Refund promised but where is it?

LTC46LTT

My family of 5 had a cruise planned with NCL for March 15 that was cancelled. After numerous calls to them and their Customer Service they finally told us we would be refunded our money ($10k) but it would take 90 days! The 90 days are up, no refund, and phone #s I had been contacting are out of service. NCL promised the the refund and all I get are calls and emails asking if I want to book future cruises at big discounts! Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone actually received a refund from NCL? Does anyone have a valid phone # that has worked for you that I can call? Thx much for your feedback!

12 hours ago, LTC46LTT said:

My family of 5 had a cruise planned with NCL for March 15 that was cancelled. After numerous calls to them and their Customer Service they finally told us we would be refunded our money ($10k) but it would take 90 days! The 90 days are up, no refund, and phone #s I had been contacting are out of service. NCL promised the the refund and all I get are calls and emails asking if I want to book future cruises at big discounts! Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone actually received a refund from NCL? Does anyone have a valid phone # that has worked for you that I can call? Thx much for your feedback!

Hi LTC46LTT,

I don't think this is the right forum for your question. Try asking on this forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

Steve Dasseos

15 hours ago, LTC46LTT said:

@LTC46LTT

Howdy and welcome to the Cruise Critic message boards! emo22.gif 

Thank you for your first new thread! 👍 

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Norwegian Cruise Line forum since your inquiry concerns NCL. It is a more correct forum for your inquiry and where it will be more on-topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed NCL frequent the forum and provide feedback there. Please browse through the thread titles on the forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

Cruise Critic is a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers. emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community list of forums. Read a few threads in the forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Anytime you need to start a new thread/topic on a forum, first make sure you are in the correct forum for your topic. Word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This greatly helps the members browsing through the thread titles and if they know the information they will reply to you. It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, one ship, one port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. emo3.gif  You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship, port or sail date in your inquiry as that sort of information will help the members have the information they need in order to reply back to you.

I sincerely hope all this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!

16 hours ago, LTC46LTT said:

There are about as many threads on Cruise Critic (not just NCL) as there are refunds being processed..... spend some time looking and you will have lots and lots of company waiting for refunds. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 7:18 AM, LTC46LTT said:

866-234-0292 or 866-234-7350

steve

Hey there. This has been an extremely frustrating process for everyone. Our 3/29 sailing was cancelled on 3/14. I requested spa pass and gratuities refunds on 3/8 and 3/9 and the cruise refund on 4/19. The first two I requested by phone and the last via the online form. Up until about a week ago our account was showing FCC. Those disappeared Thursday or Friday of last week and on Monday I received an email stating that our refunds had been processed but it could take 7-10 business days to show up on our account. Quite a few posters on the NCL boards received their refunds last Friday and Saturday after being notified earlier in the week. It seems most of those refunds were requested on 3/23. Good luck with everything.

19 hours ago, esm54687 said:

There are about as many threads on Cruise Critic (not just NCL) as there are refunds being processed..... spend some time looking and you will have lots and lots of company waiting for refunds. 

Not really. Refunds being processed = zero.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Not really. Refunds being processed = zero.

You really don't pay attention do you......  there are many threads / posts here where refunds have not only been processed but actually received..... and you've been around here long enough to know that the Cruise Critic community is such a small percentage of the entire cruise community so even those who have not received the refund and posted here is not a true sample.

not to mention the post immediately after your's clearly contradicted your statement 

Edited by esm54687

1 minute ago, esm54687 said:

You really don't pay attention do you......  there are many threads / posts here where refunds have not only been processed but actually received..... and you've been around here long enough to know that the Cruise Critic community is such a small percentage of the entire cruise community so even those who have not received the refund and posted here is not a true sample.

not to mention the post immediately after your's clearly contradicted your statement 

It was a tongue in cheek comment for anyone that didn't catch that the first time around. 

I would start a charge back on your CC card, if problems with that the next call should be to your states attorney general.  Or even both in my case.

• Like 1