Regatta Cruise Cancelled - Advice ??

curtdesilets

We were booked on Regatta Sept 22 and just made final payment this week as I was assured by Oceania that the cruise was happening. Sucker punched!  Anyways, it seems reasonable to keep the money in Oceania's hands as they will give us 125% credit.  What do you all think? 

We were on the Sept 22nd Regatta cruise as well.  I cancelled last week as I was really sure it wouldn't sale.  So they still have my $500 deposit which will change to FCC (but no bonus since I am the one who cancelled) and they will refund all the stuff I had prepaid.  We will see.  They said 3-4 weeks which is way faster than the 90 days that Regent told me and seems to be taking for our June 2 cruise that they cancelled. 

25 minutes ago, curtdesilets said:

We were booked on Regatta Sept 22 and just made final payment this week as I was assured by Oceania that the cruise was happening. Sucker punched!  Anyways, it seems reasonable to keep the money in Oceania's hands as they will give us 125% credit.  What do you all think? 

With respect, you aren't serious are you?

You just admitted Oceania mislead you about the sailing so that you would make the final payment. In what universe would that deception make you feel comfortable with them holding a large sum of cash? Take the money. Let the dust settle. Once cruising returns and we all understand what's what, I guarantee you'll be more likely to make a smarter choice. That's my opinion and course of action. Good luck!  

Edited by Fort_Worth
  • Like 3

How could any company have any idea what would be definitely happening at the moment? 

I am sure at the time of the phone call that was the latest information they had. 

59 minutes ago, curtdesilets said:

Really sad for you. I can see why you made final payment. But I would not take the 125% FCC. Take the money and run and wait to book a cruise when you have strong evidence that the cruise is happening. Or you can put a deposit on something like me FAR into the future to keep the dream alive and a glimmer of hope. Anticipation of a cruise is good for my mental health. I did book one and if I lose my deposit have only myself to blame. It will have been worth it.

Best to you.

We've decided to take the 125% credit because we're reasonably sure we'd be willing to take a cruise before 2023.

I don't think there's a right or wrong, just what you're comfortable with.

• Like 1

Get a refund and use a credit card dispute to achieve it.

Put your cash in your bank and you can decide what to purchase.

You and no one else has any idea what the cruise product will be in 2020, 2021, 2023.

Spend your hard earned $ on a known.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ABoatNerd said:

Get a refund and use a credit card dispute to achieve it.

Put your cash in your bank and you can decide what to purchase.

You and no one else has any idea what the cruise product will be in 2020, 2021, 2023.

Spend your hard earned $ on a known.

Now you’ve got me really worried about what’s going to happen in 2022!

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2020 at 12:26 PM, LHT28 said:

maybe they thought  the CDC would allow  them to sail the West coast   with the stop in Mexico

You never know  what the CDC rules will be  next

That's the problem. There seems to be no urgency on the part of CDC to resolve the cruise industry's dilemma.

1 hour ago, Queen of DaNile said:

That's the problem. There seems to be no urgency on the part of CDC to resolve the cruise industry's dilemma.

Get your money back and look to book a future cruise on a sailing that doesn't come or go from a US port. CDC regulations don't apply for those ships. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, susiesan said:

Get your money back and look to book a future cruise on a sailing that doesn't come or go from a US port. CDC regulations don't apply for those ships. 

And that maybe where future cruises have to start, out of the CDC’s jurisdiction.

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

And that maybe where future cruises have to start, out of the CDC’s jurisdiction.

That is what my next cruise is. Jan. 14, 2021 Windstar Wind Spirit 7 day Tahiti. Windstar is resuming their Tahiti sailings in September. Airlines will be flying there starting in July. The entire cruise is within one country, French Polynesia so no problem with certain ports refusing ships.