick to their original itineraries and not swap?
‘From memory radiance is doing a Northern run and quantum is mostly doing New Zealand.

Do you think that would be possible with the extra distance they would have to travel?

If so, I think we may be getting a revised season soon.

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So you’re saying they are going to stick to their original itineraries and not swap?
‘From memory radiance is doing a Northern run and quantum is mostly doing New Zealand.

Do you think that would be possible with the extra distance they would have to travel?

If so, I think we may be getting a revised season soon.

No, I think it's just a mistake - where the person loading up the Brisbane schedule pasted in the existing Sydney cruises for Quantum instead of changing the ship name for the existing Radiance itineraries. If RCCL is bringing in a different ship to sail from Sydney you would assume it would take on the exisiting bookings, not have to cancel every Sydney Quantum sailing, and every Radiance sailing from Brisbane. That's a lot of bookings. Sydney is our busiest cruise port so I can't see them replacing a newer large ship with a smaller older one.  But who knows, the way things are going we may not have sailings this time next year anyway....but I hope we do.

On 10/6/2020 at 3:25 PM, phoenixx said:

On RC website my Quantum repo 2022 to Honolulu is still showing as out of Sydney!

My Sydney bound Quantum TP, 14 October 2021 embark HNL has disappeared from RC website.  🤔

• 3 weeks later...

We are reaching out to you with an update from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines regarding your Radiance of the Seas, Transpacific voyage in September 2021.

They have today announced that they will be replacing Radiance of the Seas Brisbane deployment with one of their newest and most innovative ships, the Quantum of the Seas.  We are really pleased to advise that they are still operating a Honolulu to Brisbane  sailing in October 2021.

Royal Caribbean will give you the option to move over to the new sailing, which will enable you to experience this incredible ship, whilst still returning to Brisbane.

The new sailing departs Honolulu on the 14th October 2021 , and arrives into Brisbane on the 30th October 2021,  please see below map for itinerary:

0?ui=2&ik=4dd1624b77&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1681230965894036988&th=1754eea7eb803dfc&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9u8bedTnjxeoC-VGJsrHHLv05Bk0mKzcp6FAioZecgNKw02f9qFsCrc8HvQNzN8hfo6A0ruosdoU_W08xJ1LnNMAxPXRB7km_nbY0QBdZWK_t27Ej0_Do9pEk&disp=emb

If you are happy to proceed with the ship change and above itinerary, please let us know via email and we can facilitate this for you.  

Alternatively if you are unable to travel in October 2021, we can also approach Royal Caribbean to move you across to the Ovation of the Seas Honolulu to Sydney departing 28th September 2021 or alternatively a sailing in April 2022 from Brisbane back to Honolulu.

For more details on the ship, please refer to this link   https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/cruise-ships/quantum-of-the-seas

Due to the high volume of passengers affected by this change we request that you please reply to this email confirming your preference (including your booking number IG /MYC).  

Should you have any questions or concerns with the above change, please do not hesitate to contact us via return email (including your booking number IG /MYC) or call our office on

.  Please note we are expecting higher than normal call volumes, therefore email communication is preferred.

We are sorry for this inconvenience, however we are hopeful the Quantum of the Seas will certainly enhance your transpacific voyage experience.

Recent Awards

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Did they cancel your cruise or transfered it ?

Neither , they say " Replace , Move over"  The Radiance booking just disappeared from my cruise and nothing has replaced it yet . 

23 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Neither , they say " Replace , Move over"  The Radiance booking just disappeared from my cruise and nothing has replaced it yet . 

Because it's a significant change i.e. change of ship/itinerary/date, they need your confirmation first before they move you across. They can't just give you another booking without you agreeing.

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

Because it's a significant change i.e. change of ship/itinerary/date, they need your confirmation first before they move you across. They can't just give you another booking without you agreeing.

Yes i know , we returned email and called same day of note that was last thursday , see what happens this week . lots of US and CAD are getting OBC too