Cancel or wait

Scithighs

I had a May TA cancelled by Ncl and used my fcc to book a TA in October. I still have a final payment due this week and I can’t decide if I cancel before final payment or wait to see if ncl cancels. The way the virus is exploding in states I doubt any  of us will be allowed in Europe before the end of the year. Will I be able to keep my 25% perk if I cancel before final payment? I just can’t see throwing in any more money at this point. 

I can’t answer your FCC question, but I agree with your instinct not to put more money into an October cruise, especially one that requires travel to Europe. We had a TA booked with NCL scheduled to leave from Italy in late October. Final payment due July 3.  No way we were going to put more money into that cruise by that date. We’ve already cancelled; had our deposit refunded in 3 weeks. 

Good luck with whatever decision you make!

• Thanks 1

I agree that I wouldn't hand over more cash to NCL, under the circumstances, either. As a matter of fact, I cancelled my Dec. TA a while ago.  

The good thing is, if by chance the cruise is a go, you can re-book it with your FCC.  

Sorry, no idea about the extra 25% . 

Good luck, hope it all works out well for you. 

I cancelled my November cruise...wanted to get my deposit back and not go through the agony of debating what to do as it got closer to final payment.  Was upset about it...but now feel relief.  

Are you referring to the 25% FCC you got as a result of a previous cancellation by NCL?     Yes that returns in full to your latitudes account with the same expiration date.       And will again have to be used as a single transaction with a future cruise.   

Why are you considering waiting until NCL cancels???      Only way you’ll do that is if you pay in full.      

Your decision is made if you don’t pay any more.     

44 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Are you referring to the 25% FCC you got as a result of a previous cancellation by NCL?     Yes that returns in full to your latitudes account with the same expiration date.       And will again have to be used as a single transaction with a future cruise.   

Why are you considering waiting until NCL cancels???      Only way you’ll do that is if you pay in full.      

Your decision is made if you don’t pay any more.     

I was thinking there may be another perk if ncl cancels but I have my doubts. Good to know I will keep the 25%. Thank you for your help 

17 hours ago, Scithighs said:

I had a May TA cancelled by Ncl and used my fcc to book a TA in October. I still have a final payment due this week and I can’t decide if I cancel before final payment or wait to see if ncl cancels. The way the virus is exploding in states I doubt any  of us will be allowed in Europe before the end of the year. Will I be able to keep my 25% perk if I cancel before final payment? I just can’t see throwing in any more money at this point. 

wait

20 hours ago, Scithighs said:

I was thinking there may be another perk if ncl cancels but I have my doubts. Good to know I will keep the 25%. Thank you for your help 

We’ll yes there will be another “perk “-    But then you WILL have to have a booking which is only going to happen if you pay in full.