Travel Insurance Refund?

Rick&Jeannie

97 days and counting. Nothing from Norwegian Cruise Lies. Not even an update as to status and they refuse to commit to a refund date. Fortunately, all refunds were issued via an adjustment from my credit card provider.

39 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

After just under 60 days I finally got my cruise refund.  However, NCL did not refund the charge for the travel insurance fees.  Is this what everyone is seeing?  Should I expect a separate refund?  

A week ago I received a refund I requested on April 13 (for an April 19 cruise canceled by NCL). Two amounts posted to my credit card, one for the deposit paid last September, and one for the balance I paid in December. The balance paid in December included standard insurance thru NCL, and that was refunded last week, not listed separately but as part of the amount I paid in December. 

6 hours ago, blcruising said:

97 days and counting. Nothing from Norwegian Cruise Lies. Not even an update as to status and they refuse to commit to a refund date. Fortunately, all refunds were issued via an adjustment from my credit card provider.

I am confused, if you already did a dispute on your card and got a refund, why would you expect NCL to refund you again?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

I am confused, if you already did a dispute on your card and got a refund, why would you expect NCL to refund you again?

They don't owe me. I booked a month or so before sailing and my credit card payment wasnt due til after I cancelled. I never paid the credit card bill. NCL owes Visa the money. They've paid nothing to Visa to date and sent the Peace of Mind policy to Visa. I didn't cancel under Peace of Mind. Now, they put my government taxes and fees on a cruise next certificate. They just did this a week or so ago. They are so unethical and dishonest. Responding to a dispute with inaccurate and inapplicable info? Issuing a gift certificate for port charges? They'll do anything to not have to part with cash that they don't have.

20 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

After just under 60 days I finally got my cruise refund.  However, NCL did not refund the charge for the travel insurance fees.  Is this what everyone is seeing?  Should I expect a separate refund?  

I did not receive a refund but opted for the FCC.  My travel insurance also was not included in my FCC but when I rebooked using my FCC my PCC credited my trip insurance to my new booking.  Not sure how it works with cash refunds but this was my experience with an FCC

On 6/28/2020 at 10:02 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

We received ours as separate FCCs.  They came with a notation that they only could be used to purchase similar insurance on a future cruise.