Equinox room change?

smaheu11

We are currently booked in rooms 1095, 1097, 1099...

Looking to change to Hump rooms 1044,1046,1048.

First question GOOD MOVE?

Second question does either or both of these rooms have balcony opening access?

Thanks for your help...

Sandy

Hump cabins always better because of the larger balconies. However, 1048 is not on the hump; only 1044 and 1046. Don't know about opening the balconies. Are you aware that the bed configuration alternates every other cabin? You probably don't care, but we like the bed by the bath, which is the case with 1076. Bed by the balcony in the other two cabins you mentioned.

The hump cabins are in a great location and the balconies are nice but I'm not a fan of them because they are connecting cabins.  On all of the S-class ships, except the Reflection, the connecting cabins are connected by extending into the area in the hallway and making a temporary area outside the normal cabins with another set of doors.  So to enable the connecting cabin you leave the normal cabin doors open into the room.  When the normal doors are in open position, you cannot open fully open the bathroom doors.  The normal bathroom door has the hinge on the left and opens to the hallway.  The fix is to move the hinge to the right side of the bathroom door and the door opens into the cabin.  The effect is that you need to walk past the bathroom door to open it and I find it very awkward.  This is just a pain and I often avoid the cabins for that reason.  

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The hump cabins are in a great location and the balconies are nice but I'm not a fan of them because they are connecting cabins.  On all of the S-class ships, except the Reflection, the connecting cabins are connected by extending into the area in the hallway and making a temporary area outside the normal cabins with another set of doors.  So to enable the connecting cabin you leave the normal cabin doors open into the room.  When the normal doors are in open position, you cannot open fully open the bathroom doors.  The normal bathroom door has the hinge on the left and opens to the hallway.  The fix is to move the hinge to the right side of the bathroom door and the door opens into the cabin.  The effect is that you need to walk past the bathroom door to open it and I find it very awkward.  This is just a pain and I often avoid the cabins for that reason.  

To each their own - your cruise; your choice.  Honestly I have never, ever noticed this.  (actually, I'm not sure I even fully understand what you are saying about the door positions).   We always book hump cabins if we can get them as we spend a lot of time on our balcony reading and/or just relaxing and the bigger balconies are so nice.  Depending on the ship, we have often even gotten loungers in addition to chairs, which makes them even more desirable (this was in AQ cabins if that matters).

• 2 weeks later...