question about double FCC's

CruzinNoony

Princess is offering to double your FCC if it was used to book a cruise that has now been cancelled.  I'm wondering if they are going to double the OBC that goes with it.  I'm not very clear on this.   What if the FCC's expired along the way?  What then?

I assume you are actually referring to FCD - Future Cruise Deposit - which is different from FCC. They will double the amount of the FCD but not the amount of OBC associated with that FCD.

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

doesn't that 'go-away' until you re-book another cruise ?

Of course it does but turning a $100 FCD into a credit for $200 doesn't mean you will get twice the OBC when you use it to book another cruise. After all, if you used 2 FCDs as deposit for a single person on a cruise you still only get the OBC associated with one of those FCDs and the rest is applied as payment toward the cost of the cruise. This would be no different.

Edited by Thrak

Where did you see this? I have a cruise on hold waiting for the money from my cancelled cruise to show up in my account. I noticed it was there as of yesterday. I used a Future cruise certificate to book the original cruise. Are you saying they'll give me $200 credit instead of the $100 it was originally worth? 

9 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Where did you see this? I have a cruise on hold waiting for the money from my cancelled cruise to show up in my account. I noticed it was there as of yesterday. I used a Future cruise certificate to book the original cruise. Are you saying they'll give me $200 credit instead of the $100 it was originally worth? 

If the FCD would not have expired, you would get the $100 FCD restored (which, when used, will again have the OBC that goes with it) and you would get an additional $100 as an FCC with no OBC benefit when used.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

If the FCD would not have expired, you would get the $100 FCD restored (which, when used, will again have the OBC that goes with it) and you would get an additional $100 as an FCC with no OBC benefit when used.

Is there something I can reference when I call Princess? Last phone call to them my FCD was not issued back but my Cancelled cruise money was. I can't figure out how that could be in my account but the FCD was not yet. I need to put a deposit down on my next cruise by the 24th but obviously want to use FCD

From Princess Update #7:

image.thumb.png.75995eee5e1df863b93e1e3c71f3d1bf.png

You can access the update as a YouTube video or as a pdf file here:

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/goToUrl.do?srcURL=marketing/pc/news/temp_policy_change/index.jsp

EDIT: Please note that these info sessions were directed at Travel Agents. If you used a TA ask them to insure you get the double credit. If not, you "should" automagically get the double credit but if you don't you can reference the above info when contacting Princess.

Edited by Thrak

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

From Princess Update #7:

image.thumb.png.75995eee5e1df863b93e1e3c71f3d1bf.png

You can access the update as a YouTube video or as a pdf file here:

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/goToUrl.do?srcURL=marketing/pc/news/temp_policy_change/index.jsp

EDIT: Please note that these info sessions were directed at Travel Agents. If you used a TA ask them to insure you get the double credit. If not, you "should" automagically get the double credit but if you don't you can reference the above info when contacting Princess.

Thanks, went directly through Princess so I could have more control over the bookings. So I get this clear- I have a total of $632pp credit to apply to another cruise. This means that I will have $732pp?