Please Explain "Lift and Shift"

18 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Too bad. A lot of posters can't find any replacement and would jump on the opportunity to L&S to an ABC cruise.

It is not desirable compared to the original ports, Barbados, St Maarten etc

23 hours ago, zitsky said:

I just looked at a lift and shift to replace my 9 night Southern Caribbean cruise.  I was only given one option, a 9 night ABC cruise.  It wasn't attractive to me.

I want to L & S our 9-Nt Southern Caribbean on Edge from Nov 2020 to Nov 2021. My online travel agent said Celebrity won't do it because the Nov 2021 itinerary has different ports.  Question: How do I keep trying? Can I call Celebrity myself? Keep calling the online TA and hope I get someone who is willing to try? What do you do if the TA won't try (ok, I can switch TA next time but that won't help me now). I have a great deal and really don't want to pay $1500 more for the what is essentially the same cruise / perks.  

23 hours ago, zitsky said:

I just looked at a lift and shift to replace my 9 night Southern Caribbean cruise.  I was only given one option, a 9 night ABC cruise.  It wasn't attractive to me.

I want to L & S our 9-Nt Southern Caribbean on Edge from Nov 2020 to Nov 2021. My online travel agent said Celebrity won't do it because the Nov 2021 itinerary has different ports.  Question: How do I keep trying? Can I call Celebrity myself? Keep calling the online TA and hope I get someone who is willing to try? What do you do if the TA won't try (ok, I can switch TA next time but that won't help me now). I have a great deal and really don't want to pay $1500 more for the what is essentially the same cruise / perks.  

1 hour ago, lbryant said:

Did your TA actually try?  Did they escalate to resolutions department?  If not they should explain why and you should request to be included on a 3 way call and try again so you can plead your case.  If they won't then ask them to release the reservation back to Celebrity so you can negotiate for yourself.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Did your TA actually try?  Did they escalate to resolutions department?  If not they should explain why and you should request to be included on a 3 way call and try again so you can plead your case.  If they won't then ask them to release the reservation back to Celebrity so you can negotiate for yourself.

She did not try for me. She said she had tried with another client who wanted the same ship/dates but the ports were different and Celebrity said no.I don't know what department she spoke with.  In this instance, my cruise current cruise on Edge and next year's cruise are both Southern Caribbean cruises with the same month, but the ports are different. My TA said they won't allow that.   The Equinox sails the same itinerary as I have now, but this is our first Celebrity cruise and we really wanted to experience the Edge (I love the idea of 4 themed main dining rooms, the rooftop garden and the high-tech entertainment).    I did not know you can ask for the reservation to move to Celebrity.  If they do that, would I keep the rate and perks?

1 hour ago, lbryant said:

She did not try for me. She said she had tried with another client who wanted the same ship/dates but the ports were different and Celebrity said no.I don't know what department she spoke with.  In this instance, my cruise current cruise on Edge and next year's cruise are both Southern Caribbean cruises with the same month, but the ports are different. My TA said they won't allow that.   The Equinox sails the same itinerary as I have now, but this is our first Celebrity cruise and we really wanted to experience the Edge (I love the idea of 4 themed main dining rooms, the rooftop garden and the high-tech entertainment).    I did not know you can ask for the reservation to move to Celebrity.  If they do that, would I keep the rate and perks?

Moving a reservation back to Celebrity would be the last option before cancelling.  If you had a group rate that may be an issue and any TA perks would be lost.

The other poster had a great idea about using Celebrity's tool to see what sailings they think are eligible.  Have you tried looking at it there?

Start at this link and click on "Select Program" in the Lift & Shift box.  Supply your sailing info and see if the sailing you want is suggested.   If so then tell the TA what you found.  Make them advocate for you.

https://cancellation.celebritycruises.com/?brand=C

I did the lift and ship through a box box travel agency that sells everything including gasoline. I was on hold as was the agent for around 6 hours. Very inefficient  system at Celebrity but we got it done. The TA at the store was patient and great. You might choose another company in the future. 

Does anyone know the earliest date that Lift and Shift was applicable for cancelled cruises?  Our April cruise was cancelled, but since L&S wasn't the policy at the time, I'm assuming we're out of luck.  Too bad--we got a great deal and would have happily re-booked had we been able to keep our deal.

2 hours ago, hiccups said:

Does anyone know the earliest date that Lift and Shift was applicable for cancelled cruises?  Our April cruise was cancelled, but since L&S wasn't the policy at the time, I'm assuming we're out of luck.  Too bad--we got a great deal and would have happily re-booked had we been able to keep our deal.

You can do it on any suspended sailings providing you took 125% FCC.   If you took a refund you don't qualify.  This is spelled out in the FAQ's

• Like 1