Allure not moving to Galveston

I've now seen someone else post a email, not sure who she contacted that she can move to any Caribbean 7 day. At first today only symphony and oasis were offered, but I've now seen a email which says any. Here is what came out this morning 

"  I would like to share some information I received directly from the Royal Caribbean home office yesterday regarding the Allure.  As most of you are probably aware the Allure will not be repositioning to Galveston for the 2021 – 2022 winter season, and guests originally booked on the Allure will be transferred to the Liberty of the Seas.  RCCL is in the process of updating their compensation offer/options for impacted guests. Additional options are:

Option 1:  Guests can move their cruise to the Oasis or Symphony of the Seas within 4 weeks of the original sailing and RCCL will protect the rate paid on the Allure or provide them with the lower of the two.

Option 2: Receive a FULL refund regardless if booked with a refundable or non-refundable deposit.

The RCCL call centers are being updated on the new offer. It is suggested to contact RCCL beginning this afternoon (Jun 11th) to make changes. They are working on updating CruisingPower/Espresso so travel agents can do this online.

Also they did confirm their goal is to still bring an Oasis Class ship to Galveston. The timing will depend on when construction of the new terminal is complete and the re-opening of ports."

20200611_231535282.jpeg

Edited by firefly333

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've now seen someone else post a email, not sure who she contacted that she can move to any Caribbean 7 day. At first today only symphony and oasis were offered, but I've now seen a email which says any. Here is what came out this morning 

Very nice information to share.

While Galveston with or without an Oasis ship is not desirable in our case...there are certainly enough folks who will appreciate this update and the future hope it brings.

This is well within the spirit of this website.

We had a 2 bedroom aquatheatre suite booked on Allure and were moved to Liberty with the cancellation.  Our TA held an A2 on Symphony the week before our original sailing.  Then the email came out that is posted above saying we will be price protected if it is within 4 weeks of our original sailing.  She just spent 3 hours on the phone with them to be told no by 4 different people because its too much of a price difference.  I am extremely disappointed with Royal right now.  Because we got a great deal on our original reso, now we are just SOL.  

1 hour ago, nessy48 said:

We had a 2 bedroom aquatheatre suite booked on Allure and were moved to Liberty with the cancellation.  Our TA held an A2 on Symphony the week before our original sailing.  Then the email came out that is posted above saying we will be price protected if it is within 4 weeks of our original sailing.  She just spent 3 hours on the phone with them to be told no by 4 different people because its too much of a price difference.  I am extremely disappointed with Royal right now.  Because we got a great deal on our original reso, now we are just SOL.  

I wouldnt give up, but I can see how your ta is tired. They need to honor their word. Sounds like your ta just hasnt reached the right supervisor

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, twangster said:

It seems they look at the fare you booked before deciding to move you to another ship or not - the hidden or unpublished restrictions to the rules.  Applies to Lift & Shift as well.  

The lift and shift, revenue put out a list of allowed lift and shifts now. It might not be where you and I can read it, but I doubt my ta would make that up, that there is now a list from revenue which lift and shifts are allowed.

Though I dont entirely disagree with you it has to do with the prices, like I couldn't move majesty to another ship, it was a cheaper fare. So i dont doubt that came into consideration. 

16 hours ago, nessy48 said:

Same situation, but our awesome TA was able to make it happen. We had a two bedroom aqua theater and she got them to move it to the Symphony on the same date one year later, even though the price difference was over 4K. Interesting though, when I looked at the reservation the day after that, they had moved us BACK to the Liberty, even though we had a confirmation with our agent On the Symphony. She was furious and had to go back and spend 3 more hours on the phone to fix it again. Thankfully there was still a AQ available. They had no explanation of how that had happened, only that somebody at RCL had overridden it. Somebody is playing games.

Just received this email. However, the Allure itineraries for the month I booked in (Feb 2022) are not available on the website and I'm reading on here they're doing 4 or 6 night cruises. So not sure how that will work since Allure from Galveston was a 7 night cruise.

Dear Guest,

Last week, we shared that due to shipyard closures and disruption to supply chain caused by this pandemic, Allure of the Seas’ amplification was being moved to a later date. And, as a result of pier construction delays in the Galveston terminal, Allure of the Seas would no longer sail from Galveston during the Winter 2021 - 2022 deployment. So, we had to move you to a similar itinerary onboard Liberty of the Seas.

Well, we have great news to share! We’ve been working tirelessly on confirming Allure’s new itineraries. And if you had your heart set on the ship, and the embarkation port was not the most important factor for you - you’ll be able to book Allure today! We wanted you to be the first to know since your sailing was unfortunately impacted. 😊

If you’ve already moved to the comparable Liberty of the Seas sailing or an alternate 7-night Caribbean sailing and would like to stay, there’s nothing for you to do. If you prefer to move to one of Allure’s new itineraries, call us by July 7, 2020  at 888-281-9344 and we’ll be happy to re-book, even if you cancelled your reservation or if you took advantage of our Lift and Shift offer.

If you choose to move to Allure of the Seas, you’ll receive the following:
  • Your original cruise fare paid for Allure of the Seas will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after you submit your refund request. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
    • We’ll also waive any non-refundable deposit change fees associated with the move.
  • Please know, if you weren’t previously booked on a holiday sailing (Christmas, New Year’s, and Easter), sailings during that timeframe are excluded from your options.
  • Lastly, if you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit prior to this email, you will be able to take advantage of this new offer.

Your vacation is important to us and we really look forward to welcoming you onboard! Please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by July 7, 2020 to let us know if you’d like to change your sailing to a new Allure of the Seas itinerary. If we don’t hear from you by July 7, 2020, no action will be taken and you’ll remain booked on the Liberty of the Seas sailing. And remember, you’ll still have the flexibility to cancel through our Cruise with Confidence program up to 2 days before your departure date. Click here to learn about this program.

We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

New sailings now available.  4 to 9 night itineraries from FLL.

At this time, we are reaching out to advise of Allure of the Seas' exciting new deployment itineraries for the winter 2021-2022 season, sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Allure of the Seas will sail 4 to 9-Night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, which are now available to book. From Cozumel, Mexico to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, your clients will experience the tropics like never before!

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

At this time, we are reaching out to advise of Allure of the Seas' exciting new deployment itineraries for the winter 2021-2022 season, sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Allure of the Seas will sail 4 to 9-Night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, which are now available to book. From Cozumel, Mexico to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, your clients will experience the tropics like never before!

also, i posted a new thread - an email I received today.  It's allowing those booked on Allure out of Galveston to move BACK to one of the Allure new itineraries - price protected.  Finally a solution for those who wanted Allure.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks. I wonder if they will only price protect customers to the 7 night sailings - assuming there is a 7 night Allure sailing within a 4 week window of the original bookings.

They must be in the process of uploading them to the website. I see January 2022 but not February yet.

17 minutes ago, CategoryQ said:

Thanks. I wonder if they will only price protect customers to the 7 night sailings - assuming there is a 7 night Allure sailing within a 4 week window of the original bookings.

They must be in the process of uploading them to the website. I see January 2022 but not February yet.

I would say only 7 night to 7 night.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would say only 7 night to 7 night.

Unfortunately there's only 6 or 8 night options the month I had previously booked Allure in, so guess the offer today doesn't apply to me. Darn.

I heard back from the executive office of Michael Bayley.

I was booked in a two bedroom aqua theater suite on Allure before Royal moved me to Liberty without any communication. 

Here is the executive explanation why:

"Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, the amplification of Allure of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas has been placed on hold until further notice. This change does mean that the stateroom you were booked in – which we were planning on updating during this process – will no longer be renovated. As a result, your original stateroom’s capacity can no longer accommodate your party, and we’ll need to make a change to your stateroom. We’ve moved you to the best available stateroom, and your amenities will remain the same (as many as can be accommodated)."

Apparently the three of us on my Allure booking could never fit into the two bedroom aqua theatre suite on Allure.  Even had the terminal in Galveston completed on time, we apparently would have had to move because the two bedroom suites on Allure can't accommodate three guests.  

So you see it has nothing to do with construction delays in Galveston.  

The loss of Star Class by being forced onto Liberty in their eyes:  "your amenities will remain the same (as many as can be accommodated)."  This appears to confirm that Royal places no value in the Star Class program.  It's worthless.

It's a shame Michael Bayley knows so little about the ships in the Royal fleet.  

Edited by twangster

21 hours ago, twangster said:

I heard back from the executive office of Michael Bayley.

I was booked in a two bedroom aqua theater suite on Allure before Royal moved me to Liberty without any communication. 

Here is the executive explanation why:

"Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, the amplification of Allure of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas has been placed on hold until further notice. This change does mean that the stateroom you were booked in – which we were planning on updating during this process – will no longer be renovated. As a result, your original stateroom’s capacity can no longer accommodate your party, and we’ll need to make a change to your stateroom. We’ve moved you to the best available stateroom, and your amenities will remain the same (as many as can be accommodated)."

Apparently the three of us on my Allure booking could never fit into the two bedroom aqua theatre suite on Allure.  Even had the terminal in Galveston completed on time, we apparently would have had to move because the two bedroom suites on Allure can't accommodate three guests.  

So you see it has nothing to do with construction delays in Galveston.  

The loss of Star Class by being forced onto Liberty in their eyes:  "your amenities will remain the same (as many as can be accommodated)."  This appears to confirm that Royal places no value in the Star Class program.  It's worthless.

It's a shame Michael Bayley knows so little about the ships in the Royal fleet.  

@twangster Just curious when did you email them?  I emailed a week ago about  not price protecting our A2 and moving us to Symphony (which I know they did with you also and I am so sorry), but have not heard back yet.  Curious how long it took them to get back to you.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, nessy48 said:

@twangster Just curious when did you email them?  I emailed a week ago about  not price protecting our A2 and moving us to Symphony (which I know they did with you also and I am so sorry), but have not heard back yet.  Curious how long it took them to get back to you.

Thanks

Sent 6/11, response received 6/23.

4 minutes ago, nessy48 said:

Thanks!  I am curious if we get a response, what they will say to ours!

The response I received stated we were offered to move to another ship which we were not.

It was a canned response, cut, paste, send.  

I'm guessing his inbox is so bloated with emails that none of them are actually being read.  Rather there is a small group of staffers or an automated bot that is cutting and pasting from stock verbiage based loosely on the original email.

• Like 1