Children in own cabin..

madster66

Hi all ... please could you let me know at what age children are allowed to be in their own cabin. Also we have 2 children.. do they both need to be a certain age ???  I have searched the website and cant find the answers.. Thank you 😊

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I believe the age is 18, however my TA said our granddaughters would be OK in their own cabin when the eldest was 17, but we never got round to testing that with a booking..

We were next to 2 boys about 14 on Ventura at New Year, but I guess the parents had booked 2 cabins with one adult in each and just swapped. 

They were well behaved and their parents were close by. 

Andy 

It appears that at least one person in the cabin has to be 16:

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles.cfm?ID=1782#:~:text=P%26O Cruises&text=Rules for cruising alone%3A Passengers must be 18 years old,who is 16 or older.

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/pdfs/po-cruises-booking-conditions-may-19.pdf

8. A booking may only be made by a person aged 18 or over. All Guests who, at the time of departure, will be under 18 years old must be accompanied by a Guest aged 18 or over who will at all times during the Package be responsible for their welfare, conduct and behaviour. Guests under 16 years old are not permitted to travel in a cabin without an accompanying Guest who is 16 years old or over. Guests under 16 years old are not permitted to disembark the ship in any port without a Guest who is accompanying them on the Package in accordance with this clause.

Thank you ... very helpful replies. 😁  We have booked a suite for next summer for the space... But thought a balcony and an inside opposite would give us two bathrooms ... very handy with two teenage girls 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Does this rule apply to connecting cabins, could you have children under 16 in a connecting cabin

Typically, its booked as one adult, one child. However I believe it is possible to book as long as it is an interconnecting cabin and the door has been unlocked by the steward.