Deposit Refund

I booked and paid a $900 deposit for a cruise sailing out of Barcelona this September.  We decided to cancel and I called and was told the full refund will be allowed with their new cancellation policy. 

Has anyone cancelled when just the deposit was paid? How long did it take to be received?  I searched on the boards, but couldn't find anything pertaining to a deposit only refund.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, 3dogmom said:

I booked and paid a $900 deposit for a cruise sailing out of Barcelona this September.  We decided to cancel and I called and was told the full refund will be allowed with their new cancellation policy. 

Has anyone cancelled when just the deposit was paid? How long did it take to be received?  I searched on the boards, but couldn't find anything pertaining to a deposit only refund.

Thanks!

Did royal cancel or did you cancel?

2 hours ago, 3dogmom said:

Thanks!

If it was a non refundable deposit you do not get cash back.  You will get a FCC for the full amount of the deposit.

You will only receive a cash refund for a refundable deposit which was standard even before the CWC

6 minutes ago, 3dogmom said:

I cancelled and will receive a $900 FCC. I'm just curious as to how long this is taking.

On March 13th, I cancelled our Oasis (June 14) cruise with a $500 deposit and still haven't received our FCCs although I do have a confirmation # for the cancellation.  Was told today by RC D+ rep that "we were having trouble and your FCCs still haven't been issued yet".

On May 21st, I cancelled my Canada/NE sailing on Adventure (Sep 10) that was booked with a $500 refundable deposit.  A refund was posted to my credit card on May 28th.