Do you think the TFF promo will ever come back?

EllieinNJ

18 hours ago, Coral said:

The free internet minutes are not enough for me. It may cost me a few extra dollars but I like having the all inclusive so I don't have to feel nickel and dimed every minute. Maybe I pay more for it but it is just easier. 

On our August 2019 cruise to the British Isles, we were able to purchase the unlimited internet for $75 for 12 days and use our OBC to pay for it.  That is why I loved the 3FF.

36 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

On our August 2019 cruise to the British Isles, we were able to purchase the unlimited internet for $75 for 12 days and use our OBC to pay for it.  That is why I loved the 3FF.

When I booked my transatlantic and British Isles trip - I was able to add drinks, tips and WIFI for the cost of just tips (which I am going to pay anyway). What a great deal. It was a no brainer. This was for 26 days. Love my fresh squeezed OJ in the morning - can't stand the regular OJ Princess serves. It tastes like Tang. Not only that, I was able to add the TA for the cost of just the British Isles trip. So 26 days for the cost of 14.

My sister had an August British Isles trip. She dropped SIP and Sail and got the Cybersail. Saved thousands. Then added drinks and tips the next day and still saved thousands.

Edited by Coral

I decided too many posts to copy here, but those who are waiting for a vaccine may never cruise again because a vaccine is far from guaranteed.  They never did find a vaccine for SARS, for just one example.  Perhaps there will be a treatment found.  Even the flu vaccine is only partially effective, depending on the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I decided too many posts to copy here, but those who are waiting for a vaccine may never cruise again because a vaccine is far from guaranteed.  They never did find a vaccine for SARS, for just one example.  Perhaps there will be a treatment found.  Even the flu vaccine is only partially effective, depending on the season.

I tend to agree with most of your posts but I do think saying vaccines are "far from guaranteed" is somewhat stretching the description.  Although nobody knows for sure how close we are to a vaccine, nobody knows how far we are from one either.  (Is the glass half full or half empty?)

6 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I tend to agree with most of your posts but I do think saying vaccines are "far from guaranteed" is somewhat stretching the description.  Although nobody knows for sure how close we are to a vaccine, nobody knows how far we are from one either.  (Is the glass half full or half empty?)

Thanks for pointing that out.  I was a little overly emphatic, yes?  A simple "not guaranteed" would have sufficed.  We can all hope for the best result as efforts seem to be "re-doubled" for this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

(Is the glass half full or half empty?)

'you talkin' to me ?  j/k - of course my glass is always at least half-full 🥃

a vaccine is obliviously a good start, but in my not so humble opinion … and I don't know if it's even possible … the 14 day cornteen is still the kicker … something needs to be developed so that if a person does 'get' the covid-19 positive results, they then take a shot / pill so at least they can't 'pass-it-on' 🦄🌈

EDIT to stay on topic … who knows about TFF ? BSE and PPlus work way better for us , but I can certainly somewhat understand people wanting the 'old promotions' to come back in some forn

Edited by voljeep

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I am not a medical person by any means but if I remember correctly, they were close to testing a vaccination and then the money/demand dried up and no one was interested in pursuing the next steps. SARS was no longer an issue.

15 minutes ago, Coral said:

The other issue is Princess Plus is a money maker vs 3 for Free is not when there is a demand for cruises. When there is not a demand, you may see 3 for Free come back.

Could be true, but it seems that Princess used to pretty much sell out all the cruises with the past myriad of promotions.

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Could be true, but it seems that Princess used to pretty much sell out all the cruises with the past myriad of promotions.

My thought is that there are a ton of us with FCC that all expire in May 2021 or later. Once there is a vaccination (hopefully early next year) - I don't think they will be running specials other than Princess Plus to fill up the ships. People will be booking to use their FCC. There won't be a need for incentives such as free OBC to fill up the ship.

7 minutes ago, Coral said:

My thought is that there are a ton of us with FCC that all expire in May 2021 or later. Once there is a vaccination (hopefully early next year) - I don't think they will be running specials other than Princess Plus to fill up the ships. People will be booking to use their FCC. There won't be a need for incentives such as free OBC to fill up the ship.

Agree.  The FCC's have been (are being, will be) inflated by Princess, so lots of free money to go around.  LOL.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2020 at 9:58 AM, Coral said:

When I booked my transatlantic and British Isles trip - I was able to add drinks, tips and WIFI for the cost of just tips (which I am going to pay anyway). What a great deal. It was a no brainer. This was for 26 days. Love my fresh squeezed OJ in the morning - can't stand the regular OJ Princess serves. It tastes like Tang. Not only that, I was able to add the TA for the cost of just the British Isles trip. So 26 days for the cost of 14.

My sister had an August British Isles trip. She dropped SIP and Sail and got the Cybersail. Saved thousands. Then added drinks and tips the next day and still saved thousands.

I have been avenged!  Yes, the OJ tastes EXACTLY like Tang. Try it next time. I think it IS Tang!

• Like 1