I really wish my final payment date wasn't 3 days before cruising is supposed to resume :(

July 29th.... our final payment date.  We have a good rate.  $500 OBC to be used anywhere on the ship.  Cheers package paid for.  $200 cruise cash (bought discounted)

Do we pay the $500-ish on 7/29/2020 for our October 12th cruise, or forgo the deposit of $198 total.  I don't want to tie up money and gift cards if it comes down to a refund for months and months.  But I do not want to lose out on a cruise either.  Decisions, Decisions.....

Any ideas or suggestions are sincerely appreciated.  Thank you.

I'd pay it and if cancelled just rebook later. Personally I'm not buying anything ahead of time until I know cruises have resumed, but you already bought cheers and cruise cash. 

Idk when your cruise is, but all we can do is wait until the cdc gives the green light. Might not know until after july 23rd when the no sail order is lifted, who knows. 

It wouldnt surprise me if august is cancelled. That one girl posted her flight she booked thru carnival she got notice its cancelled. She said she will call tomorrow but what can they say, oh we will look into it, they arent going to say her cruise is cancelled my bet. 

Let's hope they resume soon, everyone is booked and waiting just like you. I'm just not rebooking anything or doing and more check ins until I know.

4 hours ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

July 29th.... our final payment date.  We have a good rate.  $500 OBC to be used anywhere on the ship.  Cheers package paid for.  $200 cruise cash (bought discounted)

Do we pay the $500-ish on 7/29/2020 for our October 12th cruise, or forgo the deposit of $198 total.  I don't want to tie up money and gift cards if it comes down to a refund for months and months.  But I do not want to lose out on a cruise either.  Decisions, Decisions.....

since you have till July 29th to make final payment, I would wait and see as by then you will know whether Carnival will be back to sailing by August. 

Pat

4 hours ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

When it gets closer contact Carnival and see if they will push back the final payment date.

There are going to be a lot of decisions made by the CDC and the cruise lines between now and July 29th.  I have a final payment due in August for a cruise in November.  I decided I'm not going to think about it until August.  If I remember correctly, at the start of all this they extended final payments to 30 days out before they cancelled everything.  If they do start cruising again in the summer or fall, and with occurring and expected waves happening, I am hoping the 30 day out final payments become the norm during the pandemic.

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Let's hope they resume soon, everyone is booked and waiting just like you. I'm just not rebooking anything or doing and more check ins until I know.

I agree with Firefly.  Tempted to book but they already have so much of my money in FCC, and part of it the promised refunds pending.

There are plenty of other things to do and see.  I too would rather be cruising but oh well.

I would wait until the final hour on July 29. By then, a lot more information should be released, and you should have a better idea of what is going to happen. Surely by then we'll know if Carnival is going to resume cruising on Aug 1.

I don't think I can do it.  Now it is pushed out til at least September.  I will hold onto my money and gift cards.  I can always use THOSE on the May 2021 cruise for DD's graduation cruise.  Only out the $198 deposit.  But I will wait and see if THEY cancel first. Blegh

11 hours ago, daley18 said:

So what happens when you use gift cards to pay and the cruise is canceled?  We bought cheers and the spa package for a Nov 7th cruise...over $1000 worth. 

They will refund it to you in the same form of payment, which would be a NEW gift card.  And these refunds also take upwards of 90 days to receive back to you.  If we do not go in October, we will not go again until May 2021.

22 hours ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

I don't think I can do it.  Now it is pushed out til at least September.  I will hold onto my money and gift cards.  I can always use THOSE on the May 2021 cruise for DD's graduation cruise.  Only out the $198 deposit.  But I will wait and see if THEY cancel first. Blegh

Call Carnival right before your final is due and see if they will extend you till 30 days prior.  Now, since your cruise is in October and they are not starting back up till October 1,  your cruise may not go anyway.  Because of this, I would not deliberately throw away the 198.00.  Your final payment is going to be made with your 12% discounted gift cards, I assume, so you will not be tying up any more of your own money.  You'll either be cruising in October or gain 600 in OBC for your May 2021 cruise.