Just another FCC question for the pros!

I have another FCC question:

When I originally booked the cruise, for DH and myself, the invoice shows cruise rate 1 and cruise rate 2.  When I received the FCC, RCL assigned names to cruise rate 1 and 2.  Cruise rate 1 (me)was $2065, and cruise rate 2(DH) was $667.

When I applied the FCC to the new cruise, Cruise rate 1 (me) is $637, and cruise rate 2 (DH) is $1930.  So we still owe $1412, and will get FCC back in amount of $1429.

Working with TA to get this fixed.  But she's telling me that once RCL arbitrarily assigned names, they won't fix this.  Is there something else I can do to help get this fixed?

12 minutes ago, atb said:

I have another FCC question:

When I originally booked the cruise, for DH and myself, the invoice shows cruise rate 1 and cruise rate 2.  When I received the FCC, RCL assigned names to cruise rate 1 and 2.  Cruise rate 1 (me)was $2065, and cruise rate 2(DH) was $667.

When I applied the FCC to the new cruise, Cruise rate 1 (me) is $637, and cruise rate 2 (DH) is $1930.  So we still owe $1412, and will get FCC back in amount of $1429.

Working with TA to get this fixed.  But she's telling me that once RCL arbitrarily assigned names, they won't fix this.  Is there something else I can do to help get this fixed?

Was this because of a sailing Roysl cancelled or one you cancelled.

two different policies.

for sailings that Royal cancelled under the global suspension of sailings they will move FCC around as long as all parties are rebooked on the cruise  In order to use up the FCC. 

if you cancelled they are not supposed to move FCC.  If it is a matter of Swapping names For guest 1 and 2 then your TA can easily do that by calling Royal Change names on the reservation not the FCC

Edited by Ourusualbeach

thanks for the reply - this is for the very first that RCL cancelled back in March.  We were packed and ready to go when we got the email to cancel.  Am waiting for TA to speak with RCL, she was still on-hold.

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Was this because of a sailing Roysl cancelled or one you cancelled.

two different policies.

for sailings that Royal cancelled under the global suspension of sailings they will move FCC around as long as all parties are rebooked on the cruise  In order to use up the FCC. 

if you cancelled they are not supposed to move FCC.  If it is a matter of Swapping names For guest 1 and 2 then your TA can easily do that by calling Royal Change names on the reservation not the FCC

I anticipate having a similar problem, depending on whether Royal cancels the Allure TA or I do. If I do, I’ll have too much FCC in my wife’s name to apply to future cruises. I’ll have to do a name swap on my Jan 2022 Oasis in order to make her passenger #1 and align everything so I don’t have anything left over. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

9 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I anticipate having a similar problem, depending on whether Royal cancels the Allure TA or I do. If I do, I’ll have too much FCC in my wife’s name to apply to future cruises. I’ll have to do a name swap on my Jan 2022 Oasis in order to make her passenger #1 and align everything so I don’t have anything left over. 

mac_tlc

I just found out a couple days ago about the different policies that apply to the FCC depending on who cancels.  Makes a big difference in planning. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just found out a couple days ago about the different policies that apply to the FCC depending on who cancels.  Makes a big difference in planning. 

Sure does. Especially with the “60% off second guest” vs. “30% off guests 1 and 2” fake sales. Why have one consistent policy🙄🙄. Crazy.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

A good shout out to our TA and the RCL rep she finally found that was willing to work with us.  They covered the cruise rate less fees and taxes (which we knew).  So we are ready to sail.