acupuncture

gerelmx

Booked the Constellation for Feb / 5/2021 out of Tampa. Does it still exist the acupuncture?
There are several types of treatment on board: Weight loss, Quitting smoking, Pain management, etc. Someone who has taken one of these treatments can tell their experience.

I personally would not get acupuncture, Botox or similar treatments on a ship.  I want to check the credentials of the person doing the treatment, be able to return if there is a problem or if the service was beneficial.  IMO risky and overpriced.

• Like 2

I was on the Reflection last year and used the acupuncturist on board.  I had received a shot in my back a few days before the cruise and had terrible pain in my left leg.  The Doctor on board said the pain was coming out of my back so he gave me ibuprofen and suggested acupuncture.  The pain got worse overnight so I made an appointment and kinda checked her out.  Turns out the acupuncturist had gone to a med school for three years to learn acupuncture so I was hopeful she could help me.  She took the pain out completely so I could enjoy the rest of the cruise.  Expensive, yes, but in a pinch it’s priceless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had acupuncture on a cruise in 2009 to stop smoking. I was a 40 a day smoker. They recommended 4 sessions at approx 90usd a session. I had the first session and it was like turning off a tap. I stopped smoking there and then and never touched a cigarette since. I had the remaining three sessions to reinforce whatever it did to help me stop. Best thing i ever did and with the money saved from not buying any more ciggies booked and paid for another cruise the following year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1